Forum Member

Default Did you ever want to kick someone out of the gene pool?

This was printed in todays Buffalo News. For the complete story go to:
    http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...28/8046936.asp

LOCKPORT - A drunken driver's sentencing was postponed in Niagara County Court Wednesday when he showed up drunk, but he ended up in jail anyway.
    Assistant District Attorney Marie P. Grisanti said David G. Winter, 48, of First Avenue, North Tonawanda, had his blood-alcohol content measured at .12 percent. Winter was to be sentenced by Judge Peter L. Broderick Sr. on a felony count of driving while intoxicated, stemming from a Nov. 2 arrest in North Tonawanda.

Instead, Winter's sentencing was put off until April 9. Officials at Niagara County Jail said Winter was in their custody to await sentencing.
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Firefighter
    IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Forum Member

So he got caught twice??

How many times had he driven & got away with it, is what you have to ask yourself.

People like that are obviously beyond assistance & don't deserve to even be able to walk again.

It happens all over the world as well. A couple of years ago we got paged to a road accident. Arrived to find a small child approx. 20metres away from a car which had been "T" boned at a crossover point. 1 further child & an adult female dead inside the car. The driver, (husband & father), was only slightly injured & lived to go to court, where it was discovered he HAD NEVER held a license or taken a test and had been drinking all the previous night.

These people have been swimming in the shallow end of the gene pool. The problem is, we are the pool repair people when things go wrong.

Stay safe, there are a lot of them out there.
    United Kingdom branch, IACOJ.

MembersZone Subscriber

Showing up to court drunk won't net you any favors with the judge, that's for sure!

Sadly, driving drunk is not taken nearly as serious as it should here in the States. By the general public or by the courts, in my opinion. People get upset when a druck crashes a car and hurts or kills someone, but it's just accepted.

I've got a very long list of people I'd like to see kicked out of the gene pool...
    Bryan Beall
    Silver City, Oklahoma USA

Remember Kids:

There's no lifeguard at the Gene Pool.

Forum Member

Default News of the Weird

Shawn--

You gotta e-mail that one to newsweird@aol.com and see if they'll run it in "News of the Weird." You'll even get your name in the crazy paper! Go to their site at www.newsoftheweird.com and subscribe to their e-mail NOTW, then check out your name in lights!

That guys a Darwin candidate if I ever heard of one!
    Member IACOJ & IACOJ EMS Bureau
    New England FOOL
    "LEATHER FOREVER"
    As always these are strictly my own opinions and views

Forum Member

The heck with the lifeguard at the gene pool, I think it might be time for a little chlorine.....

Or Bromine.

Thread Information