Angry Magazine Sub Question

HEY WEBTEAM... Since you are part of FIREHOUSE MAGAZINE MAYBE YOU CAN EXPLAIN TO ME WHY AFTER 3 MONTHS I STILL DO NOT HAVE ONE ISSUE OF FIREHOUSE MAGAZINE WHEN I WAS GIVEN THE GIFT SUBSCRIPTION AT CHRISTMAS!!!! I AM NOT HAPPY

SHOW ME YOU ALL CAN GET ME A QUICK ANSWER PLEASE!!!
    Adam Spencer
    Cadet Firefighter/First Responder
    Nixa Fire District
    Nixa MO 65714

Say it ain't so. I just subscribed by phone last week and my C.C has already been charged. Now in today's mail I recieve an offering to subscribe and that if I want the special FDNY issue I must ACT NOW... Is this just a coincidence or is something totally amiss here? Plus why can't you get the $2.00 savings over the phone that is offered to online subscribers? Some of us just don't trust putting C.C. info on the internet. So, why are we punished for that? Am I confused or just paranoid?

Temporarily/No Longer Active

I've been a subscriber for over 15 years....I'm sure I'm like most when I say that I never know when a subscription is to expire. In yesterdays mail, I too received the savings voucher for a subscription. It had me wondering if mine was about to expire. A prompt call to the toll free customer service line answered my question, and I am subscribed until April, 2003.

I would suggest that you telephone the customer service line to find out....1-800-825-8577

As to why they sent that invitation to subscribe out to folks already subscribed....I have no idea.

Good Luck.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Maryland (but always a Long Islander first)

Question

Firehouse.com is based in College Park MD and Firehouse Magazine, run by Cygnus, is somewhere else in the country (was and may still be on Long Island) and their subscription people are somewhere else out West I believe.....I've been a subscriber for 7 plus years and have never had a problem (though I wish the mag would come out before the month starts not half way through).....I get the silly reminders, once in a while, too. Re. expirations, all you have to do is look on your address label and you can see when your sub expires.

Call customer service, don't complain on the message board. Firehouse.com can't do anything about it!!

Since it was a gift subscription, did the giver have the correct mailing information? For all you know, it could be going to someone else or the zip code may be a digit off and it's being sent back.
    Last edited by DianeC; 03-19-2002 at 10:37 AM.
    "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there."
    -- Jim Henson (1936 - 1990)

Temporarily/No Longer Active

Diane....THANK YOU

For 15 years I've walked around aimlessly wondering when my subscription expired, only to have it right in front of me!
    DOH!

Administrator

Please e-mail subscribe@firehouse.com for questions related to your subscription or call 1-800-825-8577.

Also, the Internet savings is because you are ordering online, and removing significant overhead from the subscription process, thus the discount. Subscribing online with a credit card is totally safe as all transactions are secure.

In order to receive the April issue you'd have to subscribe by March 31, and additional single issue copies may be available online sometime in April.

Billy, you receiving the mail about subscribing wouldn't have much correlation to the phone order. They would not have been able to stop the letter to you about subscribing in that short of time frame. The notice you received was likely mailed before you called to subscribe.

Links to subscriptions questions are at the bottom of every page on the site. And please....don't use all caps in the forums

Thanks
    WebTeam

Do people who have current subscriptions get the FDNY issue? or is it just a bonus for new subscribers?

steve

Administrator

The Special 9-11 issue is the April issue.

WebTeam

MembersZone Subscriber

Billy Mott...

I understand your caution in ordering on the net, but believe its as safe as any other way.

The secure sites will have an icon (usually a locked lock) to show you that you are in the secure area. Sure, something could happen but it would be rare.

As a reality check...when you call on the phone the person you are talking to could just as easily copy it down for themselves without any trouble. When you eat out and then charge the dinner at the end...same thing could happen. A store clerk can keep a copy of the sale slip, too. Its not fun to think about. don't let the fear of net payment scare you from taking advantage of the easy and savings. Honestly, it would take more effort to steal your # off the net than you just paying for some beer at the pub.

I was "reborn" years ago, and now do business all the time on the net. No problems....just double check those statements. HA!

Good Luck.
    " The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." - Samuel Johnson

Thread Information