Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Does it make you sick?

I have been feeling sick to my stomach for the last week, or so. I see these people protesting against our gov't going after the people who intentionally killed thousands of innocent people...And hid behind their GOD! I went to a site called f@$%edcompany.com and read these morons post on and on and on about how the people at the WTC weren't heroes and were cowards.

WHAT WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?

Do they not understand that until we have weeded these people out that their way of life is threatened? Do they not see that EVERYONE at the WTC and the Pentagon and the passengers of the flight in PA are all HEROES. Both the living and the dead. These people were helping eachother to get to safety...were bringing down the plane that could have killed thousands more...were doing their best to stop the worst. These people are heroes, but you will never hear that come out of their mouths.

To those that think that the USA and the UN aren't justified in killing these cowards, I wonder if you would feel the same if someone that you knew or loved would have been killed. I thank the Lord that this isn't the case.

PEOPLE...find something, somewhere else to bitch at, or protest about. These men and women of OUR armed forces arefighting for YOUR rights. The Firefighters, Police and other workers around the country are protecting YOUR life and safety. Don't EVER forget that or those you do such thankless jobs. I don't want to see these people's faces anymore, EVER, bashing our gov't for doing what needs to be done.

Finally, I saw a news report, where the reporter was talking with our soldiers in Afgahnistan. The only thing that this young man wanted to say was,"Don't make this another Vietnam. I'don't want to return to the US and have to listen to people who say that what we are doing here (in Afgahanistan) is wrong." The quote may not be totally accurate, but that's the jist of it.

iceman4442
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Amen, Firedog!

I checked out the f*#^edcompany site a couple days ago; very impressive. Gives new definition to "Mutts!"

It's amazing sometimes how short people's memories can be - been six months since the worst terrorist attack in history, and now we're the bad guys!?

Stay safe!

MembersZone Subscriber
    No. Providence R.I. : Land of the "How ya doins"

You both hit the nail right on the head. What these treehuggers don't realize is even though they are protesting, the extremists would kill them too, they don't care because the bottom line is that they are still Americans and to them this is just cause enough. What happened on 9/11 illustrated the total disregard for human life as a whole. If we bombed villages in Afghanistan and wiped them out I could care less. Mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, children,wives, husbands all gave their lives on 9/11 needlessly when they were doing what they could to earn a living, minding their own business. So if civilians abroad were to be killed so be it. It's called collateral
    damage. The sooner the bleeding hearts realize that these people don't care about anyone including themselves the better.

What happened on 9/11 illustrated the total disregard for human life as a whole. If we bombed villages in Afghanistan and wiped them out I could care less.
    So your saying its okay to murder innoocent civilians as long as their not Americans. And you wonder why the USA is hated in some parts of the world.

So your saying its okay to murder innoocent civilians as long as their not Americans. And you wonder why the USA is hated in some parts of the world.

Iceman, you were saying something about "Mutts?"
    Mr Fire Line, If it weren't for your country's failure to monitor potential Terrorists and not let them just lounge around in Toronto because the Liberal scum you have running your country is too afraid of ****ing people off in the Middle east, than we may have avoided 9-11 all together! These guys were in your country and came into the United States via Canada! Your Immigration laws SUCK! The only thing Canada is good for is Bacon and hockey! "O CANADA, WHAT LOSERS YOU ARE !"

MembersZone Subscriber
    No. Providence R.I. : Land of the "How ya doins"

Let me clarify this for my treehugging neighbor to the north. The people who did this to the USA did not give a s*** who they killed on 9/11,they were INNOCENT CIVILIANS. To them they represented the American might. To me as well as many others I know, the civilians
    in the middle east represent POTENTIAL TERRORISTS! When your freedom to live without fear of extremists and live in a safe place without these worries is threatened come and talk to me. I have to agree with CW, Canada is entry point for many scumbags to get into the US. Your government should beef up it's security as well, because who knows what's next.

An article by Canadian columnist Jamie Glazov:

OKAY, THAT’S IT.

I know I’ve been threatening to leave Canada for quite some time without really doing much about it. But this time I am more serious than I have ever been. And all those Canadians who are constantly pleading with me to stay might as well save their breath.

I have my suitcases by the door, they are half-packed, and I am ready to move to the United States.

That’s right, and Canadians won’t have Jamie Glazov to kick around anymore.

The latest Canadian shame, which I don’t think I can digest this time around, is that the Prime Minister of Canada has refused to co-operate with the U.S. on Iraq.

