*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Standard Time unless otherwise indicated)
Friday, March 08, 2002
· QUEENS, NY: 33-6042 **3rd Alarm** at 95-26 118 St. x 95 Ave. Heavy fire in a 2-story 150x75 building - fully involved. Fire knocked down in main fire building. Fire extended into exposure 2. Exterior operation. [MNS-154/62/342*]. 12:16a.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: 33-6042 **3rd Alarm** at 95-26 118 St. x 95 Ave. Fire in a 2-story building & extended into exposure 2 - fully involved, a 3-story 75x100 building. 4 Tower Ladders in the exposure, 2 in main fire building. Numerous hand lines in operation. [MNS-154/62/342*]. 12:37a.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: 33-6042 **3rd Alarm** at 95-26 118 St x 95 Ave. Fire in a 2-story building, which extended into exposure 2 - fully involved 3-sty 75x100. Numerous Tower Ladders in operation. 2 additional Trucks S/C. [MNS-154/62/342*]. 12:49a.m.
· MFN: HARFORD Co., MD: Dwelling fire (Box 405 – Abbington), next to 3495 Albantown Way. Engine 414 on scene reporting heavy smoke showing. (MFN214) [MFN-13]. 1:00a.m.
· 2nd Alarm – BOSTON, MA: Box 1224 at 52 Salem Street. "Dunkin Donuts". Reported building fire. PWH. *483.1875* [TAC9-C302]. 1:50a.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: 33-6042 **3rd Alarm** at 95-26 118 St. x 95 Ave. Fire in a 2-story, extended into exposure 2 with heavy fire & a complete collapse. 5 Tower Ladders in operation, exterior operation. Searches delayed due to heavy fire. P/W/H. [MNS-154/62/342*]. 2:16a.m.
· MFN-Update: HARFORD Co., MD: Dwelling fire next to 3495 Albontowne Way. (Box 405 – Abington). Engine 414 has heavy smoke showing. Fire on the 1st & 2nd floors. Fire knocked down in 15 minutes. MFN-54 on scene. Mutual Aid Joppa & APG. [MFN54]. 2:56a.m.
· LINDEN (UNION Co.), NJ: Working fire at 2345 E. Linden Ave. Fire in a Commercial Bakery. 1 line stretched operating. Fire confined at this time to ventilation system. Ladder to roof. Using All Hands. Requesting Health Dept. to scene. [EAN44]. 3:37a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD - Working fire at #20 New Haven Ct x N. 9th. Fire on the 2nd floor of a 2-story brick - one line off. PUMPERS: 9, 5, 2, BC801. [STL810]. 7:27a.m.
· BALTIMORE Co., MD: *Fatal* Industrial Rescue at O’Malley Lumber Company, 4242 North Point Rd. (Co.#9 – Edgemere). M-9 reports (1) Priority 4 (DOA) patient. PIO & MOSHA requested. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 7:38a.m.
· CAMDEN (CAMDEN Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm** 100 block E. State St. Companies have heavy fire in a row of 2-story dwellings. Possible jumpers from exposures. [EAN3308]. 7:58a.m.
· Update – CAMDEN (CAMDEN Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm** 100 block of E. State St. CAR-3 reports fire in (3) dwellings at this time. S/C for an additional Ladder & BLS Unit. [EAN3308]. 8:06a.m.
· CAMDEN (CAMDEN Co.), NJ: *3rd-Alarm* 100 block E. State St. Fire in a row of 2-story dwellings. [EAN3308/503]. 8:40a.m.
· WILLISTON PARK (NASSAU Co.), NY: Working fire at 672 Willis Ave. Fire in an occupied Commercial building. M/A Mineola FAST Team, East Williston & Albertson to the scene. Graden City Park to stand-by. Main body of fire knocked down. Fire is PWH. [MNS266/432]. 8:52a.m.
