Default In Memory Of Matthew E.Barnes.. Ladder 25 F.D.N.Y.

To the world you may be one person but to us you were the world. LADDER 25 F.D.N.Y MATTHEW E.BARNES 12-10-63___9-11-01. So sadly missed by all. Luv aunt Patti
    Last edited by seetheraven; 03-23-2002 at 02:13 PM.

Default So sorry

I am so sorry for your loss. We the people of the World cannot really imagine the pain you are suffering and are left feeling pretty helpless.

God bless.

Barbs
    bd a'avino

Default Thank You

Thank you so much for your kindness...

MembersZone Subscriber

As a member of the fire service I reach out and offer my condelences of your loss of one of my brothers in arms. My thoughts and prayers go out to you as you remember your loved one and even thought they pain you from time to time, may your memories last forever and a day so that while he may no longer be with you or us of his extended family here on earth,he will look down upon you from his new station assignment with the greatest chief of all and know that you remember the best of times that was had and that he still walks with you in all of oyur endevors. I lost some friends that i had made online through a FF's chat site, and a good friend of mine lost his uncle, Chief Ray Downey. We both have a sensation of the pain that you feel, and void that it leaves.
    These posts and replys are of my own personal beliefs and in no such way reflect the vies of any agency that I work or vollunteer for.

Jason A. Myer
    GS-05/6 Firefighter/EMTB
    USDA Forest Service
    Plumas NF

Default Thank You!!

Thank you so much for your kindness, I still cant grasp all of this heart ach, There were so many brave heros..So many women left with no husbands..so many children left with no fathers. This truly is a heart break and so many people have the same pain have the same lose.There are alot more guardian angels watching over all of us,they truly walk every step with us. Thank You and God Bless

Sr. Information Officer

I ONLY WANTED YOU

They say memories are golden
    well maybe that is true.
    I never wanted memories,
    I only wanted you.

A million times I needed you,
    a million times I cried.
    If love alone could have saved you
    you never would have died.

In life I loved you dearly,
    In death I love you still.
    In my heart you hold a place
    no one could ever fill.

If tears could build a stairway
    and heartache make a lane,
    I'd walk the path to heaven
    and bring you back again.

Our family chain is broken,
    and nothing seems the same.
    But as God calls us one by one,
    the chain will link again.

Author unknown

God bless all those touched by the tragedies of 9/11!

My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Default Thank You!!

Thank You and may God Bless ...PD McGrath

Default Mathew & his brothers

First of all I am a Mum and I cannot imagine in a million years the pain that Mathews Mum, Dad and family feel, there are no words that I can say that will take away the pain of losing a loved one on that horrendous day. I work from home as the National Fundraiser for the Fire Services National Benevolent fund and received a phone call to tell me to look at the News Bulletin. I watched the whole thing unfold in front of my eyes, but like most people could not believe what I was seeing. When I realised what was happening, that this was not an accident by Air Traffic Control, selfishly but as a Mum I started to panic because my daughter was working next to the American Embassy in London. We did'nt know where they would hit next. Great Britain will be there everytime to support America and I was so afraid that I was going to lose my child. I have never told anyone that.

As a National Fundraiser my phone lines were inundated with calls from Fire Fighters and the general public all over Great Britain asking what they could do to help. We set up a fund the following day as we did not know what else to do, we felt totally helpless. However, I could not find an account that was giving direct funding to the families and ended up with a list of 19 bank accounts. It was then decided that I should go to New York with one of my fire fighters Bob McTague (Chelsea) to asertain which fund this money should be paid into.

My visit to New York was against my families wishes and if I am honest and I have never told anyone this, I was scared, but I wanted to ensure that the monies that had been raised here in Great Britain went directly to the families and not sit in bank accounts for years to come. What happened next will still remain with me for the rest of my life.

We were invited to Ground Zero with Mayor Guiliani which we were not prepared for and had not expected. I cannot explain how I felt after my visit, I still feel numb and cannot to put it into words. We then visited many Fire Houses and our time with Hazmat 1 Squadd 288 has made a big impact on my life but a determination to make life better for those who survived 9/11. It has left me with a feeling of great sadness and guilt for intruding on their personal grief. I will never forget the day at Squadd 288 when they all stood in a circle to accept a "hammer" a gesture which was inscribed and presented to them. They were all so dignified and showed their gratitute, but I saw their tears. I don't think they realised because they were suffering so terribly at the loss of their friends, but I did and I will carry that memory with me for the rest of my life. they cooked us lunch and insisted that we stay. They will be mine and Bob's friends for life.

I agreed to go to New York to ensure the funds went to the families and Squadd 288 has fulfilled that promise on behalf of our fire fighters and the general public in London and many parts of Great Britain. Phil McArdle and Rob Crowe have been a tower of support for us here in Great Britain and if I could commend them and they would accept it, I would.

I did however go for another reason. I was concerned about the surviving Fire Fighters and their familes. We have a wonderful Benevolent Fund in Great Britain because America and Canada stepped up to the plate and sent funds for our Widow and Orphans following the Second World War. Some of this money was used to start our fund which today assists injured fire fighters, widows/orphans, disabled, less able and retired members. We also have two wonderful convalencence centres, one of which is set in 300 acres of land, a state of the art therapy centre, plus sheltered housing for our widows/widowers. We owe it to America to let you see what we did to with the funds so that you may look and maybe adapt somehting similar for yourselves.

Please when and if you feel like it take a look at our website which is www.fsnbf-group5.org.uk

I would if it would help be more than willing to make that journey again to show you what we have and advise you how to achieve setting up a similar fund.

Nothing will never take away the pain and I do understand that, but maybe we can together ensure that their memory is NEVER forgotten.

Lots of love and God Bless

Barbs
    bd a'avino

Default Thank You So Much!!

I was so touched by your letter and your kindness it goes beyond words.There has been so much going on it is hard to express and put in writing.All I can say is your conpassion and kindness is a gift to my family and to my country.....God Bless and thank you again.

Thread Information