Default how many open and closed gays are in the fire servis?

How many guys or women are in the fire servis with it is payed or Vol.
    Plese let it be know how many of us there out there in the fire and ems servis...

Question Gay FF

There has to be some gay firefights out there...blease lave a note here just saying were your from,how old you are, and what you have went thu if anythine PLEASE to not be sacred to speak up ....

I know about 800 FF in the area where I live, through different locals. They are all paid. There is only one that I know of that is gay. She is very open about it. There are only 7 woman in the entire local that she is in though, so part of the reason she is so open might be to prevent being hit on. I don't know that for fact. I never thought about asking her. I think it might be easier for a woman to come out then it is for a man in the fire service. Typically FF are seen as a "Man's man" all macho and tough, I think alot of them might be afraid that it would really affect their working relationship with other FF. Not to mention the ribbing they would take on it.

Default Does it really matter?

If it's something that a person feels comfortable about sharing, then they probably will. If not, well, that's fine to. I don't think it's going to matter when you are counting on one another in a situation that we have to deal with on the job, just like their race, religion, heritage, etc., is going to make a difference either
    Crazy from the heat!!!

Forum Member

i dont know of any gay FF or EMS workers. Of course, most do not (and should not) flaunt their sexuality in everyone else's face be it gay or straight.
    Mark Carlson

firefighter's find 'em hot and leave 'em wet!

I've always suspected that I was a lesbian trapped in a man's body, does that count? How about it, are there any more like me out there?

Default What next?

I wasn't going to reply but in the end could not resist. All I can say though: WHAT NEXT?
    Stay Safe - Sleep with a Firefighter

District Chief

Who cares.... As long as they respect your preferences and leave you alone and can do their job....let em be!
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Forum Member

While I don't know of any gay males on the Chicago Fire Dept.,there is a large group of gay females on the job, not only in Fire Suppression & Rescue, but in EMS. There is an inner circle of sorts that have been rewarded with fairly cushy positions as a result of being gay.

I could care less how many there are.

Man-o-fire
    That is good!! I have heard that from a few of our guys as well!

I could not resist- does it really matter?!? As long as he/she can do the job who cares what their sexuality is!?! I guess as long as everybody is getting some- everybody is happy!

FDNY- we will never forget 9-11

Default Dan is here now

I just turned 19 on 4-22. (as u can tell I am a guy)
    What I say is how I fell.....
    Well in the words of The Rock (WWF Superstar)
    IT DOESN'T MATTER
    As long as you get the job done. If you are gay/les who cares, everyone gets what they want, and is kepted happy (I do not like to hear a guy talk about it, but women are a diffrent story, *Laugh*)
    But hey, if you are going to work on a Department w/ nice people be honest about it. I think you will be better off in the long run. Take care everyone.
    Dan M. B.
    NJ State Firefighter 1
    Passaic County Fire Acadamy
    Class of 2001
    "Let's Not Forget Our Fallen Heroes"
    9-11-01

Thread Information