· CHICAGO, IL: 2-11 Alarm fire @ 227 S. Central b/o 2-2-4. 3-story brick 100x80. [CHGO-1]. 10:51a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS Co., MO: Mehlville FPD has a 1st Alarm fire at the Sherwood Country Club - 8100 Fine Rd x Telegraph Rd. Smoke showing from the 2nd floor. Co.’s: 1722, 1760, 7114, 1710, 1752, 1756, 1757. [STL810]. 11:06a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS Co., MO: Update - Mehlville FPD's 1st Alarm fire at the Sherwood Country Club - 8100 Fine Rd: Smoke showing from the 2nd floor. One line off. Move-up made. Uncertain if the fire is at the club itself or other nearby building. [STL810]. 11:12a.m.
· Update - CHICAGO, IL: 2-11Alarm: 3-story brick 100x80. Fire on 3rd floor rear with extension into cockloft. 6-lines working. [CHGO-1/6/11/15/145]. 11:12a.m.
· STLFN: ST. CHARLES Co., MO: Wentzville FPD has a **2nd Alarm** Barn fire at 1847 Highway Z. NFI/ATT. [STL810]. 1:22p.m.
· QUEENS, NY: 2nd Alarm - Box 9308, 36th Ave. & 127th St. Building fire. [EAN100]. 2:00p.m.
· QUEENS, NY: 22-9308, 127th St. x 36 Ave. Fire in an Auto Body Shop – 1 story taxpayer. Request Tower Ladder to set up. 2nd Alarm on arrival. [MNS-154/62*]. 2:02p.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: 2nd Alarm - Box 9308, 127-27 Willets Point Blvd. S/C Haz-Mat due to Acetylene tanks involved. Fire remains DWH. [EAN100]. 2:14p.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: 22-9308 *2nd Alarm* at 127-27 Willets Pt Blvd x 127th St. Fire in a 1-story taxpayer Auto Body Shop, extension in exposure 2, a 50x75, 4 lines stretched operating, 1 Tower Ladder in operation. [MNS-154/62*]. 2:20p.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: 22-9308 *2nd Alarm* at 127-27 Willets Pt Blvd x 127th St., Fire in a 1-story taxpayer 50x75, Auto Body Shop. 3 lines stretched operating, 2 Tower Ladders in operation. Main body of fire knocked down. Search in progress. D/W/H. [MNS-154/62/274*]. 2:56p.m.
· STLFN: CAHOKIA (ST.CLAIR Co.), IL: Camp Jackson FD has a fire on the roof of a Shopping Center at 1200 Camp Jackson. This is possibly construction related. Several Departments have responded M/A. [STL819]. 3:30p.m.
· NORTH BEACH, MD: **2nd Alarm woods fire** end of 10th St (Calvert Co.) Special request for jeeps. M/A to scene. [DC8A/DC8]. 5:11p.m.
· RALEIGH (WAKE Co.), NC: *2nd Alarm++* 7913-15 Condor Ct. 2-story wood brick Townhomes with (5) units. Fire on 2nd floor & attic of 2 units. E18 was on scene with brush fire & requested a Full Alarm then 2nd Alarm. 7E, 1Q, 2T, 2R, 2Air, 1EMS, 5C. Interior attack. E18 with (4) handlines & 3" supply, 5" supply for Quint. Ground Ladders up. No injuries. Fire under control. 2E's moved-up for cover. [CFP7984/710/763/7961/7921/747*702]. 5:23p.m.
· NFBN: CHEMUNG Co. NY: **Multi Alarm** Putt Hill Rd. Chemung Command 5 on location with 15-20 acres involved. M/A of manpower and tankers to the scene from Baldwin, Erin & Greater Valley. Transfers in progress. [ESFN-1 O/L]. 5:29p.m.
· CANTRALL (SANGAMON Co.), IL: (delayed) – Fully involved house fire at 920 W. Fisher Rd. Units were on scene approx. 4 hours. CIFN*1 [H/L CIFN*3]. 5:41p.m.
· STLFN: BELLEVILLE (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: Haz-Mat situation at 1108 Lebanon Ave. E1 & E4 en-route. [STL313]. 6:21p.m.