I have been traumatized enough by the reality of the recent appointment of Bill Graham as Canada’s new Foreign Affairs Minister. A guy notorious for having been involved in the gay sex trade is now heading this nation’s foreign policy. He is especially fond of teen male prostitutes. And he has pursued this activity while being married (to a woman) and having two children.

The Canadian national media don’t even say anything about this because Graham’s lifestyle is considered to be very “cutting-edge” among Canadian political elites.

But this is apparently not enough to make Canada a laughing stock in the eyes of the international community. Our leader now has to make it known that Canada will not support the U.S. in severing one of the main roots to international terrorism.

Chrétien’s position is that Canada's fight against terrorism is limited to Afghanistan. This stance is based on the ludicrous assumption that terrorist cells operate within the borders of only one country.

The Prime Minister maintains that Canada will not support a unilateral American attack on Iraq until there is “evidence” that Hussein is implicated in terrorism.

After everything that Hussein has done, what more “evidence” does Chrétien need about anything?

Isn’t the idea alone of the Americans pummeling the crap out of Hussein inspiring enough? How could anyone in his right mind not immediately start jumping for joy at the very prospect of this scenario? How could he not immediately give his unequivocal and full-hearted support?

Isn’t the Americans’ word about the necessity of taking out Hussein enough? Doesn’t America merit our unqualified support after having saved the West from Hitler in the Second World War -- and from the nastiest regime in world history in the Cold War?

Obviously not. Know why? Because Canada’s greatest fetish is to “stand up” to the United States -– no matter what moral principle is at stake.

In other words, it’s much more important for Chrétien to show that he won’t be “pushed around” by the Americans than for him to help the Americans eliminate the psychopaths who caused September 11. And never mind that our pathetic immigration policies allowed a significant number of those psychopaths to enter the U.S. through our territory.

In facing the danger and evil of Islamic terror, the American President has had the wisdom to declare: "Either you are with us or against us.”

So the question must be asked: who is Canada with?

The answer is becoming obvious.

What’s really happening here is that the Liberal Prime Minister is emulating his hero Pierre Elliott Trudeau, who was the Liberal Prime Minister of Canada in the period 1968-1984.

Trudeau was so obsessed with “standing up” to the Americans that he kissed the *** of every communist he met. He fell in love with Fidel Castro. That’s why the Cuban dictator showed up for Trudeau's state funeral on October 5, 2000 and declared three days of mourning in his totalitarian state for the occasion.

Trudeau also adored Mao Tse-tung, and that’s why he constantly praised the communist revolution in China -– which liquidated some 60 million human lives. He also consistently heaped extravagant compliments upon the Soviet regime. That’s why he visited the Soviet paradise not once, but twice. On one of the visits, he praised the way the Soviets had developed their north -– lamenting that Canada never did it the same way.

Trudeau knew that the Soviet North was developed by concentration camp slave labor.

Chrétien was one of Trudeau’s protégés. He has never disassociated himself from any of his hero’s shameful utterances.

This is not to say that Chrétien is a moral degenerate like Trudeau was. He is not.

Trudeau was clearly a communist. Chrétien is not.

But Chrétien’s obsession with “standing up” to the Americans has led him, like many of his predecessors, to place Canada on the side of evil.

It’s disgusting and absolutely pathetic.
    "Let's roll." - Todd Beamer, one of a group of American soldiers who handed the terrorists their first defeat.

Joe Black

The opinions expressed are mine and mine alone (but you can borrow them )and may not reflect those of any organization with which I am associated (but then again, they just may not be thinking clearly).

Forum Member

Guys, this isn't a Canada vs US issue, let's not make it into one.

Well said LadyCapn. If any of you are interested in how most Canadians feel about our American friends please read the following or better yet go on the 'net and listen to it.

This page contains Audio links, designated by:
    The RealAudio player is necessary to listen to
    these files. Click here to download the player.

News Broadcasting - "Unique Stories"

"The Americans" - Original Script
    (Listen to the original audio)

"LET'S BE PERSONAL" Broadcast June 5, 1973 CFRB, Toronto, Ontario

Topic: "The Americans"

The United States dollar took another pounding on German, French and British exchanges this morning, hitting the lowest point ever known in West Germany. It has declined there by 41% since 1971 and this Canadian thinks it is time to speak up for the Americans as the most generous and possibly the least-appreciated people in all the world.

As long as sixty years ago, when I first started to read newspapers, I read of floods on the Yellow River and the Yangtse. Well, Who rushed in with men and money to help? The Americans did, that's who.

