Forum Member

Cool Apparatus Dictionary

The Message Board of the Youngstown FD web site has started an "Apparatus Dictionary". The idea is to have photos of various styles of apparatus posted there so that it can be used as a reference.

Want to know what a Pierce Dash 2000 looks like? How about an HME Boise or a Sutphen custom? There are quite a few photo there in this new feature. Check out the site and come back and take another look in a few days. More photos will be added!
    Last edited by Box2565; 01-09-2006 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Change to URL

Forum Member

By the way, if you're looking for a photo of a particular style or type of apparatus, ask! Someone may be able to come up with a picture of the type of rig that you want to see...

I loved it...can someone try to get some more pictures of Seagraves? Gotta love 'em!

Forum Member

Arrow More New Photos!

As promised there are many new photos in the Fire Apparatus Dictionary. Several new Seagrave rigs have been added along with photos of apparatus by Summit, Smeal, American Fire & Rescue, Ferrara, and Pierce. So have a look!!

Default WONDERFUL SITE!

I just checked out the YFD Site and Forums. I must have been living in a hole or something not to know about this site. Well I found out how to use it and now I am registered as "NewJerseyFireApp". So creative eh? Oh well. I urge everyone to come check out the Apparatus Dictionary because it is truly unique!
    Jimmy - NJ
    "Future Firefighter"
    njfireapp@yahoo.com

Great web site!! I added it to my favorites list. I'll be checking it often.

C. Erickson
    Fire Fighter-EMT/Eagle Mountain Fire Dept.

Sr. Information Officer

Thumbs up

How come I didn't think of that? Congrats to the innovative YFD for coming up with that idea!

Can we start one for Wildland engines? LOL

Forum Member

Default Thanks for the feedback!

Hi everyone! I'm glad to hear everyone's great comments about the fire apparatus dictionary at youngstownfire.com. As the sites webmaster, I want to thank everyone who has contributed. If you don't know what the fire apparatus dictionary is, take some time to stop in and check it out. The message board can be reached by going to http://www.youngstownfire.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl
    when you get there, the fire apparatus dictionary is under General Fire Discussion. Take care and stay safe!
    Greg Ricker
    Youngstown, Ohio, USA
    Webmaster, youngstownfire.com
    youngstownfire.com forums @ www.yngfire.com

Sr. Information Officer

Lightbulb

Greg, FYI....if you need any specific photos of apparatus, there are thousands of engines, trucks, rescues and more at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Firepics/

I am sure that members there would be willing to assist you in obtaining any photos that you might need.

Again, great job on the site!

Forum Member

Exclamation The Return of the Apparatus Dictionary!

The YFD Message Board was down for a while. So, if you tried to view the site but couldn't, it is up and running again! As always, lots of new posts to view!

Forum Member

Talking More Pictures!!

New photos of various manufacturers of apparatus are being added daily. There are rigs from many regions of the United States along with both custom and commercial chassis jobs from both large and small apparatus builders.

Also, there is a nice listing of links to apparatus manufacturers web pages on the site along with many other interesting topics such as the General Fire Call Box discussion and the Northeast Ohio & Mahoning Valley FD topics!

Drop by the YFD Message Board and see!!

Forum Member

Arrow More! More!

Yes, there are more photos of apparatus from departments across the U.S. in the Apparatus Dictionary. Stop by and visit and leave a comment or a request!

Forum Member

Talking Stop By!

Many new posts on the board. What would you like to see? Leave a message and we'll try and post it!

Forum Member

Default youngstownfire.com is back up

youngstownfire.com is back up (well most of it that is). The message boards are fully functional. unforunitly we weren't able to recover some of the most recent posts, only what was on the boards when they did the backup. We lost about 10 members and some posts so if you signed up at youngstownfire.com on the message boards or posted recently, please check and resign up or repost if necessary. I anticipate the site being much more stable now that the majority of the problems are worked out. Thanks and please stop in and look around!

Greg
    yfdgricker, webmaster of youngstownfire.com
    Greg Ricker
    Youngstown, Ohio, USA
    Webmaster, youngstownfire.com
    youngstownfire.com forums @ www.yngfire.com

Forum Member

Arrow Hundreds of Photos

There are now almost 600 apparatus photos posted in the YFD Bulletin Board Apparatus Dictionary showing both antique and modern rigs from across the U.S. and Canada. You can find photos of Ahrens-Fox, Seagrave, Pierce, Thibault, Summit, Young, Anderson, E-One, KME, Knox, Webb, 4 Guys, Darley, American LaFrance, Ferrara, New Lexington, Sutphen, Hahn, Mack, Saulsbury, Pirsch, Swab, Central, Precision, Oshkosh, Calavar, you get the idea!

There are engines, trucks, snorkels, ARFF rigs, hose wagons, ambulances, chiefs cars, hand and horse drawn rigs!!

There is also a new
    Apparatus Color Dictionary that shows apparatus in every color and combination that is around! Take a look and see those black, blue, green, yellow, pink, and purple rigs that you have been searching for!

So visit the YFD site, have a look around, maybe even sign up as a member and post a comment or two!

Forum Member

Cool Apparatus Dictionary

The apparatus dictionary is bigger and better than ever! There are now separate sections for hand and horse drawn apparatus, ambulances, chiefs, cars, and many different manufacturers of motorized apparatus!

Well over a 1000 pictures to look through! There is a new URL for the site, so if you would like to visit, go here for the: Youngstown Fire Message Board!

Forum Member

Hi,

there have been several questions on the baord lately regarding apparatus history where the answer could be found on the Youngstown Fire Message Board. For those of you who may not have every been on that site you should have a look. 1000's of apparatus photos from around the world along with topics on many other areas of firefighting interest.

Stop in, register, and post a comment or photo at: Youngstown Fire Message Board.

Thread Information