Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Thread: Probie

Post Probie

Howdy!
    My name is Mikal Orr and I have just completed my three month training period, and I am now starting my probational period at Randall County Fire/Rescue in Randall County. Randall County is near Amarillo in the Texas Panhandle. I have loved all of my training and I am very excited about getting to go out on calls now. I actually got to got out on a grass fire the other day, and I was THRILLED! Anyway, just wanted to say Howdy!

Sr. Information Officer NJFFSA16's Avatar

Welcome aboard!
    Betcha can't wait for that first 10,000 acre grass fire, huh?
    What type of training facilities does your County have? Is there
    an Academy or Institute of some sort?

Temporarily/No Longer Active Station7Cadet's Avatar
    Pittsville Volunteer Fire EMS Rescue Department, Inc. Pittsville MD "Pittsville Pride"

Welcome the forums hope to see you around! I am cadet from the great state of MD and I kno that you will love everyminute of the fire service, you been there for 3 months and they were you talk you will be there a lot longer!

Thumbs up Hello

I'm a 6 yr Paramedic from Canada............ Good Luck in your future endeavors..................... Take Care, Be Safe......Kaycee

By the way, Randall County Fire/Rescue, is a volunteer department. I am a full time student. I completed all of my upper-level courses in wildlife ecology and management at Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas. I'm an Aggie. My wife and I just moved back up to the Panhandle and there just so happened to be a volunteer station down the block, so I joined up. This is something that I have wanted to do all of my life and never had the opportunity to do it.
    As for training facilities, we don't actually have any, although the local college has a fire academy that is pretty good I hear. We are taught everything by our superiors, who devote their own time, to teach us what they know. We are required to complete 75 hours of training in 3 months before we are given a pager and expected to make fire and medical calls. Three months later, we are voted on for membership. I love it and I am "hopefully" getting my pager this Thursday!!!

Thread Information