They have helped control floods on the Nile, the Amazon, the Ganges and the Niger. Today, the rich bottom land of the Mississippi is under water and no foreign land has sent a dollar to help. Germany, Japan and, to a lesser extent, Britain and Italy, were lifted out of the debris of war by the Americans who poured in billions of dollars and forgave other billions in debts. None of those countries is today paying even the interest on its remaining debts to the United States.

When the franc was in danger of collapsing in 1956, it was the Americans who propped it up and their reward was to be insulted and swindled on the streets of Paris. And I was there. I saw that.

When distant cities are hit by earthquakes, it is the United States that hurries into help... Managua Nicaragua is one of the most recent examples. So far this spring, 59 American communities have been flattened by tornadoes. Nobody has helped.

The Marshall Plan... the Truman Policy... all pumped billions upon billions of dollars into discouraged countries. And now, newspapers in those countries are writing about the decadent war-mongering Americans.

I'd like to see one of those countries that is gloating over the erosion of the United States dollar build its own airplanes.

Come on... let's hear it! Does any other country in the world have a plane to equal the Boeing Jumbo Jet, the Lockheed Tristar or the Douglas 10? If so, why don't they fly them? Why do all international lines except Russia fly American planes? Why does no other land on earth even consider putting a man or a women on the moon?

You talk about Japanese technocracy and you get radios. You talk about German technocracy and you get automobiles. You talk about American technocracy and you find men on the moon, not once, but several times ... and safely home again. You talk about scandals and the Americans put theirs right in the store window for everybody to look at. Even the draft dodgers are not pursued and hounded. They are right here on our streets in Toronto, most of them... unless they are breaking Canadian laws... are getting American dollars from Ma and Pa at home to spend here.

When the Americans get out of this bind... as they will... who could blame them if they said 'the hell with the rest of the world'. Let someone else buy the bonds, let someone else build or repair foreign dams or design foreign buildings that won't shake apart in earthquakes.

When the railways of France, Germany and India were breaking down through age, it was the Americans who rebuilt them. When the Pennsylvania Railroad and the New York Central went broke, nobody loaned them an old caboose. Both of them are still broke. I can name to you 5,000 times when the Americans raced to the help of other people in trouble.

Can you name to me even one time when someone else raced to the Americans in trouble? I don't think there was outside help even during the San Francisco earthquake.

Our neighbours have faced it alone and I am one Canadian who is damned tired of hearing them kicked around. They will come out of this thing with their flag high. And when they do, they are entitled to thumb their noses at the lands that are gloating over their present troubles.

I hope Canada is not one of these. But there are many smug, self-righteous Canadians. And finally, the American Red Cross was told at its 48th Annual meeting in New Orleans this morning that it was broke.

This year's disasters... with the year less than half-over... has taken it all and nobody... but nobody... has helped.

ORIGINAL SCRIPT AND AUDIO
    COURTESY STANDARD BROADCASTING CORPORATION LTD.

(c) 1973 BY GORDON SINCLAIR

PUBLISHED BY STAR QUALITY MUSIC (SOCAN)

A DIVISION OF UNIDISC MUSIC INC.

578 HYMUS BOULEVARD

POINTE-CLAIRE, QUEBEC,

CANADA, H9R 4T2

Default EVERYONE TAKE A DEEP BREATH

This is not a time for North AMERICANS to start sniping at one another. There are plenty examples of poor judgement on both sides of the border. I believe in the general goodness and generosity of MOST people in both the U.S. and Canada. Dont turn this thread into something uglier then it already is creeping towards.

While I will say that Fire Lines' last remark ****ed me off, I can understand his sentiment. I don't want to see ANY innocent paople get killed, but the fact is that some of the people that others call innocent are the people who are hiding these cowards; i.e. they aren't as innocent as they want you to believe.

Canada isn't the only country that is responsible for these cowards getting in to the US. Our own Immigration Services allowed some of them in. Canada is a great country that has problems, just as we do. But the US will always be the target of people with short-term memories. Does that mean that we will stop helping them someday? Hell NO! We are the world's police force. We are the world's bank, and the most gracious at that. We always will be because we are also the most forgiving.

Forum Member

Come on. . .

1) The U.S. is in Afghanistan pursuing justice not revenge. That is one of many things that sets us apart from the few ****** that ran our planes into our buildings in September and is one of the many reasons I am so proud to be an American.

2) All of the people in the middle east represent potential terrorists? Please tell me you don't believe this. That is like saying all black Americans are potential gang members or all Germans are potential neo-Nazis. Please don't be that ignorant.