· KANSAS CITY, MO: Working fire @ 8022 Bellefountaine x 80th St. Heavy fire showing from a 1-story frame. CAR07, P29, P30, P37, R9, R11, T8, T11 [KCFN-02]. 6:26p.m.
· KANSAS CITY, MO: Working fire @ 31st Street & Holmes “Ice Cream Factory.” 1-story Commercial building. Smoke/fire showing. CAR102/106, P17, P19, R11, R31, T2, T7. [KCFN-02$]. 7:08p.m.
· Final: KANSAS CITY, MO: Working fire @ 31st Street & Homes – “Ice Cream Factory.” Fire now under control. Fire was in a walk-in cooler of a large 1-story Commercial building. S/C R1 for RIT. [KCFN-02]. 7:19p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS Co., MO: West County FPD has a working brush on South Outer 40, 1/4 mile east of Mason Road. Several Brush Trucks and additional Pumpers have been dispatched. [STL819]. 9:57p.m.
*** FirePage Ohio Report for March 8, 2002 ***
FirePage Ohio® covers all of Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Northern Kentucky and we will soon add Eastern Indiana and the City of Indianapolis. Beginning in early 2002, we will be sending all of our incident notifications via E-Mail. So, if you carry an alphanumeric pager, PDA or cell phone, and that device has an email address, we can get the information to you.
For additional information, you can contact us at our office, (937) 399-4197, email us at email@example.com or visit our web site at http://www.firepageohio.com.
If you'd like to report an incident, please call our hotline number: 1-888-342-0143, and leave a message. Please make sure you include your name and a call back number.
This report is complied by FirePage Ohio® Dispatcher Scott Berringer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Columbus: *ALERT 2* Port Columbus International Airport. Twin Engine turboprop inbound with 1 engine out. 8 SOB. FPO/D260 ©
Columbus: *ALERT 2* Port Columbus International Airport. Sta 400 (Rural/Metro ARFF) with Eng 151 (Whitehall), 131 (Mifflin Twp), Lad 131, Res4cuE (Columbus), Med 151, Tank 141 (Jefferson Twp), BN 6, 131, 151.. Staging at Old CFD Sta 25. FPO/D260 ©
Columbus: *ALERT 2* Port Columbus International Airport. Air Res405cuE reports aircraft landed without incident. Holding Station 400 units. All others in service. FPO/D260 ©
Columbus: W/F 222 West Lane Ave. Fire on 5th floor of multi story Dorm Type Hi-Rise (OSU Campus Area). Cos: Eng 7, 13, 19, Lad 13, 1 (Top Gun), Res16cuE, Med 19, 7, EMS 13, BN 3, 1. FPO/D260 ©
Columbus: W/F 222 West Lane Ave. EMS 13 reports *SEVEN* CPD Officers trapped on 7th floor. Heavy smoke conditions above 4th floor. FPO/D260 ©
Columbus: W/F 222 West Lane Ave. CPD Officers rescued and evacuated safely. Still heavy smoke above 4th floor. FPO/D260 ©
Columbus: W/F 222 West Lane Ave. Bulk of fire K/D. Still heavy smoke conditions throughout. Searches negative on lower floors. Now searching upper floors. Holding all companies. Fire Prevention S/C'd. FPO/D260 ©
Columbus: W/F 222 West Lane Ave. At least 1 civilian pulled from upper floors. BN 3 requesting add'l Medic. Med 25 enroute. FPO/D260 ©
Columbus: W/F 222 West Lane Ave. Starting PPV. Heavy smoke conditions on all floors. Rescued victim is non life threatening. FPO/D260 ©
