FIGJAM

Exclamation No Extrication Needed...

I thought I'd share this photos with a few of you....

This car is a Datsun 120Y and lost control at high speed and struck trees on the side of a highway.

We arrived to find the car as you see it below. The occupant was still strapped in to the seat. Minor injuries only.

We performed no extrication....

It's amazing what can happen to a car and what does and doesn't happen to the occupants in accidents!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Luke

FIGJAM

Same accident, different perspective...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Luke

Forum Member

Ouch, looks like the driver should have gone an purchased a lotto ticket after they let him out of the hospital.

Unfortunately, I do not have any photos of it, but four months ago we had a car lose control and go off the road... the only problem was that the driver failed to connect with the concrete barrier and rolled down the side of the mountain... best we can figure the vehicle came to a stop about 350 down... the driver, undid his seatbelt and climbed back up and waved down another vehicle for help... when we got there I asked a bystander if he knew how many people might be in the vehicle, he said yes, just the driver and point to this guy just sitting there on the barrier... It took the wrecker 3 hours to pull it up.

Anyway, I guess my point is that ya, it is amazing what can happen to a vehicle and the occupants still walk away. However, it goes the other way... I have been to MVAs involving vehicles with little or no damage and occupants look like they have been through the meat grinder.
    "No one ever called the Fire Department for doing something smart..."

Thread Information