3) One of the many things that make me proud to be an American is my freedom to be able to make this post and the freedom to criticize U.S. policy openly should I see fit. And while media like f***edcompany.com site makes ME sick and people protesting our government's action make me angry, I have to remember that the men and women who fought for my freedoms also fought for the freedoms of everyone INCLUDING media like f***edcompany.com and the right to assemble. As long as media like f***edcompany.com is up and running I will be disgusted and hurt by the ignorance and stupidity that I read but and I will continue to disagree with anti Afghanistan protesters but I will also be comforted because I know MY freedoms still exist. It is when media like f***edcompany.com removed and lawful protesters are removed that I will start to worry.

Let's deal with the tasks at hand. We need to heal from this tragedy and we need to prevent another one. Let's do it with some dignity.

Thumbs up

KIDS!!!

just like a family to have a good fight grab a cup of coffee. I like that.

Ok, these jack off don't know what the F they are talking about. They are right the guys are not heros. By USA standrs they are. In ower eyes they are brothers and I know that anyone of us would do the same thing Canadan or USA FF it is what we LOVE to do it not what we have to do like some 9-5er. So what to do? I personlly would Like to go head to head with the commie basterds and plant a 9 1\2 boot up there *** but, some jerk off things thats wrong. (bit off)

Any Ideas ??????????

P.S. Leather 4Ever

I wasn't dumping on the USA, but on Puffy's statement about killing innocent people.

I have no problem with the American people, just with some policies of the American goverment.

We could spend the next year in a ****ing match and still not agree with each other. No country is completely innocent. (Look at the way Canada has treated the First Nations people).

Call me a mutt, I can live with that.

Call me a commie, never been, never will.

Call me a tree hugger, always been always will be.

Is it ironic that Fire Line is from Blind Bay?

In all seriousness, we have a huge problem in the way that countries see the U.S. We are fighting a conflict, not just in Afghan country, but within our own borders. I am always upset when someone who is free because our nation exists, complains about our policies. That is with respect to our friend from North of gods Country

Why do we have to defend our outrage or our response? We are the victims here, and the people of New York, including the bravest, can testify to that. We are not Euro-Civilized which is a great thing for this country. We are Americans, proud of our heritage, easy to deal with, but, when prompted, can unleash hells fury on those who wish us harm. I am proud to be an American where I can shout this from the rooftops in freedom.

On the question of "Is every middle easterner a potential terrorist?", statistics tell us otherwise. No, every one is not. However there exists the unknown factor, which has to be calculated. Do I blame anyone for having their doubts about those form the Middle east? No, a healthy skepticism keeps you alive. Moreover, after 9/11, we are victims and victims have the right to be cicumspect.

As for Canada, the 51st State, I have found over the long haul that Canada proclaims its independence from US policies. That is good for them. They seek their own identity. Thus, they are quick to jump when slighted. However, in the grand scheme, much like France folding like a pup tent in a windstorm in various world conflicts, it is up to the Americans to defend North America. The canadians appreciate this inwardly.

God Bless America!

Default Another one from Glazov...

Here's another op-ed piece on the peculiarly anti-American theme of Canadian nationalism by Canadian political essayist Jamie Glazov:

Yes, Bush Did Snub Canada. So What?

FrontPageMagazine.com | September 28, 2001

EVER SINCE President Bush snubbed Canada by not mentioning the country in his address to Congress, many Canadians have been traumatized.

Almost everywhere I go in Toronto, I hear the same thing over and over again: "He insulted us. He didn’t even mention us. How could he do this to us?"

The little thing I can’t help noticing is that every single person I hear complaining about this is an anti-American. In every political conversation I have had with one of these people, I have heard nothing but disdain of American society and foreign policy. But now, all of a sudden, these individuals want to be praised by the Americans for being "great friends."

I can’t help thinking of a sidekick "friend" of mine that a group of us grew up with. If a street fight ever occurred, all of us always knew that this character didn’t have our backs. Not only that, he constantly talked badly about us. But all the while, he consistently complained to everyone that we didn’t include him in our "group."

If you don’t know what egocentrism is, now you know.

In his remarkable speech, Bush praised a number of countries that agreed to help the U.S. in its war against terrorism. With British Prime Minister Tony Blair in attendance, the President declared: "America has no truer friend than Great Britain." Canada was not mentioned once.

Oh well.

If you want respect from Americans, then it is probably a good idea not to have a public broadcasting system, the CBC, which engages in non-stop expressions of animosity toward them. From the moment the tragic horror on September 11 occurred, the CBC was filled with arrogant and smug criticism of the potential American military response. Every program discussed how the U.S. had to behave with "caution" and that Canada had to avoid becoming complicit in any American "warmongering."

