Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FDNY Question

MembersZone Subscriber asaffell's Avatar

Default FDNY Question

I have a question for the FDNY Brothers. I saw a while back in a forum I can't find now that a FDNY Brother said his station was NOT recommending/endorsing the new book by Dennis Smith "Report from Ground Zero". I was just wondering why.
    I want to support our Brothers in NY. If someone can tell me what is going on (why this particular station or the FDNY don't like it) I'd appreciate it.
    If they think what he is doing is wrong/bad I want to support them.

Let me know.

Prayers from Texas continue for our Brothers in the FDNY.
    Saffell
    1 Corinthians 1:18
    For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Let me phrase this carefully

Very soon a book will be released, authored by Phil Burns, the Commander of Division 11 in Brooklyn. 100% of the proceeds will go to the families of our fallen. I will, no doubt buy a few.

Many books will be written. Some for historic value, some to raise relief funds and some for profit. I am one person who will not purchase material who's profits go to the makers. That's only my stand though.

I have been looking for the "portion of, or benefiting" statement as it relates to tomorrows release and have yet to find it. If someone knows about proceeds benefitting someone, please post it here. Until I see that, I'll wait for Chief Burns' book.

MembersZone Subscriber asaffell's Avatar

Thanks "E ngine Lt". This was the info I was looking for.
    Can you give me info on Chief Burns' book release? THIS is the type of thing that I'll purchase.
    Saffell
    1 Corinthians 1:18
    For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

He tells me it should be out sometime this month.

Thread Information