At 9:54 am, Sunday March 10 the Hudson Fire Department was dispatched for a reported structure fire at 19 North 5th St. Upon arrival heavy smoke was issuing from the second floor and rear of a 2 story single family dwelling. While crews were stretching the first line it was reported by other occupants who had fled the building that a female may be trapped on the second floor. Entry was made through the front door by the first crew who encountered heavy fire in the stairwell and first floor. The hallway fire was knocked down immediately and a second crew advanced to the second floor equipped with a thermal imager. Both the primary search and secondary search were negative. The remaining fire was knocked down quickly and the incident was under control within 10 minutes of arrival. It was later determined that the subject who was reported trapped had left the residence earlier without telling anyone.
Fire damage was confined to the first floor livingroom and the first and second floor hallway. Cause was attributed to an electric space heater which had been tipped over onto carpeting next to a couch in the livingroom by children who had spent the night at the residence. There were no working smoke detectors in the residence and a subject who had been on the second floor barely escaped after hearing screams from the children.
Responding on the box were Engines 30, 28, 27,64, Tower 32, and Rescue 32. Combined crews from Engine 64 and 27 acted as the FAST team.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Hudson NY - Working fire
03-11-2002, 01:52 AM #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2000
- Hudson, NY
Hudson NY - Working fire
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)