Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Waynesboro, VA, possibly relocating to Virginia Beach in the near future!

First, I'll make sure everything is okay at home and that my gf is okay(she means the world to me, ya know?). After that, I'll get about 2 changes of clothes and head off to the firehouse. 2 changes, you ask? Chances are, if there's a 'nado, there might be others, and you might be wearing your gear for an extended period of time or staying overnight at the station. However, the only time I want to stay at the station is if/when I get that stupid immediate family law changed and go paid.
    These are my opinions, not those of my career department, my volunteer company, or my affiliates. And by the way, I'm not a Junior.

Buy me a drink, sing me a song, take me as I come 'cause I can't stay long.

Johnny Greene: 2/3/45-5/2/04
    Forever in our hearts

Default TORNADO WATCH/WARNIG CRITERA

Okay, here are somethings i wanna get straight.

TORANDO WATCH: MEANS.... CONDITIONS ARE FAVORABLE FOR TORANDO DEVELOPMENT IN THE WATCH AREA. PEOPLE IN AND CLOSE TO THE WATCH AREA SHOULD REMAIN ALERT FOR RAPIDLY CHANGING WEATHER CONIDTIONS AND BE PREPARED IN THE EVEN A TORNADO WARNING IS ISSUED. THIS DOES NOT NESSICARLY MEAN A TORNADO WILL OCCUR, BUT THE ATMOSPHERE IS SET UP TO.

TORNADO WARNING: Means, A tornado has been spotted by trained personnel or indicated by doppler radar. You should move to an interior room or lowest floor of your home or building and get under a stury piece of furnature. This is NOT to be taken lightly folks, you can wind up dead. Dont try to out run a tornado in your car, and DONT for Godsakes hide under an overpass, that places you higher up in the winds, exposing you to flying debires, and you can get sucked out!. You dont believe me?. Ask the people of Moore, Oklahoma and Oklahoma city!.

People the truth is, weather does what it damn well pleases. You guys gotta wake up and smell the weather....before severe weather season starts here in the northeast.

If you guys wanna argue or agree email me truxtonfirefighter@yahoo.com

Jeremy
    Jeremy Miller
    Truxton Fire Dept

I am with Mongo here......

There are many many situations... If you have warning then you do one thing...if it catches you by suprise you do another.

But your primary concern in either case should be your family.. you are 16, 17, 18 for goodness sake. You have one family. Make sure they are safe.....and.....then go help your department.

As a junior, cadet, explorer your role in this major disaster is limited. You should be restricted to the station and give duties like helping in the evac center, making sure people have access, food water etc. Help the firefighters by getting equipment in service, making coffee etc... ALL are very important functions.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Thread Information