Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Does this sound in any way familiar??

Question: How many forum participants does it take to change a light bulb?

Answer: 1,001

1 to change the light bulb and to post to the forum that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

53 to flame the spell checkers

106 to write to the forum administrator complaining about the light bulb discussion and its inappropriateness to this forum.

41 to correct spelling in the spelling/grammar flames.

99 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this email exchange to private email

113 to demand that cross posting to other forums about changing light bulbs be stopped.

101 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts **are** relevant to this forum.

156 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique, and what brands are faulty.

27 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs

14 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly, and to post corrected URLs.

3 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this forum which makes light bulbs relevant to this forum.

33 to concatenate all posts to date, then quote them including all headers and footers, and then add "Me Too."

12 to post to the forum that they are unsubscribing because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

19 to quote the "Me Too's" to say, "Me Three."

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ.

1 to propose a new "Lite Bulb Changing" forum.

47 to say this is just what the forum was meant for

123 to vote in favor of the new forum

Fire service survival tips:
    1) Cook at 350...
    2) Pump at 150...
    3) When in doubt, isolate and deny entry...
    4) When in trouble, claim lack of adult supervision.

Me thinks you need to get out a bit more. Thanks for the chuckle.

P.S. You forgot to mention the number of supervisors required to oversee the initial person changing the lightbulb and his consultations with the people from OSHA on the proper manner.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

I am ROTFLMAO!!!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

What is really scary is how close he is to the truth!!!!!!!

Great job though

Exclamation You should have made it 1003

You forgot two. The one poster who spent 20 minutes with a calculator figuring out how many rotations it should have taken to screw in the light bulb, the voltage conversions from the power plant to the bulb socket, and how many steps are found on the average household stepladder. Then the one to point out that you forgot something.
    Last edited by jdm2267; 03-08-2002 at 09:45 PM.

RIGHT ON THE MONEY!!!!!!!!! I'm sure glad your good at math, otherwise the number would go up

Keep it coming!

"All gave some...Some gave all!"
    9/11/01 Lest we forget!
    FDNYRR

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

You forgot three:

The posters that are full-time IALC (International Association of Lightbulb Changers) that boast that they are the superior lightbulb changers because it is their profession and they change lightbulbs more often and attend more training on changing lightbulbs.

Then the indignent Volunteer Lightbulbchangers who scream that they are every bit as professional as the full-time union Lightbulbchangers and are better people because they do it for the love of their community and not a paycheck.

Lastly, there is the endless debate on IALC members who are also Volunteer Lightbulbchangers and if this is right, disloyal, etc.

But which is the correct way to spell it: Lightbulb Changers or Lightbulbchangers
    Last edited by WTFD10; 03-08-2002 at 10:45 PM.
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

MembersZone Subscriber

Another one that you forgot is the person who posted asking where they can find a link to the NFPA standard on changing light bulbs
    Busy polishing the stacked tips on the deckgun of I.A.C.O.J. Engine#1

...and before you ask - YES I have done a Bloody SEARCH!

MY GOD!!(and yours too)

we are all disturbed, and thats all i have to say

LMAO
    9/11/01 forever in our hearts

Temporarily/No Longer Active

Cool ISO Bulb Changers and Leather Helmet Bulb Changers

117 Light Bulb/Lightbulb changers needed to blast and debate with a certain ISO consultant who disrespects our fallen brothers and who is otherwise the resident fire service genius, who has also fought a 1000 alarm grass fire requiring numerous tanker shuttles and upwards of five thousand firefighting vehicles.

43 are needed to report this particular scumbag to the forum moderators with his newest alias and for the reasons to ban him for the umteenth time.

96 needed to figure out which Leather helmet is indeed the best and how to repaint the sucker should the person be lucky enough to obtain one used or god forbid they get promoted to a chiefs position.

Somebody check my math....I may be over or under a few.
    Last edited by enginecappy; 03-09-2002 at 08:24 AM.

Forum Member

OK, we must not forget the 37 posters who ask what gear is carried in your pockets while changing the lightbulb....

This could go on forever.

Thanks for the laugh.

Dave

Hold on to your brain buckets ladies and gentlemen. We're going downhill fast. I don't think the brakes are working either.

We have also overlooked the fact that the city's maintenance workers union will file a grievance because we performed one of their jobs and it takes away from them. They don't fight fires so we shouldn't change light bulbs right?
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Da Sharkie...

you forgot to add the 57 posters that would complain that the professional firefighter light bulb changers are scabbing union jobs from professional municipal light bulb changers!

HFD66Truck...

you forgot to add the 84 posters who want to know what color turnout gear you wear when changing light bulbs!

We also have to include the 112 posters who will debate the issue of wearing scba while changing lightbulbs and the 69 that will debate if changing florescent bulbs merits hazmat pay !

I think we are up to about 1,623 firehouse forums members to change a lightbulb!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

12....the average number of wig wag, revolving, strobe, and assorted visual warning devices that need a bulb changing on some personal vehicles being driven out there.
    Last edited by MIKEYLIKESIT; 03-09-2002 at 02:12 PM.

ROFLMAO!! I needed a good laugh this morning!

You guys scare me sometimes, ya really do,ROFL

Lady.
    "Let every nation know..that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty"---JFK, Jan.1961

Hmmmm! In the course of only two days we have determined it will take approximately 1623 posters to change that light bulb. But, and this is a big but, it will only take one moderator to remove all these brilliant mathematical calculations from their prominet place on this forum. And we haven't even heard from President Woody yet!!!

Bumped for Moe !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

MUCH FUNNY!!!!!

Thanks for posting and don't forget to pick up your Prozac on the way out!!!

Good times!!

MembersZone Subscriber F52Westside's Avatar

Cool

I think you forgot what color fire truck to show up in to change the lightbulb.

P.S. - I think I have spelled everthing correctly.
    Stay Safe & Bring 'em Home!
    Eddie C.
    I.A.F.F. Local 3008

"Doin' it for lives n' property"

** "The comments made here are this person's views and not that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

MembersZone Subscriber

You left out yet another, the one to check that the power was off and the meter pulled (Do you guys pull meters?) It is scary how easily we all can be amused. Thanks for the laugh, Wizzer1

Thread Information