Cleveland: W/F East 128 & Brackland. BN 6 reports a 2 sty brk apt bldg with heavy smoke showing. Cos: Eng 30, 31, Lad 30, Squad 3, & BN 6. Eng 10 - Worker. Lad 31 - RIT. FPO/D700 ©
Columbus: W/F 1458 East Fulton St. Cos: Eng 15, 8, 3, Lad 15, 8 (FireFightin' 8's), Res2cuE, Med 8, 15, BN 1, 6. FPO/D284 ©
Columbus: W/F 1458 East Fulton St. RIC: Eng 2, Med 2, EMS 11, SO 2. BN 1 (Bauman) has command and reports a 2 sty apt bldg fully involved. Eng 2 laying a line. FPO/D284 ©
Columbus: W/F 1458 East Fulton St. Exposure problems. BN 1 reports fire K/D. Holding all companies. FPO/D284 ©
Columbus: W/F 1349 Carbone Dr. Cos: Eng 16, 24, Lad 24, Res16cuE, Med 16, BN 2. Box 15 reports working fire. FPO/276/D284 ©
Columbus: W/F 1349 Carbone Dr. RIC: Eng 13, 19, Med 19, EMS 12, SO 2. Exposure problems. BN 2 (Cox) has command. FPO/276/D284 ©
Columbus: W/F 1349 Carbone Dr. Eng 24 broke down. Making progress. FPO/276/233/221/D284 ©
Columbus: *Grass Fire* I-71 in Cooke Rd area. Eng 7 requesting 2 extra engines. Eng 18, 1 enroute. Fire starting to go across freeway. FPO/221/D284 ©
Columbus: W/F 1349 Carbone Dr. BN 2 reports fire K/D. Holding all companies. Prevention 8, 14, Red Cross S/C'd. BN 2 requesting extra engine for relief. Eng 27 enroute. FPO/276/233/221/D284 ©
Columbus: *Grass Fire* I-71 in Cooke Rd area. Freeway travel being hampered by smoke. Tryint to protect buildings. BN 3 responding. FPO/221/D284 ©
Columbus: *Grass Fire* I-71 in Cooke Rd area. Eng 13 also on scene. Engines are going to hydrants, filling their booster tanks, and returning to the freeway. FPO/221/D284 ©
Northeast, PA (Erie): MVA/PIN Washington & Grandview. Cos: Med 91, Squad 207, RP 212, Res 208, DC 201. 2 car MVA, 1 into house with 1 pinned. Life*Star Helo (7YL) & Harborcreek Squad 227 S/C'd. FPO/801/D276 ©
Cleveland: W/F 3640 East 113. BN 5 reports a 2.5 sty house with heavy smoke showing. Cos: Eng 41, 36, Lad 36, Squad 1, & BN 5. Eng 11 - Worker. Lad 11 - RIT. FPO/D700 ©
Marengo (Morrow): *Field Fire* 1500 CR 219. Cos: Sta 39, Brush 32, Morrow County Squad 2. M/A Tri Twp (330), Porter-Kingston (381), and Ashley (310) for brush trucks. 5 acres going with extension into woods. FPO/240/D276 ©
Columbus: W/F 175 Hutchinson Ave @ Holiday Inn. BN 101 (Worthington) reports heavy smoke & some visible fire in rear. Cos: Eng 33, 27, 6, Lad 33, 101, Res101enG, Med 33, BN 2, 7, 101. Box 15/FPO/276/D260 ©
Columbus: W/F 175 Hutchinson Ave @ Holiday Inn. BN 101 reports quick K/D. No RIC needed. Holding Eng 33, Lad 33, 101, Res101enG. Box 15/FPO/276/D260 ©
Farrell, PA (Mercer): W/F 1189 Wallave. Recall off-duty FFs. House fire. FPO/D323 ©
Newark (Licking): W/F 73 Union St. All NFD companies working a fully involved 2 sty house. FPO/255/D276 ©
Newark (Licking): W/F 73 Union St. Fire being K/D. Holding all companies. FPO/255/D276 ©
Columbus: W/F 1119 East Fulton St. Cos: Eng 8, 15, Lad 8 (Fire Fightin' 8's), Res2cuE, Med 8, BN 3. Lad 8 reports quick K/D. Holding Eng 8, Lad 8, BN 3. FPO/D284 ©
Columbus: W/F 1119 East Fulton St. BN 3 (Jackson) has command. FPO/D284 ©
Ashley Twp (Delaware): (Delayed) MVA/Head-on Ashley Rd & Maloney Rd. Cos: DelCo Med 1, 5, 6, Eng 312, Res311cuE. 2 car MVA with 1 pinned. MedFlight S/C'd. FPO/240*/D276 ©
