MembersZone Subscriber

Cool Anyone from Bermuda Fire Service????

I just came back from a trip there and am trying to find someone to ask a couple questions....

send me a private message if you are from there!

Keeping my fingers crossed
    " The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." - Samuel Johnson

swr88, I`ve been to Bermuda 9 times and have talked with FF on a couple of occasions. I might be able to help. I hope you enjoyed your trip, I always have. Chewy
    Lead,Follow or Get out of the way.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey, thanks for the reply! I had almost given up on it.

Yea, we had a nice time there in Bermuda. Very neat place. Its own little world that's for sure.

I wasn't there long enough to really talk to anyone. Maybe if I go back I could talk to a FF or medic from there.

I am trying to learn a little bit more about their system. How they do things? How many runs are they making? Are they like the US or the UK? Stuff like that.

Any thoughts? If not do you know how I can get in touch with someone there?

post or email me if you wish to respond

Thanks again for the reply.
    " The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." - Samuel Johnson

They run very much like the UK. However they have a very low fire load,due to the constuction(Limestone).The few fires they due get are just room and contents.I beleive 99% of there runs are medical.They have 2 paid stations, Headqaurters(7-8 apparatus) in Hamilton and a small station in Somerset (1 pump). A volunteer dept. protects the town of St. George,that station I haven`t seen.Most of the rigs have a short wheelbase.They seem to like the Mack Midliner chasis.There uniform is Bermuda shorts and a T-shirt. If you should go back don`t hesitate in stopping in, they`ll welcome you with open arms,I know people who have exchanged shirts and badges with them.The Bermudians are a classy group of people and there FF are no diffrent, I`m sure that goes with out saying. I rent a house when I go. Check it out at www.wallbridge.com/karen.This could help make your next trip a little more affordable. I hope I`ve been of help. Chewy
    Lead,Follow or Get out of the way.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for the info. Limestone...I guess I didn't realize that was limestone when I was there.

Thanks for the link, too. Nice prices. I will remember that one!

Thread Information