Default Pompey NY Fire claims 2 FF LODD

This has just been confirmed on the local news, WTVH 5 out of Syracuse NY. There was a multi-alarm fire in Pompey NY this evening around 8:00pm. Numerous mutual aid departments responded. The second floor of the building collapsed onto the first floor where there were up to 3 firefighters from the Manlius FD fighting the fire. As of the 11:00pm news, there were 2 firefighters removed from the building deceased(LODD). The third firefighter is at the hospital in fair condition. They have not released any other information on this story. May GOD BLESS THE FIREFIGHTERS FAMILIES. REST IN PEACE BROTHERS.

UPDATE ON THIS STORY:
    3/8/02 9:40am eastern time.

The following is the latest news on the 2 Manlius FF LODD from the local media.
    Firefighters Killed in House Fire
    Two members of the Manlius Fire Department were killed Thursday night while fighting a fire in the Town of Pompey. Firefighters Timothy Lynch, of Manlius, and John Ginocchetti, of Cazenovia, became trapped in the basement of the burning house at 2841 Sweet Road. Continue story at WTVH 5 News
    A raging fire has claimed the lives of two firefighters in the town of Pompey. Dead are John Ginochetti of Cazenovia and Timothy Lynch of Manlius. The fire began around 8 Thursday night and burned out of control for over three hours. It is still smoldering Friday morning. The scene of the tragic fire is 2841 Sweet Road in Pompey,
    The victims, were both career firefighters.
    Continue story at WIXT 9 News
    Two firefighters died inside a burning home pompey thursday night. The four alarm fire started around 7:30 pm at the house on sweet road.
    Continue story at WSTM 3 News Pompey House Fire, Collapse Kill Two Manlius Firefighters
    Rescuers try to find them after roll call comes up two short
    Friday, March 8, 2002
    Continue most complete story at Syracuse area News
    Last edited by redneck1174; 03-08-2002 at 09:44 AM.
    (((my post=my opinion)))

Unhappy

My condolences to the families and fellow firefighters of the two lost brothers and the injured firefighter as well.
    Jay Kormann
    Webmaster & Associate Member
    Taunton Fire Company
    Medford Township, NJ

Default Pompey NY FF LODD

May God bless my brothers and their families. On bended knee in Michigan

MembersZone Subscriber

My deepest sympathies to the FF's families and all involved. 2 more angles now in heaven. You are in all of our prayers from your brothers & sisters in Monroe County.

ON BEHALF OF THE FLINT HILL FIRE DEPT.WE SEND OUR PRAYERS AND CONDOLENCES FOR OUR FALLEN BROTHERS.THIS HAS BEEN A HARD WEEK MAY GOD BE WITH US.
    CHAPLAIN MICHAEL F. DAVIS

On Behalf of the Fuquay-Varina Fire Department, I would like to offer our deepest condolences to the families and fellow firefighters of the fallen Manlius Firefighters. Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this sadest of times. Our prayers are also with the injuried firefighter as well.

Lt. Bob Grubbs
    Fuquay-Varina Fire Department
    Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina

Here's the story:

http://www.syracuse.com/news/syrnews...8_finalfi.html

A terrible thing...

My deepest condolences to the families and colleagues of our two fallen brothers from the Manilus Fire Department. Be assured that the injured firefighter will be in my prayers tonight and every night.

Forum Member

Lay me down beside cool waters,
    and lay to rest my body sore.
    Send the word out to my brothers,
    the fire is down, let it burn no more."

Charles Ball
    Fireman's Prayer

The thoughts and prayers of the brothers and sisters from Lewiston Fire Company #2 in Niagara County are with the friends and family of the fallen brothers Firefighters Timothy Lynch, of Manlius, and John Ginocchetti, of Cazenovia. Gods Speed and God Bless.
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Firefighter
    IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Unhappy

Please accept our deepest condolences on the loss of Firefighters Timothy Lynch and John Ginocchetti last nite. May God grant their families, friends and fellow firefighters(brothers) the strength to get through this terrible tragedy.

From all of us at the South Schodack Fire Department, Schodack, NY

Forum Member

Once again it is with a sad heart that I send my condolences to fallen Brothers. My deepest condolences to the families, close friends and fellow crew members of Firefighters Timothy Lynch and John Ginocchetti. This is a very painfull time and my thoughts are with you all.

Sprinkle (UK)

Forum Member

Default Prayers and thoughts

My families and My prayers and thoughts are with the Manlius and Fayetteville Fire Depts, and the families who lost their loved ones last night. It is truly a sad day in Onondaga County today. We lost two of our bravest. May God Bless us All. Rest in Peace TJ and Gino.