--- Pages Today: 31
--- Pages YTD: 910
*** REPORT FROM THE LINE OF FIRE ***
Philadelphia, PA- 3-05-02
1551 Hours: Tac-Box#5132 27th & Poplar Address of fire 924 n. Poplar.
Engine 34, Engine 13, Ladder 1, Ladder 9, Battalion 3
1554 Hours: Battalion 3 onscene reporting a 3 sty vacant dwg, 16 x 35, heavy fire #1 floor, all companies inservice.
1556 Hours: Medic 36 and Ladder 14 (RIT) are dispatched.
1557 Hours: Battalion 3 now reports he has 2 -3 sty vac dwg, heavy fire in in one dwg, and heavy fire in the other on the 2nd floor
1557 Hours: Box is struck
Engine 27, Squrt 43, Battalion 11, Rescue 1, Deputy 1
1558 Hours: B/C 3 rpts he has 3- 3 sty vac dwg with heavy fire showing in all dwgs
1559 Hours: SECOND ALARM IS STRUCK
Engine 44, Engine 45, Engine 16, Pipeline 50, Pipeline 6, Battalion 1, Ladder 6, Battalion 4, Battalion 8, Field Com 1, ES-4
1603 Hours: Battalion 3 rpts he has all hands in service exterior attack.
1610 Hours: Engine cover Engine 13, Snorkel 5 cover Ladder 9, Engine 2 cover Engine 27
1616 Hours: Fire Under Control by orders of Deputy 1
1627 Hours: SA-2 is responding.
Phila. Second Alarmers
London Fire Brigade Daily Report
08 Mar 02
0617 A21 Paddington 8 PUMP FIRE, PERSONS REPORTED at Flat G, 17 Westbourne Street, 4-sty apartment bldg 10m x 12m, 2nd sty fully involved, fire on 1st, 3rd & 4th flrs, extended to exposure, using 6 hosereels, thermal imaging camera, 1 civilian rescued from roof by Hydraulic Platform, 8 additional civilians rescued, 1 hospitalized.
1056 H36 Mitcham 4 pump fire, persons & cylinders reported at Flats 13 to 22, Eastfield Estate on MOrro Close, apartment block 40m x 60m, heavy fire 1st flr using 2 hosereels, 7 adults & 3 children rescued over 4 ground ladders, 4 with smoke inhalation.
1443 F42 Ilford 4 pump fire, persons reported at 66 Eastwood Rd, 2-sty private dwelling 8m x 8m, heavy fire 1st flr extending up, using 2 hets & 1 hosereel, 1 civilian w/burns & smoke inhalation.
