FIREMAN 1st GRADE

Default Does your beer company care?

This was passed on to me by someone. I don't know how true it is but it's a good story...

Budweiser incident (not a joke!) - How Budweiser handled those who laughed at those who died on the 11th of September, 2001...

Thought you might like to know what happened in a little town north of Bakersfield, California. After you finish reading this, please forward this story on to others so that our nation and people around the world will know about those who laughed when they found out about the tragic events in New York, Pennsylvania, and the Pentagon.

On September 11th, a Budweiser employee was making a delivery to a convenience store in a California town named McFarland. He knew of the tragedy that had occurred in New York when he entered the business to find the two Arabs, who owned the business, whooping and hollering to show their approval and support of this treacherous attack. Budweiser employee went to his truck, called his boss and told him of the very upsetting event!

He didn't feel he could be in that store with those horrible people. His boss asked him, "Do you think you could go in there long enough to pull every Budweiser product and item our beverage company sells there? We'll never deliver to them again."

The employee walked in, proceeded to pull every single product his beverage company provided and left with an incredible grin on his face. He told them never to bother to call for a delivery again. Budweiser happens to be the beer of choice for that community. Just letting you know how Kern County handled this situation!!

And now the rest of the story: It seems that the Bud driver and the Pepsi man are neighbors. Bud called Pepsi and told him. Pepsi called his boss who told him to pull all Pepsi products as well!! That would include Frito Lay, etc. Furthermore, word spread and all vendors followed suit!

At last report, the store was closed indefinitely. Good old American Passive-Aggressive Butt Whoopin'! Pass this along. America needs to know that we're all working together.
    ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

As much as I wish this story was true(NOT promoting racism, but only actions of those who rejoiced in 9-11), it is an urban legend

It can be found on http://www.snopes.com

Lady.
    Last edited by lady_in_turnouts; 03-15-2002 at 05:42 PM.
    "Let every nation know..that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty"---JFK, Jan.1961

MembersZone Subscriber

Could this work on Ted Rall?

Forum Member

ENGLT,Would we be talking the passive part or the Whoopin' part? The whoopin' seems to have a something about it.VBG T.C.

Forum Member

Default The lady is correct

This is nothing more than a myth.

www.urbanlegends.com
    or
    www.snoops.com

Heard the same story only "National Liquidators" were the perpetrators of the joking. I know here these particular people wouldn't even begin to understand the Media Report?

"All gave some...Some gave all!"
    9/11/01 Lest we forget!
    FDNYRR

Maybe an urban legend, but it's still cool.
    Spec. Krista M. Aukeman, United States Army

Some day, in years to come, you will be wrestling with the great temptation, or trembling under the great sorrow of your life. But the real struggle is here, now, in these quiet weeks. Now it is being decided whether, in the day of your supreme sorrow or temptation, you shall miserably fail or gloriously conquer. Character cannot be made except by a steady, long continued process.
    - Phillips Brooks

iceman4442
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

I'm with Rescue 101 on Ted Rall - definitely needs the whoopin' part!

FTM PTB

Stay safe!

(Maybe we could turn it into a fundraiser for FDNY - I dunno, maybe a raffle to benefit those left behind with some decent prizes? First prize would, of course, have to be some time alone for the winner with Mr. Rall?! Send me a few books - I'll sell 'em!)

Just my opinion!

Thread Information