Almost all of Canadian national media, except the superb National Post, argued vehemently against joining the war against terrorism. That’s because Canadian nationalism prioritizes the demonstration of Canada’s "independence" above all else. Indeed, if Canadians show their readiness to fight against terrorism, then they just might be seen as submitting to the Americans. And we couldn’t have that now could we?

The Canadian nation has yet to find a way to express or define its identity without anti-Americanism. Canadians are Canadians because, well, they are not Americans. Thus, when Americans get ready to fight a war on terrorism, Canadians make sure that they don’t. That way, they can remind everyone, including themselves, that they are not Americans.

But the little brother complex has its consequences. You reap what you sow when you intentionally poke a stick into the eye of your neighbor just to show how "sovereign" you are.

Ever since the late 1950s, Canadian foreign and defense policy has been a disgrace. For instance, because the United States conflicted with Communist dictators such as Fidel Castro, Canada, especially under Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau, went out of its way to nurture good relations with the brutal despot.

Just recently, Canada's decision to stay at the United Nations' racist "anti-racist" conference in Durban, South Africa was no surprise at all. By staying, Canada lent credibility to pernicious anti-Semitism on display there.

But it had to stay and do that, because the United States had walked out. And Canadians couldn’t be like the Americans now could they?

Canada’s immigration laws have been a disaster. Almost anyone and everyone is allowed into the country with hardly any security checks -– all in the name of "multiculturalism" and "tolerance." That is why Canada is now a harbor for terrorists – who have dozens of cells throughout the country. A good handful of the mass murderers who hijacked the planes on September 11 entered the U.S. through Canada.

Canadian nationalists’ sensibilities were just recently bruised because Canada was not singled out by George Bush as a great American friend. But to be singled out one has to single oneself out. You don’t spit in the face of a friend for an entire generation and then get mad when he doesn’t call you his best friend.

The time for the Canadian little brother to grow up is long overdue. But the way things look, he will never do that. He is addicted to his rebellious adolescence. Not being like "those Americans" has become far too intoxicating – and far more important than standing up for the values and principles upon which Western civilization is based.
    "Let's roll." - Todd Beamer, one of a group of American soldiers who handed the terrorists their first defeat.

Joe Black

The opinions expressed are mine and mine alone (but you can borrow them )and may not reflect those of any organization with which I am associated (but then again, they just may not be thinking clearly).

Forum Member

Bucks, I don't know where you are finding this very "interesting" columnist, but I for one can say that they don't speak for me or anyone else I know.

Maybe they are our version of Ted Rall(Spelling?)?

The irony of the matter is...while the Canadaian Government does not like our policies and takes stands against our interests they sure do a lot of advertsing aimed towards their "warmongering neighbor to the south" to come to Canada for vacations and spend American Dollars! I also see a lot of Canadian license plates while vacationing on the coast of the great state of Maine, USA!

To our Canadian Brothers and Sisters... I know that all of you don't share the vision of us that your leaders do. You know that if the events of September 11th happened in Montreal, Ottawa or Vancouver that the United States SAR teams would be there to assist...we are just a phone call away!
    Last edited by CaptainGonzo; 03-14-2002 at 06:40 PM.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

You know that if the events of September 11th happened in Montreal, Ottawa or Vancouver that the United States SAR teams would be there to assist...we are just a phone call away!
    And rightfully so. As for advertising dollars and Canadian money spent here that is great. No excuse, however, for a view of the US as warmongers. I had the opportunity to converse with a member of the Canadian Govt. a few years ago when IM's were becoming a rage. The hatred for the US was shocking to me. However, this is by no means a condemnation of Canadians in general nor the bravest. A Canadian was a member of my first website and a great help and friend. My message was directed at those who are narrow minded.

Now I step down from the pulpit and wave the flag.

Somewhere Between the Backstep and the Seat of the Fire.

Exclamation Take off, eh?

Last time I looked, we were all North Americans.

Last time I looked, a firefighter was a brother, regardless of which side of the border he was on.

Last time I looked, it was Al Queda members that were flying the planes, not Canadians.

Last time I looked, democracy and having a different viewpoint did not mean you were anti-anything.

Last time I looked, I respected people, cultures and diversity not entirely because of the flag they carried.

Maybe I should look again?

Peoples words can inspire hatred. I genuinely offer my hand in friendship to you all, especially you who put down my country... for only I speak for myself. Peace and stay safe.

Thread Information