Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Cartoonist at it again

The mutt Ted Rall is at it again, folks. Apparently, this piece of canine excrement felt the backlash of FDNY people, and other FF from his last tasteless cartoon, and wanted the last word. Check out the article at: http://www.nydailynews.com/2002-03-1...t/a-144246.asp
    Let's light up the 'net again. Hopefully, we can get to him. I would like to see him in the unemployment office.

With thanks to E ngine Lt, here are the links again:
    Link #1 The Artist Ted Rall's email:

Email:chet@rall.com

Link #2 His publisher:

Universal Press Syndicate
    Kathie Kerr, Director of Communications
    Phone: (816) 360-6945
    Email:kkerr@amuniversal.com

Link #3 His Publishers PIO:

Sue Roush
    Universal Press Syndicate
    4520 Main Street
    Kansas City MO 64111
    (800) 255-6734
    Email:sroush@uexpress.com

Link #4
    The Washington Post
    Feedback
    Email: webnews@washingtonpost.com

Link #5
    The New York Times (I'm Ashamed)
    To the editor:
    letters@nytimes.com

Link #6
    The Village Voice:
    Tell us what you think. editor@villagevoice.com
    Link #7
    The people who publish his books:
    NBM publishing
    555 8th ave., Ste.1202
    New York, NY 10018
    Tel: (212)643-5407 FAX: (212)643-1545, 1-800-886-1223
    info@nbmpub.com
    "Illigitimi Non Carborundum"

"The views expressed by me are solely my own, and in no way reflect the views of any organization which I belong to."

I guess it's time to take this out of the gutter and into the spotlight. That is beyond me and I am going to call on the IAFF to begin an immediate boycot of any and all publications who carry this "Artist's" work.

It seems a nickle, dime email campaign has only inspired this "Artist" to attack our ranks. Call your unions, notify your brothers and sisters. Don't mail the "Artist", mail people who matter.

MembersZone Subscriber NCRSQ751's Avatar

Default Gear Magazine

Let's not forget this article points out that the Cartoon appears in the April edition of Gear Magazine. Their website is http://www.gearmagazine.com but I'm having trouble connecting - if anyone can get more info on an email address for that please post it!
    Susan Lounsbury
    Winston-Salem Rescue Squad
    Griffith Volunteer FD

This is nothing new for scumbag Rall. He has raised the ire of my fellow conservatives for awhile. This cartoon is an abomination and reflects on his moral deficits. All firefighters, indeed all Americans should be outraged. The brothers in the city do not deserve to have a cartoonist casting aspursions formed from his own ultra liberal mind. He is a cancer on society with the ability to draw and an audience that eats it up in spades. Note the Washington Post, the New York times, bastions of the left who thinklessly publish this under the premise that it is "interesting and newsworthy". How would Mr. Rall like it if someone drew a caricature of him sodomizing someone and put text up that said "Hey Ted, almost through?"
    I am infuriated and have my family banging out the email to interested parties.

I am ashamed that what we call civilized has reached a point of mocking disaster victims.

God Bless America and damn Ted Rall to hell.

Waynesboro, VA, possibly relocating to Virginia Beach in the near future!

its gonna come around and bite him. when his house/building/box whatever he lives in burns down, i think it would be funny with him saying "do something you guys" and the firefighters just sit there and laugh. this guy needs a life, seriously...

Statements like WFDjr1's post are not called for, not even in a funny way. They are the kind of things that bums like Rall will use in the future. It should not, even in the slightest way, be mentioned of not acting when we are needed.

Let's not stoop to his level.

After emailing all the rags that were previously posted by E-Lt. none of them responded back. Apparently, we had some impact it's just to bad that it obivously wasn't enough. So time for the blanket email to everyone and eliminate this individual's attention for the spotlight. Only one problem with sending him to the un-employment line is then we have to support this low life.

Keep posting the rags that continue to print his crap and I will conitnue to email them.

GOD Bless FDNY and ALL of the Lost Brother's and their families.

Dave
    Firefighter
    FTM, PTB, RFB
    Last edited by FF.1205; 03-15-2002 at 04:59 PM.

You got it Bones,

But since Rall lives in NYC, his home is safe from the ravages of fire. Most wouldn't even know he lived there, not that it would matter.
    Of course once his home and family were safe, then during the overhaul I would love to find some of the sketches of his latest works about us and hand them to him myself. Saying something like, "I don't like what you do but it's my job to protect it and you."

Then of course we could go back in and coverup the windows, seal the roof and see that no further damage was caused.

Yeah, that would feel good.

MembersZone Subscriber

Can anybody find a link that shows the cartoon a little bigger so I can read it?
    Bryan Beall
    Silver City, Oklahoma USA

hey, i was just making a reference about how he portrays firefighters and thier widows as wanting money, and then they're not there when he needs them, his comments have came around to him. what goes around, comes around. if u dont like what i got to say, then dont read it. its an OPINION, doesnt mean its right, doesnt mean its wrong, but if u dont like it, THEN DONT READ IT! seems some people dont recognize sarcasm anymore...........
    Last edited by WFDjr1; 03-15-2002 at 09:53 PM.
    These are my opinions, not those of my career department, my volunteer company, or my affiliates. And by the way, I'm not a Junior.

Buy me a drink, sing me a song, take me as I come 'cause I can't stay long.

