Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: An Apology

Default An Apology

It is a sad day when someone can't admit that perhaps they are wrong or were insensitive. I like to think, despite my numerous faults, that I know when to say the word that means a lot. Perhaps at the time, when emotions are heated, my irish temper is raised above a healthy level and that is unfortunate. While I can not, and in fact will not, apologize for my core beliefs, I could have put my later arguements into better words and explained them more clearly. Instead I allowed myself to stoop to a level of prudish, childish behaviour. For that, and for offense anyone took, I apologize.

Overnight, the time in which the soul does searching, it came to me that perhaps there is a better way to stimulate debate on a myriad of discussions and that is by taking the high ground. It also occured to me that man has faults and each of us involved in the debates, in a unique way, were right and wrong. That is a fine line but it exists.

I also said that I was leaving the forum and that is a mistake. I will stay and participate more than ever. However, never again, will I make anything personal with respect to names. Certainly, it will occur that I disagree strongly and attack arguments made, but never the person and never through personal attacks.

E40L35 and I had an excellent debate going and I swooped to low. I commend him on his intelligence and he matched me point for point.

Lt229 - I did not debate him but went on the defensive and made uncalled for remarks.

Again I apologize for moving away from debate and getting into personal area's. I apologize to all.

God Bless America

For my part......Apology accepted. Part of the problem exists because on this particular Forum, some people refuse to be contacted by personal message. A lot of dirty laundry can be cleaned up privately instead of public airing. In relation to 35/40 & 229LT, both carry legitimate message codes, both are reasonable, next time try that."Everybody here has erred more then once" nobody's perfect. Just an old War Horse observation!

"All gave some...Some gave all!"
    9/11/01 Lest we forget!
    FDNYRR

Default Thank you

For my part......Apology accepted.
    Thank you

Part of the problem exists because on this particular Forum, some people refuse to be contacted by personal message. A lot of dirty laundry can be cleaned up privately instead of public airing.
    I agree with you. For my part, I failed to do that plus I made it personal. Never a good idea.

In relation to 35/40 & 229LT, both carry legitimate message codes, both are reasonable, next time try that
    I have to take your word on that and I will.

."Everybody here has erred more then once" nobody's perfect. Just an old War Horse observation!
    Agreed.

To add a footnote to this, I still believe the central idea in my contention is correct and I will move forward on that. However, it will be done so as a gentleman, though if anyone gets personal, it will not be me.

God Bless America

I respect you for the fact that you apologized to all for the personal issues, but retained your belief in your opinion. If a man offers an apology for his perceived missteps, you cannot do anything but respect it, no matter how heated a discussion becomes. For my part, I believe that a majority of the differences that were argued, arose from misunderstanding of viewpoints, rather than true malice. A fair share of the misunderstanding belonged to me, and for that I apologize.

I think that when brothers can speak like gentlemen, without the personal attacks, we can see one anothers viewpoints more easily and are likely to agree to disagree, at worst.

Believe it or not, I know that the members outside of NYC are interested in the debate you seek. I also know that they will have input and advice that can help in the long run. I wish you well in your endeavor and hope that you can keep the brothers on task, base discussions on fact rather than speculation and generally keep them from the type of discussions that can cause harm to the people that are still hurting.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to join in such a discussion at this time. A while back, the brother from E40, among others, asked that this topic not be taken up here and now. While it is obviously an individual decision as to wether or not to participate, I feel that I personally owe the brothers that do not want it my loyalty.

Good Luck

I just read the post that led to this appology...and all I can say is WOW..... That original post was harsh and abrasive and uncalled for. I respect your opinion and you for sticking to it...but you appology was well versed.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

If a man offers an apology for his perceived missteps, you cannot do anything but respect it, no matter how heated a discussion becomes. For my part, I believe that a majority of the differences that were argued, arose from misunderstanding of viewpoints, rather than true malice. A fair share of the misunderstanding belonged to me, and for that I apologize.
    That is my belief as well.

I wish you well in your endeavor and hope that you can keep the brothers on task, base discussions on fact rather than speculation and generally keep them from the type of discussions that can cause harm to the people that are still hurting.
    I wish I could keep brothers from going off of the intellectual scale. In speaking with a good friend from Columbia I noted that the yahoo's will come out in force and, due to the time they have restrained themselves, be forceful and at some points, ignorant. In fact, believe it or not, I have no desire to see that type of discussion. I believe there to be, among us, many persons who can write with good taste while still fulfilling their desire for discourse. I doubt that I would be the one to do so, but instead, I have offered my opinions. Tastefully done, opinions are great. Our debate was well matched. Moreover, I gained a great deal of respect for you and lt229. As a Christian, I cated like an arse as humans are known to do. I will always keep in mind the families and the brothers.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to join in such a discussion at this time. A while back, the brother from E40, among others, asked that this topic not be taken up here and now. While it is obviously an individual decision as to wether or not to participate, I feel that I personally owe the brothers that do not want it my loyalty.
    I understand and think, personally, that you are to be commended for that. I appreciate your candor and honor and though we disagree on a few issues, common ground is found on the belief that very braves souls ride the rigs of the five boro's.

Thread Information