Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thumbs up New WTC Flag Raising Stamp

Holy Cow, have you seen the new US Postage Stamp depicting the Flag Raising? The US Postal dervice annouced it on their site today. Check it out www.usps.com/news/2002/press This will be the second of the special stamps that are nowing coming about to raise funds for certain projects. The first one was the Breast Cancer awareness stamp and it has done very well. I just got off of the phone with the P.O and they know very little about the release date as yet. Hopefully around May. It will cost $.45 cents compared to the regular $.34 and the extra $.11 goes to FEMA. Lets make this the most sucessful stamp the Postal Service has ever created. Oh by the way. How in the world was the Postal service able to recreate this event showing the ACTUAL participants? I guess this branch of the U.S. Government does'nt have to be PC after all.
    Last edited by BillyMott; 03-11-2002 at 05:48 PM.

Thumbs up

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool Very Nice

Looks llike a nice stamp
    Should show the actual event.... PC is Bull...T

MembersZone Subscriber DFCFFEMT14's Avatar

Thumbs up Impressive!!

I must say this is my favorite postage stamp of yet and I'm sure that it will be quite popular with most everyone. I like how they used the original photo, not a remake or anything. I commend the USPS for coming out with this stamp this quickly especially considering the length of time it normally takes to get a stamp into production, and the extra cost will be well worth it. Hopefully they will have first day covers available for it.
    Stay safe all.
    Stay Safe

Ryan Dennett
    FF/EMT-I

"Some ask why. I answer: I know where I am going when I die, and so I do not fear it. Some people need more time to figure it out. I am that extension. My life for yours."
    Marc 'SkipJack270'

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up

I have to agee with DFC14 on this. GREAT looking stamp.

Steve

Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

Great looking stamp. I'll buy several.

On a historical note, isn't this the first time that someone is on a stamp that is still alive? I know what the stamp is depicting and all, just wondering.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Forum Member

I remember reading once that a Boy Scout stamp in the 40's or 50's had some actual Boy Scouts on it by accident. If there is a rule about living people on stamps, this might fall into a loophole since the stamp isn't commemorating them in particular (they just happen to be the ones in the picture chosen).

Thread Information