Lightbulb I Say Rebuild The World Trade Center!!!

Any thoughts??
    Joe F. Rocks! Growth Stock Investor & Market Strategist
    Sentiment and technical indicators analyzed to assess growth stock timeliness. Seasonality also factored in. Well established pattern of cycle lows during March/April and September/October.

http://www.joefrocks.com/

Default I think it will be

For a place that played such a huge part in the economy of the world, I think it will be. Let's face it, they are not going to let such a highly valuable piece of property just sit there. Some say it should be the site of a memorial. I agree, but who's to say that a memorial couldn't be incorporated as a part of a new trade center? Just my opinion
    Crazy from the heat!!!

Thumbs up

This is what I have said from day one. Rebuild them exactly as they were and have the first few floors as a memorial and museum. Let's give the freaks that did the damage the pleasure of not rebuilding them to show the world that we are back.

Default Yes

I agree, Danny. I think by not rebuilding the trade center on the site, no matter what type of structure/structres are decided on, it would be giving the bad guys the final say in this matter. We need to show them and the rest of the world that this country will not stand for this kind of action being taken against us
    Crazy from the heat!!!

Sr. Information Officer

Default World Trade Center

Consider this. Many businesses that occupied space in the World Trade
    Center buildings have relocated to areas outside of Manhattan. Namely,
    Westchester County of New York and across the river in Union, Bergen and Hudson Counties of New Jersey.

The question that needs to be asked is; Who would consider renting space in the new "Towers" if they were rebuilt? I think many corporations might shy away from occupying offices in the building.
    Former employees who survived the attack at the Trade Center would probably never consider returning, if they were rebuilt.

The prospective occupancy rate would have to be looked at closely, before any construction started. There would be no sense to rebuild
    the "Towers" if no businesses sought to occupy them.

Question What if ...

It were a complex composed of multiple buildings of the same heighth, i.e., something that would be relative to the surrounding buildings, not something that would provide a "target" for a repeat attack? Instead of rebuilding the original 100 + plus story towers, how about four 50 story bulidings?
    Last edited by daveman069; 03-27-2002 at 07:05 PM.
    Crazy from the heat!!!

Temporarily/No Longer Active
    Pittsville Volunteer Fire EMS Rescue Department, Inc. Pittsville MD "Pittsville Pride"

Yes, they said that they are going to rebuild the WTC towers, I heard that they were going to rebuild three, but 5 sound better and the one in the middle be taller than the other.

.......||.......
    || || || || ||
    || || || || ||
    || || || || ||
    || || || || ||
    || || || || ||
    || || || || ||

What does that loook like to you? The finger? Just to show Afghanistan.
    Last edited by Station7Cadet; 03-30-2002 at 09:31 AM.

Thread Information