Brendan Hind
    North Syracuse Fire Dept Explorer Post
    -Stay Safe

Again with heavy heart I learn of the deaths of brothers FF Lynch and FF Ginocchetti. Again Firefighters accross NY and the nation get a
    sence of how dangerious this job can be. I offer my condolences
    to the Lynch and Ginocchetti families as well as the members of
    the Manilus Fire Departments. The familes and friends can stand
    proud of these two great men who died doing the greatest job in the
    world. They will forever be remembered as true hero's

Roger Groves
    Longview Fire Dept.
    Longview Tx.

My thoughts and prayers go to the family and friends of FF Lynch and FF Ginocchetti may they rest in peace.
    Chris Aldous
    Corinth Fire Dept.

Default Condolences

All of us at Dalmatian Productions, Inc., wish to express our sincere condolences to the families, colleagues and friends of FF Timothy Lynch and FF John Ginocchetti.

While we are all deeply saddened here, personally it hits all too close to home for me. I had the honor and privilege to serve in the DeWitt Fire Dept, which is a neighboring department to Manlius. We answered many alarms together in our districts.

May the memories of their dedication to their families, their departments and their communities serve as an inspiration to us all and a comfort to those close to them. May God bless them.

Steven S. Greene
    Executive Producer
    Learn from the Past, Observe the Present & Create the Future...

MembersZone Subscriber

With sorrow I pray that the souls
    of FireFighters Lynch and Gioncetti rest in
    peace and pray that their suffering was
    short. God Bless their family and give them
    inner strength to endure the pain of their loss.
    They will always be remembered for their Bravery.

MembersZone Subscriber

God bless you brothers. It wasn't in vain. It was in the highest calling.

I offer my profound grief that our brothers have left us and wish their families and brother firefighter peace and pride knowing they died doing what they loved to do. It's not a living, it's a calling, and they join the ranks of the bravest of the brave.

I remain, sincerely yours,
    Artie Barnett
    Lt. E-229
    FDNY

Brothers-

Please take a minute and go to www.manlius.com. All funeral and donation information is posted there, as long as another place to post condolences.

-brian

MembersZone Subscriber

Unhappy

On behalf of the Rocky Flats Fire Department, I would like to offer our condolences to the families and fire fighters of the Village of Manlius Fire Department.

May God be with the familes of our fallen brothers.They will need him more than ever.The members of the Amenia fire Co send there deepest sympathies.

Forum Member

Unhappy

Deepest sympathy and condolences go out to the Manlius Fire Department from Upper Hominy Fire Rescue. We lost a brother in North Carolina earlier this week, and we bear the grief of your loss as well. Our prayers are with you all during your time of sorrow, as well as with the families of the Fallen Brothers. Special prayers also are on behalf of the injured firefighter for a speedy recovery.

God Bless you all.

Benjamin Lunsford
    Captain, Training & Rescue
    Upper Hominy Fire Rescue
    Candler, NC
    Tell me, I will forget. Show me, I will remember. Involve me, I will understand.

Unhappy TJ and Gino the true Hero's

I couldn't believe it as I stood there on scene with my stretcher ready and equipment set up to work as hard as I could to give one of these 2 FF's the best shot at a second chance, when I was taken aside and told that one of the two was a friend of mine. TJ I still can't believe you are gone.I had a lot of fun working with you and beside you many times. I didn't know Gino only of him. But may God Bless you and your families and the Brother's and Sister's of Manlius and Fayetteville. It's going to be a long, hard road...but know you are not traveling it alone.

TJ and Gino you truely are Hero's.....and will never be forgotten

Kathy Nolan
    Rural Metro NREMT-P

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

The deepest sympathys from Myself and all of my brothers and sisters in South Florida. I am so sorry for the loss of these 2 heroes. Our prayers are with all of the family members and frineds of these 2 great men. God bless tham and thank you lord for allowing us to be blessed with these heroes in the fire service.
    Neil Isler

MembersZone Subscriber

Default With deepest sympathy

Our prayers and thoughts are with the family and friends of our fallen brothers. "Sleep my brothers, and peace be with you"
    Robert Repasky, Asst. Chief
    Sayre Fire Department
    Sayre Pennsylvania

Post With deepest sympathy

May God Bless our 2 fallen brothers. My prayers are with the families of TJ and Gino. May God bless you in this time of sorrow.

Sincerely,

Heather Helm
    EMT-B/FO I
    Carroll Co.MD Station 13
    Rural Metro Mid-Alantic EMT-B
    "The above statement is my opinion and not that of my station."

Thread Information