Johnny Greene: 2/3/45-5/2/04
    Forever in our hearts

WFD jr,

Settle down camper. Most of us just know in our heart we would never turn our back when we're needed. When you post in a public forum your words are there for all to see.

Unfortunatly, some people think the views of one are representitive of all and will use your words to label us all. Bones' response was only saying what I said above. We will fight your fire and protect your life and property, wether we like you or not. It comes with the helmet. In 5 or 10 years you'll feel the same way and probably kick some new kid in the butt for suggesting we do nothing.

well it aint my fault, i retaliated with what i thought was necessary, with my opinion, 100% the way i see it, and 100% unchanged, because whats the use of changing something just so somebody else likes it? its just the way i am, ive got a short fuse. BTW, in 5 years, ill barely be 21.............
    These are my opinions, not those of my career department, my volunteer company, or my affiliates. And by the way, I'm not a Junior.

Forever in our hearts

BTW, in 5 years, ill barely be 21
    That explains a lot son. And those very words are what will keep all of us from being labeled by your opinions. So thanks for saying them.

Exclamation

Hey, just because I'm young, doesn't mean that I'm dumb or anything like that. I'm actually very smart. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot I don't know, and a lot that I never will know. Haven't you heard the saying "To be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid"? Has it ever occurred to any of you that maybe, just maybe, if you'd listen to a "youngun", as we're called around here where I'm from, every once in a while, you would see things from our point of view? I'm not trying to be hateful or anything, but just think about it. Therefore, before you go off saying, "All people under so-and-so age are dumb (im not saying you said that)" Why don't you see it from our point of view first. Yeah, you were my age once, and you probably are thinking right now, "Yeah, whats your point?" Well my point is, times change, people change, and before you go off using age as a way to label someone, remember this, many of us younguns are at the point of our life where we are deciding what we want to do with ourselves. Now I could easily say, "Oh, firefighters are biased on age because of this one guy's comment, I don't want to be one of them!" But do I do that? No! Because I've been around long enough to know better.
    Just my 2 cents... Not like they really matter...

Forever in our hearts

Forum Member

"Yeah, you were my age once, and you probably are thinking right now, "Yeah, whats your point?" Well my point is, times change, people change, and before you go off using age as a way to label someone...."

**sigh**....funny, I do believe those same words came out of my mouth 20 or so years ago......

See, my point exactly. When somebody tries to be serious, they get sarcasm in return. As far as I am concerned, I am through with this thread. And seriously doubtful about other things...

Forever in our hearts

Forum Member

NCRSQ751, here is the info that I could come up with for gear magazine. I have never seen a copy of the publication and I could not get the web page to open.

Guccione Media LLC
    Naomi Middelmann
    450 West 15th St. 5th Fl.
    New York, NY 10011
    Phone: (212) 771 7002
    Fax..: (212) 627 3168
    Email: jbell@digitalconvergence.com

In the post before when others were talking about this guy I posted his home address and I think his home phone number. What these news papers are doing by printing the cartoons is getting us to buy there news papers, and going to there web pages, but one way you can hurt them is contact the people and companys who advertise in the publications that run his stuff, that will hurt the news papers and magazine because that is how they print the publications.
    And with all of us going to look at it, it only makes the count go up on the web page counter.

If a firefighter contacts one news paper in there town, and lets them know how they stand I think they will get the message.

*joke*
    Or next time a fire inspection comes up for a magazine or for a news paper, well lets just hope they dont get too many fine's that it closes the offices down.

Stay Safe,

Hey,
    Ease up on the kid. He was making a joke. It wasn't a funny one, but they can't ALL be home runs, right JR? Heheh...anyway, why doesn't someone draw up a nice cartton about how Ted Rall's mom has been wondering what he's been doing with his life for the last 10 years, or how he uses his artistry to supplment his first income, Master of Ceremonies at a hot gay Strip Club.

When I saw the first cartoon, I just thought it was a "JR"-style swing and a miss, but now it's obvious he's trying to push an issue. FD widows, and FD in general just isn't FUNNY right now. Someday, you will be able to crack those jokes just like you can crack a joke about the Titanic, but until then, FD jokes are as funny as cancer. So, Captain Cockbag, Ted Rall, maybe you should take your jokes to the Middle East, so you can have a hearty laugh on the FDNY while you set aflame your 4th gasoline soaked American flag of the day. Dick.

Forum Member

WFDjr1, I was not being sarcastic. I was making the point that all of us, each and every single one of us on this thread was making the exact same plea at 16, 17, 18, 19 whatever age.
    It's kind of like all those things your parents say and do to you that you swear you will never say/do to your kids........think again!!!!

Not only is this jerk Rall attacking firefighters, he has also chosen to attack the military now. He did a cartoon essentially making fun of the latest round of helo crashes that occured, and did a cartoon regarding soldiers over in Afghanistan right now.

Being a firefighter, I found the cartoons regarding the widows and FDNY despicable, and being the wife of an active-duty service member with 14 yrs in, ready to be deployed at any moment with a fleet hospital, I do not find the military jabs amusing at all. My husband and other men and women of the armed forces are out there fighting for justice for our fallen brothers in NYC,the military members they lost in DC and the civilians that tragically lost their lives.

This Rall jerk is really taking advantage of his right to free speech and hes ****ing off the wrong people!

Lady.
    Last edited by lady_in_turnouts; 03-16-2002 at 05:12 PM.
    "Let every nation know..that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty"---JFK, Jan.1961

Thread Information