FIGJAM

Talking The Battery Is Still Connected!

I was disappointed to arrive at this scene a little while back, only to discover that the battery had not been disconnected.

When I asked for a member from our rescue crew to go and do it, they wouldn't!!!!!

When I asked the fire brigade to do it as part of their hazard control, they wouldn't either!!!!!

Point of interest, the driver climbed out of the car with no assistance and with only minor injuries before the emergency services arrived....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Luke

I am like the response to your other pictures, bet I know what was the cause of this accident... Steering wheel on the wrong side again

Can't say I would blame the guys for not disconnecting the battery

Forum Member

Lightbulb

Was this a DUI? God usually looks out for drunks and idiots. Guy's REALLY lucky he didn't end up looking something resembling an overcooked french fry. What's the voltage on those primaries, anyway? Maybe the headlights would be glowing even WITHOUT the battery! We had a DUI shear a pole in a dump truck, brought the 23,000 volt lines down on top of it, and was trying to exit the vehicle. Everybody was screaming at him to stay put; the cops were only half-joking that they should shoot him, as it would likely be a more pleasant death than becoming the path to ground. In any event, that's an awesome picture!
    R.A. Ricciuti
    Mt. Lebanon Fire Department

FIGJAM

I beleive the lines closest to the top of the pole are 22,000 volts and the next ones down are around 240 volt...
    Luke

Forum Member

I sure hope this is a sarcastic post.... looks like a job for the power company to me.
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

Forum Member

Default Zappppppp!!!!!!!

Heck I would take battery cables over that sparking spaghetti anyday, too bad you can't get to them.

Isn't it amazing that a victim can crawl through that hazard with no ill effects yet if one of the rescuers all but looks at it wrong we would get zapped? Doesn't seem fair does it!

Stay safe!

Forum Member

mmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm.........I smell BACON!

Thread Information