bke

Unhappy Roswell, NM Shooting AMREMS & RFD

My condolences to the families of Paramedic Steve Lavato and the civilian who were killed in a shooting at the scene of a house fire in Roswell early Saturday.
    My prayers are with them and Chief Louis Jones and his family. Also, a full recovery to the child who was wounded.

Speedy recovery Chief........

Brian Everett
    Last edited by bke; 05-06-2002 at 04:23 PM.

Angry

Well Said Bke my prayers go to those involved in this incident. Also my condolences to those families that lost loved ones and we will pray that the 4 year old and Chief Jones recover fully.

Default lodd

i just woul;d like to let you all know that all of the fallen men and women are in my thought and prayers for the rest of my life i know from a personal tragic experiance the loss of a ff in the line of duty
    ERIC "HAWKEYE" JOHNSON

My condolences go out to the family and friends of Steve Lavato. His death was tragic. It is hard to lose an EMS brother in the line of duty. He may be gone from the earth but he is now a gaurdian angel watching down over his loved ones.

My thoughts and prayers are also with the families of the fire chief as well as the boy that was shot.

Steve, you will always remain in our thoughts and hearts. God Bless.
    Alisa Tappana, NREMT-B/CNA

All the views, comments, etc expressed herein are mine and not those of my training program or my employer.

"You can't make footprints in the sands of time if you're sitting on your butt. And who wants to make buttprints in the sands of time?"
    -Bob Mowad

Unhappy

On Behalf of Austin/Travis County EMS Our thoughts and Prayers go out to the Family of Steve Lovato and his coworkers at AMR

our thoughts and prayers are also with the families of the fire chief as well as the boy that was shot.

Curtis Young Paramedic

Forum Member

Unhappy

Hello,

My sincere condolences to the family of S. Louis Jones, Fire Chief, Roswell, NM.

Louis was a classmate of mine at the National Fire Academy in 1992 in the course Financial Management For The Fire Services. After that course we crossed paths again at the NFA but in different courses and at several national shows such as FDIC. As life gets busy we never really corresponded but we had that common bond that glues the fire service together and is strengthened by spending a short two weeks together in the same class at the NFA.

Louis as he prefferred to be called was a big man with a very deep voice. His physical stature would make most do a double take but he was quiet and shy to new people he met. He could beleive he never threw he weight around and was a kind man.

I did not know he became Fire Chief. He certainly was prepared with his "academy experiences".

As any public safet servant, He did not deserve to die while trying to help his fellow man.

Chief Louis-

"May the Lord raise you up on eagles wings, bear you on the breath of dawn and make you to shine like the sun, and hold you in the palm of His hand...............
    PEACE................

Ted J. Pagels, Fire Chief, Ret.
    firepros@aol.com
    Ted J. Pagels, Retired Fire Chief
    Green Bay WI Area

bke

Default My Condolences.......

To the family of Chief Jones, my sincere condolences.

Rest in peace Chief.........

Brian Everett
    Last edited by bke; 05-06-2002 at 04:25 PM.

K99

Unhappy

My prayers to the famlies of all involved, god bless you

On behalf of the FLINT HILL FIRE DEPT. We send our prayers and condolences to the family of our brother CHIEF JONES. May god wrap his arms of protection around each of you in this time of need.
    CHAPLAIN MICHAEL F. DAVIS

Prairie du Sac, WI (hometown) -- Milwaukee, WI while attending college

The Lavato and Jones families are in my thoughts and prayers. May God be with you.

FF Bob Koch
    Prairie du Sac Fire
    Prairie du Sac, Wisconsin

Default Chief Louis Jones

On behalf of the Lubbock Fire Department I would like to express our condolences to Chief Jones' family and the members of the Roswell Fire Department. May the love of God embrace and protect you, C, M, and C. God is our refuge and strength! Psalm 46.
    Rhea Cooper
    Deputy Chief of Operations
    Lubbock Fire Department

Default Roswell Deaths

I wish to pass on my condolences to all that have been touched by this tragedy.

Guy Dover,
    Senior Firefighter
    New South Wales Fire Brigades
    Australia.

Unhappy

I want to wish the family of Steve Lavato my deepest sympathy. Also, I wish Chief Jones and the others injured, a speedy, successful recovery.
    It is a sorry state of affairs when emergency EMS and Fire service personnel continue to be sitting ducks out there in the field.
    This incident is a good example of the dangers of being employed in these noble professions.
    God speed to you all.
    Captain-Mark L. Gundert
    National City Firefighters
    Local 2744

Thread Information