Temporarily/No Longer Active
    Pittsville Volunteer Fire EMS Rescue Department, Inc. Pittsville MD "Pittsville Pride"

Default They are going to build Three WTC Towers?

This isn't really fire related but I heard that in NY that there were going to build 3 WTC towers to show you knocked 2 we will put up three! What do you think of this and have any of you other guys/ladies heard this? Let me know please.
    Last edited by Station7Cadet; 03-25-2002 at 07:30 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

It's absolutely true. It is part of a major infrastructure program introduced yesterday by Mayor Bloomberg. the program also calls for:

1. Increasing the size of Yankee Stadium to accomodate 112,000 people. After all, if 56,000 could go to a ballgame before 9/11, than by God we'll put twice as many people in there.

2. Reconfiguring Madison Square Garden from a round building to a truly "square" building.

3. Levelling the Boro of Queens and turning it into Six Flags Over the Big Apple.

4. Selling the George Washington Bridge, Brooklyn Bridge and the Holland Tunnel. Bidders are asked to contact the Mayor's Office direct.

Good Luck.

IACOJ Agitator

3. Levelling the Boro of Queens and turning it into Six Flags Over the Big Apple.
    Great...now I am gonna have to organize a march on City Hall to protect Shea Stadium!

MembersZone Subscriber

No you don't. I forgot to mention 200,000 seat stadium he will be building near the Javitts Center. This will be a multi-sport venue that will not only host baseball/football/basketball/hockey (at the same time), it will also serve as the venue for the World Full Contact Chess Championships in 2005.

MembersZone Subscriber

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Adze
    [B]

Great...now I am gonna have to organize a march on City Hall to protect Shea Stadium!

Nah, not to worry Adze, I just got word from a very important insider at city hall that the city is going to level most of Brooklyn starting at the east river. Then they are going to combine the Mets and the Yankees into one team called the "NY Metskees", and build the stadium on whats left of Brooklyn. Plans call for a seating capacity of 6 million. It's true!! Really!!!

Forum Member

I vote for 5 towers in a row, with the middle tower tallest, in an attempt to mimic the appropriate salute for the b@st@rds!

IACOJ Agitator

Being a Red Sox fan (and Mets fan), I'd be MUCH happier if they levelled Yankee Stadium.

The Metskees, huh? Are they Polish? Sounds better than the "NY Yankets"

I'm just glad I don't have to march on City Hall now...saves me all the hassle of setting that up.

George, does this mean the Mayor has given up his plans to turn Staten Island into one big Sports Arena and Parking Lot?

MembersZone Subscriber

George, does this mean the Mayor has given up his plans to turn Staten Island into one big Sports Arena and Parking Lot?

Present plans call for it to become the capital of New Jersey. The name will be changed to Sopranoville.

IACOJ Agitator

So far the mayor's office has kept is pretty well hush-hush, but there are a few people "in the know". George, it has become quite obvious you are one of those people...please, for the sake of humanity, spill the beans on Bloomberg's plan for the Bronx.

And it is true I hear they are gonna incorporate the rest of Long Island into a new "New York City"? Possibly even take over more of the mainland...

Forum Member

I heard that Long Island was going to be cut loose and used has a cruise ship......They just started booking cabins on the "poop deck"

MembersZone Subscriber

As all true Yankee fans know, the Bronx is sacred ground and will be treated as such.

As far as Long Island??????????????/

IACOJ Agitator

Originally posted by George Wendt, CFI
    As all true Yankee fans know, the Bronx is sacred ground
    We Red Sox fans know it as something different...

But we won't go that route, got to keep the subject on track!

George, wasn't Bloomberg planning on doing something with Central Park? Something to the extent of paving it over...

Forum Member

I heard that Disney wants to take over the whole city for a new theme park.....

New York, New York!!!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

District Chief

We certainly are having fun with this post for sure.

In all seriousness...I know that not building some sort of revenue capturing facility back on that site will be in detriment to the city of New York's Financial base....but...I make a motion that there is a national memorial built there and nothing else.. Include memorials to Police and Fire as well as the civilians and a walk containing names of all the fallen.....similar to the walk of honor at the National Fire Academy.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by Adze

George, wasn't Bloomberg planning on doing something with Central Park? Something to the extent of paving it over...
    Isn't that the theme of a 60's folk song? "They paved paradise and put up a parking lot".??????

Why dont they just seperate and make themselves a whole new state
    Nate Breton, Vice President
    Post 333 Salem Fire Rescue

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the ability to work with fear."

Forum Member

Originally posted by George Wendt, CFI

Isn't that the theme of a 60's folk song? "They paved paradise and put up a parking lot".??????
    I thought that was Cheryl Crow.
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Firefighter
    IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Naw, it was the Cars.
    It's only my opinion. I do not speak for any group or organization I belong to or associate with or people I know - especially my employer. If you like it, we can share it, you don't have to give me credit. If you don't, we are allowed to disagree too (but be ready to be challenged, you may be on to something I'm not). That's what makes America great!

Forum Member

Default Could it be?

Will wonders never cease?? Could it be true that George actually has a sense of humour?

Only kidding, just nice to see you lighten up for a change.

As for the song.........I believe that one originally belonged to fellow Canadian Joni Mitchell .........but then I'm dating myself aren't I?

Always with the Canadians...

First it was another thread and Kim Mitchell singing that dreadful Might as well Go for a Soda now this.

I bet Jeff Lynne from ELO is really a Canadian too...
    It's only my opinion. I do not speak for any group or organization I belong to or associate with or people I know - especially my employer. If you like it, we can share it, you don't have to give me credit. If you don't, we are allowed to disagree too (but be ready to be challenged, you may be on to something I'm not). That's what makes America great!

Forum Member

Never liked him on his own, or as part of Max Webster so I'm with you on that one. As for Jeff Lynne, he is British if I'm not mistaken? Come on, you have to admit we can produce talent other than hockey players.

Yeah, ya'll were doing good (Neil Young, Guess Who, BTO a few others) right up to the point Bryan Adams decided he didn't want to be a one hit wonder and released something besides Cut's Like A Knife.

After that, **insert end of PacMan game sound here**

Somewhere Between the Backstep and the Seat of the Fire.

Talking Guess Who???

But Mongo, you forgot that wonderful musician on your side..... Bob Dylan!!! Pac Man sounds better and is more understandable!

Nice to see your humour shine through Mr. Wendt! Humour mixed with brains and spels gud too!

I agree with CapnStan on the memorial. It is important to remember what happened so it is a warning to the future. May it become a sobre and soul touching experience for the future, similar to the USS Arizona, as a tribute to all those who perished.

Stay safe.
    "They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire,

Convinced it's not living, if you stand outside the fire."

I also hear that the Rangers were moving to Hoboken and being renamed Old Blue Guys.

We'd also be glad to trade you Celine Dion straight across for Johnny Cash but we're keeping Shania Twain.

bke

Talking Over here Shania........

Shania can stay at my house anytime !!!!!!!

Seriously though, I hope that a fitting memorial is built in NYC at the WTC site. Keep flying the flag everybody, it does my heart good....
    BKE
    Proud to be an American.

"No animals were used in the posting of this thread. Two sticks of bubble gum and a hulahoop yes, animals no..."

Thread Information