Thread: Hero's today

Question Hero's today

Fire Fighter were looked at as hero's after the attack on 9-11. In the days and months since, some are complaining that the general public no longer "look at us as heros." Some Fire personnel have used this "hero worship" to their advantage. Just recently a Professional Fire Capt. informed me that the City will have to give them a hefty wage increase because the Public is behind the as a result of 9-11.
    On the other hand, when it was mentioned that a local Church group would like to honor some of the local Fire Fighters, this same Capt. said, "I am tired of attending these stupid things, when is it going to end?" Bottom line - What the FDNY did on 9-11 is what we are trained to do, regardless of the risks. Members of our profession have been doing this for over a hundred years, and will be doing this for the next hundred years. Let's pay respect for all LODD's, but let's start putting this in the proper perspective.

Default No room at the Inn

Let's hope that no one is available when the time comes for that person. I cannot call him a hero, as no Fire Fighter that I know would make a comment like that.
    bd a'avino

Thank you to all of you the public that has supported the FDNY Brotherís and Sisterís with your support and contributions itís obvious you do care and please donít stop. Itís not over. But rather then all of the thank you and honking horns, that should be reserved for FDNY and ALL of the lost Brotherís / Firefighterís. I ask instead that you please contribute to the Uniform Firefighterís Association ( FDNY) and any other of the organizations posted here by the FDNY Firefighterís.
    Understand I am just a Firefighter just as I was before 9-11-01 and will be as long as God willing and that I would trade all of the accolades in a minute to have them back!!!!!!!
    Thanks again for your support from a Firefighter.

GOD Bless FDNY and ALL of the lost Brotherís and their families.

Dave
    Firefighter
    FTM, PTB, RFB

Default Survivors

We have just transferred approximatley 6 million pounds from the British Fire Fighters and general public, I transferred that last quarter of a million two weeks ago.

We are now in the process of setting up an International Fire Fighters Day on the 8th September so that all Fire Fighters around the world can be recognised for the work they do. But we also care about the surviving firefighters and their families of 11 September. If you have a moment please look at our web site in the U.K. www.fsnbf.org.uk and you will see what we do to help our firefighters, their families, widows & orphans, disabled and less abled. They are taken care of until the day they die.

Barbs
    bd a'avino

Thread Information