Thread: Parade

Forum Member

Default Parade

Can anyone tell me the times and routes for the St. Patricks day parade in NYC.

Geeze, been to two dozen and I'm not sure.......LOL! I believe it kicks off at 11AM, and the route passes St Pat's Cath., so I'd say that was fifth ave. The Parade usually forms up around 83-86th st..East Side. Here's some references.....229LT/E35/L40/rescue2bob/southbronx One of them (at least) will be there, verify what I said!

"All gave some...Some gave all!"
    9/11/01 Lest we forget!
    FDNYRR

MembersZone Subscriber

The festivities kick off at 44th Street and Fifth Avenue at 11:00 am on March 16th, with bagpipers, high school bands, and the ever-present politicians making their way up Fifth Avenue to 86th Street, where the parade will probably finish around 2:30 or 3:00 pm.

The best viewing spots are toward the north end of the parade route, away from the shopping and work-a-day crowds that throng the sidewalks below 59th Street. Try sitting on the upper steps of the Metropolitan Museum of Art for a great view or catching a close-up view of the marchers where the parade turns east on 86th Street.>>>

Geeze...rescue2bob is right, I am getting senile....all those years I thought we went south, and it was north. Thinking back now....it was the 2nd ave Bars that took a beating in the seventies and eighties streets.....retirement is not doing any good for me
    Good thing I told you to verify......at least we'd pass each other?

"All gave some...Some gave all!"
    9/11/01 Lest we forget!
    FDNYRR

Forum Member

Thanks for the tips. I am really looking forward to it. It will be my 1st NYC parade.

This space for rent
    Recently relocated to Baltimore County, MD

Thumbs up

I've gone to the parade 4 out of the last 5 years and it has been great each time. Two years ago it snowed but that just made us hit the bars earlier Weather forecast to this point is that it will rain in the am but clear up later. Should be close to 60!!! I agree with EngineLt. You have to go uptown. We watched it from the 60's one year and that was our best view yet.
    Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

Forum Member

That had to ahve been the most moving, incredable experiance I have ever had at a parade. We marched with FDNY and everyone was just great. The people lining the parade route, the cheering, and waving and yelling, I still am in a daze. The members of FDNY made us feel very welcome. The moment of silence during the parade was very moving. It was the first time I was ever in the city and heard just silence. Afterwards, at the various bars, the people were just great. I hope I have the honor to do this again sometime.

Thread Information