Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Instructors Needed

Hello all,
    I am in the process of locating instructors for an advanced extrication class to be held sometime in the late spring or early summer. The class will consist of many different fire departments in the local community. There are 14 departments located in Allen County Indiana. They surround the City of Fort Wayne (Northeast Indiana), which is approx. 205,000 in pop. the county has approx. 190,000 in it. the county last year ran approx. 10,000 calls for all departments. We have numerous extrications around the county every year. The problem is that most dept.'s are trained to a basic level. I want to offer the oppertunity for these dept.'s to advance their skills. If anyone is interested, please email me and we can go from there. We are looking for a 2 day+ class. We have all the cars you would want, free hotel or you can stay at the station and ride. Thank you.

Contact MedFlight in Columbus, Ohio (Grant Hosptital) and see of J.D. Vasbinder is still instructing for them. He is with Columbus Fire and is an EXCELLENT instructor in advanced extrication techniques. My guess is that by working through MedFlight, they can clear some hurdles in scheduling for you....
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

Talking

Regarding advanced extrication, I've presented programs for both school bus and big rig rescue. Presentation experience includes the International Vehicle Extrication Competition, Firehouse Expo, First Due Conference, and many others. Also, I've presented numerous advanced extrication programs related to automobiles. Recently I've designed a program specifically for Heavy Lifting, Cribbing, and Winching Operations. Please email me with any interest or ideas you may have.

I agree with metal, J.D. Vasbinder would be a good place to go for help. He is an instructor for State Fire School in BGSU. Also try the manufactures. I know Holmatro has a Auto Anatomy Class, not sure of the other big companies but give it a shot. Good Luck

Thumbs up Instructor Available

Engineman, please reply to the message I posted to you about instructors needed to my E-mail address sgallagh@ddfra.co.uk. Just in case you did not receive my first message, my colleagues and I are all qualified Vehicle Extrication Instructors currently working at the Training Centre of Durham Fire and Rescue Brigade. We are validated by The Fire Service College, Morton, England; The Scottish Fire Service College; International Centre for Emergency Techniques, Holland and are the Brigades Extrication Team. We would love the oppotunity to come to Indiana and share our skills , knowledge and experience with brother fire fighters. We would obviously meet the costs of our travel.
    Best Regards, Sean Gallagher.

MembersZone Subscriber

Engineman'can you post you e-mail addy or another way to get in touch with you.i have 5 years of extication exp. teaching at the NEW YORK CITY FIRE DEPT FIRE ACADEMY as well as a NYS extrication instructor and certified hurst and holmatro instructor from both manufacturers.And the best is im cheap,i'll volunteer to teach
    you can e-mail me if you prefer mike m

Cool

Contact Dep. Chief Steve Hartsock Avon Fire Department Avon, IN 317-272-2155 www.avonfd.org. Chief Hartsock is one of the best hands on instructors I have ever seen. He has the best class room info from new car to heavy rescue.

CONTACT TODD HOWELL AT HOWELL RESCUE SYSTEMS 1-800-228-7612. J.D. IS ONE OF THE INSTRUCTORS THAT TEACHES FOR HOWELL. TODD ALSO HAS AN ENTIRE GROUP THAT WILL TEACH ALL PHASES OF EXTRICATION, FROM BASIC TO VERY ADVANCED. GIVE HIM A CALL, .

Forum Member

Engineman,
    I have eight years of rescue experience with the last 3 as a Certified Rescue Instructor in NC. I have taken classes under billy (see post above) and also taught some classes at the same conferences as he has. I specialize in stabilization and advanced extrication practices.

All I usually ask is that travel expenses be covered (room, meals, to and from, ect....) and base pay for instructors. I am not in it to make money, just to share the knowledge I have gained from so many.

Feel free to e-mail me if interested.

benford1@netzero.net

Good Luck!

Benjamin Lunsford
    Fire & Rescue Instructor
    Tell me, I will forget. Show me, I will remember. Involve me, I will understand.

Cool Instructors Needed

If your looking for a good Instructor that will teach your group over all( trucks , bus , car ) Bill Leach is a good instructor. Bill has been at Fire House expo , he also runs classes in N . C. & also has run classes at the N.C. state fire school.
    Back in 1993 I met Bill at the International Comp. in Ky.. We were going over to tour the Ford Truck plant. He was seeing what was new in the truck industry.
    Another good Instructor would be Ron Moore ( I know everyone already thought of Ron ). I don't think I have to say any more about Ron.
    In Canada there is Mark Uttley & Pete Methner. Both do alot of training classes in Canada & are members of T.E.R.C..
    I hope I've helped you by giving you somemore contacts.
    Good luck in your quest for instructors.
    If I can help you in any way please feel fre to contact me @ :
    Jim Greene
    P.O. Box 257
    West Henrietta N.Y. 14586
    585-359-3181
    jammerg@frontiernet.net.
    Our e mail address has changed from the 1 that is on the profile.
    Good luck.

Jim Greene
    Jim

Thread Information