Forum Member

Smack dab in the middle of Central Illinois

Default What are departments applying for?

Just curious what some departments have applied for? We are applying for extrication equipment, portable radios, and a new training curriculum. Never know if we will get it, but keeping our fingers crossed!!!!!

How about you...

MembersZone Subscriber

Post FEMA Grants

My fire district is hoping for funds to further upgrade our SCBAs - carbon air bottles, new back assemblies and integrated PASS alarms. Leather firefighting boots also requested, but they are a low priority.

Forum Member

I'm not on the committee that's doing the background and I haven't spoken to the person who's actually writing the grant, but I believe we have requested new turnout gear for all of our active members. Keeping my fingers crossed, hope it goes through. Stay safe.
    Jonathan Martin
    martinj@wpi.edu
    WPI Mechanical Engineering
    "Be safe, use smoke detectors...be safer, sleep with a firefighter..."

MembersZone Subscriber

We are asking for money for a refurbished ladder truck. Ours is a 1971 that came to us refurbished from New York, so, it has been through its share of responses. We are working in to the grant that it will be our RIT response apparatus with RIT equipment on it. Our RIT response to mutual aid fires and we have one department that response with a RIT for us. Right now, we leave our community with our Rescue Truck - taking with us our Hurst tools, air bags, breathing air cascade, cribbing, etc... Not much left in the community for a good car accident... Anyway, crossing our fingers too. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Smile

Our department is applying for 22 new sets of complete turn-out gear, 17 for the active firefighters and 5 spare sets for any new members we may get! Our most recent gear date is Pre-1988. I'd say we are in need! Crossing our fingers on this end!

We are going for a new pumper. This truck will be under 200,000, so we are hopeful. Are pumpers are both over 33 years old.
    Stay Safe/Stay Low Go 8 Car Go

Thumbs up

Lookin' for a brush truck...came in at $98K equipped with forestry gear and medical equipment.

We shall see...
    Stay Safe.
    You asked for my opinion, now you have it. Any similarity to another opinion, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Who built the brush truck? Let me know some details, because that is my next project. Thanks
    Stay Safe/Stay Low Go 8 Car Go

MembersZone Subscriber

Complete sets of structure gear for everybody.

Couldn't tell you how old our newest set is right now, but it was donated used over five years ago...
    Bryan Beall
    Silver City, Oklahoma USA

Default What Are Departments applying for?

We applied for a new pumper tanker. 1250 gpm with 1200 gal. tank. Center mount operator's platform with mounted deck gun. It would replace a 22 year old ALF pumper.

MembersZone Subscriber

We applied for new BA's. Keeping our fingers crossed that we'll be able to make the upgrade before we kill someone with our Ultralite II's and steel bottles.

New Rescue Pumper/Tanker here. We're looking to replace our only pumper, a 1963 ALF/IH. In addition, we're hopeing that by putting rescue & BLS medical gear onboard, we'll have a better chance at a grant due to the fact we're also adding to the services we provide to the community. We're crossing anything that can be crossed that we get this, the electrical system in our ALF is all but shot.
    Greg Smith
    Assistant Chief
    Gakona Vol. Fire Dept.
    Gakona, Alaska

Forum Member

My dept is applying for 12 setsStructural Turnout Gear and 12 sets of wildland gear. We are also applying for 4SCBA's and 8 more Masks so everyone will have their own face piece.

MembersZone Subscriber

Applying for 2 TIC's and 12 BA's with spare Bottle.
    Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
    Stephen
    FF/Paramedic
    Instructor

We are applying for a new pumper. Our only pumper is a 1974 American Lafrance that needs about $9,000 worth of maintainence. Every firefighter in our dept. is crossing their fingers.
    Fire Fighter-EMT/Eagle Mountain Fire Dept.

IACOJ Agitator

1 SCBA compressor
    30 SCBA masks for personal issue
    4 SCBA's with spare bottles
    1 smoke machine

Forum Member

Thumbs up

1 air compressor with cascade system
    10 refurbished SCBA with spare bottles
    10 complete sets of PPE with Automated PASS devices
    1 remote controlled wildland monitor to finish a block grant project from last year, installed on a first response unit.

Success would be a tremendous impact for years to come in training, health, and firefighter enthusiasm!!! Praying.

Stay safe brothers

iceman4442
    Firehouse.com Guest

Applying for SCBA's - like ffemtmjb, hoping to replace 401's & Ultralights before one malfunctions at a worker instead of training!

Good luck to all, and Stay safe!

We applied for a 2500 gallon pumper/tanker

Forum Member

We're applying for 8 SCBA's to replace old steel tanks. New ones would get the whole department into the same type, so no more fumbling to remember how to hook up the low pressure systems for the guys who usually have the high pressure, and vice versa. Plus the new ones would be 45 minute bottles instead of 30, and a HUGE weight difference! Good luck to everyone!

Forum Member

25 New Scott 5.0 packs and 25 spare 45 min cylinders.
    7 60 minute cylinders for exclusive use by our RIT members.
    In house 4 bottle high pressure cascade system. The one on our truck is low pressure so it won't work if we get new packs.
    We answered yes to the RIT questions, the integrated PASS devices and the use by other companies so we feel good about our chances.

Good luck to everyone that applied.
    Steve Dragon
    FFII, Fire Instructor II, Fire Officer I, Fire Appartus Driver Operator Certified
    Volunteers are never "off duty".
    http://www.bufd7.org

We applied for monies for a thermal imaging camera. Currently we have to depend on neighboring departments at least 10 miles away for R.I.T teams

Smile

We applied for 25 new sets of turn out gear, including all new boots, gloves, hoods, helmets, pants, and coats. Tired of piecing gear together all the time. Keeping our fingers crossed, and good luck to all.
    Chief Of Station 21
    Bell Acres, Pa.

Default It's PPE for me!

Hoping we beat the odds and make the cut, we are asking for 25 sets of bunker gear 4SCBA with integrated pass and spare bottles and 25 sets of wild land gear. Way to much of my bunker gear says 1982 on it hope to improve in the PPE dept. Good luck to everyone!
    The Chief

Applying for new buckets, some of those fancy galvanized ones and a new horse to pull the pumper!

Thread Information