Runs for the day: 836
Runs for the year: 46316
Gary, Indiana Fire Report 3/8/2002
00:26 Still Alarm 1710 Connecticut St
O/a heavy fire showing from a 1.5 frame 25 x 35 SFD. 1 eng led out, 2 lines used, roof opened. (crack house raided earlier in eve) Eng co's 2,4 Trk 4 Squad 2 Batt 4
06:00 Still Alarm 1180-82 Jackson
O/a heavy smoke showing from a 2 sty Ord vacant apt house 30 x 80. Fire in the basement and 1st fl. 2 eng led out, 3 lines used, roof opened. Eng co's 2,1 Trk 1 Squad 2 Batt 8
RG GFD Eng/Sqd 2
***BALTIMORE, MARYLAND FIRE HISTORY***
for March 8th:
1871 - E-8 was organized & placed in active service in new quarters on the south side of Mulberry St, between Schroeder & Oregon Sts, West Of Downtown - It is a 2 story brick building on a lot 120'x23', costing $10,000, & the lot $2,350 - A bell weighing 1,245lbs was placed in the tower, struck by telegraph - E-8 received the used 1858 steam engine "Alpha" - The Foreman was George W. Kroger from E-1 - On 11/20/1967, E-8 relocated with T-10 into a new 1 story brick, $250,000, 4 bay firehouse @ 1520 W Lafayette Ave, in the Sandtown/Winchester section (Northwest Of Downtown) - This is the site of T-10's former quarters which was demolished to make way for the new firehouse - Today, E-8, T-10, BC-3, & Medic-15 are stationed there. (TUH)
1963: Box#10-49 + Special Call 6 Engines - Broadway & McElderry Sts - Northeast Of Downtown - Johns Hopkins Hospital - Bomb Scare Investigation. (CHM1)
1971: Baltimore County: 3 Alarms - 822 W Lake Ave - Co#14 - Brooklandville - Fire involved a 100 year old mansion @ the Boy's Latin School - The 2nd & 3rd floors were severely damaged. (TTFD)
1999: 2 Alarms - Box#40-12 - 2211 Weaver Ln - Dickey Hill (West Baltimore) - Fire involved a 3 story woodframe dwelling. (CHM1)
2001: 2 Alarms - Box#3-5 - 0543hrs - 5633 Frankford Ave - East Baltimore - Fire involved a 1.5 story woodframe dwelling - "D" Shift. (TGA)
George T. Ehrman
· The Original FireHISTORY: March 8, 1915: FDNY RESCUE Co.1 the first Rescue Company in the US, was organized at 42 Great Jones St. @ E-33 in Lower Manhattan. They had 6 houses and are now at 530 W. 43rd St. in Midtown. (Previous house here destroyed by a 10 Alarm fire next door in 1985). Since 1915 over 50 medals have been awarded to members, and 3 had died in the Line Of Duty – until 9/11/01 when Rescue Co.1 lost it’s Captain, Lieutenant and nine Firefighters at the World Trade Center. In 2001 Rescue Company 1 was the busiest Rescue in NYC with 2,592 runs. [CHGO-18]. 9:46p.m.
08 March 1992 - Thailand - Maritime Accident - Ninety people were killed when a ferry carrying pilgrims to a Buddhist shrine collided with an oil tanker in the Gulf of Thailand.
08 March 1998 - Elbo, Alabama - Flood - As El Nino continues to hold the US in its grip, the rising waters of the Pea River cuts 2 60' holes in the levee forcing the evacuation of the town's 2000 residents. A ma and child are swept away in their car while driving through flood waters.
08 March 1998 - New York City, New York - Mass Shooting - A man who was kicked out of a nightclub returns 15 minutes later opening fire with a semi-automatic. Ten are wounded, one critically in the melee.
08 March 1991 - State of Washington - Storm - Major storms and resulting high tides cause nearly $4 million in damages.
08 March 1970 - Gediz, Turkey - Earthquake - A 7.1M tremor hits the western region killing 1100.
08 March 1924 - Castle Gate, Utah - Mine Accident - Coal mine explosion kills 171.
08 March 1908 - Cleveland, Ohio - Fire - Collingwood Elementary School burns, killing 173 children and two teachers.
Fire Buff's Guide to Southwestern Ohio
by Mike Linthicum
Fire Buff's Guide to Southwestern Ohio
Vice President - FirePage Ohio
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
NEFNN (New England Fire Inc)
PO Box 590387
Newton Mass 02459
paging carrier Arch Wireless
Paging fire info since 1989 oldest known group around.
Paging fires from all of New England, New York, New Jersey and Major cities thru-out the United States and Canada.
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
Box 8 Club of St. Louis Inc.
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportemail@example.com
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2002 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: World Of Fire Report: 03-08-02
03-11-2002, 07:06 PM #1
World Of Fire Report: 03-08-02
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)