Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Cool Welcome to the Front yard

I started out as an explorer for a volunteer department in 1985. 17 years later I am a captain/paramedic for a full-time fire district here in the KC (missouri) metro area. Not every day is a good day, but even the bad ones aren't enough for me to do anythignelse in the world. The excitement of it all never changes. Whenever I say to myself, well I've now seen it all, God replies "Oh really!?" and the bells drop. If you ever want to chat drop me a line at truckie89@hotmail.com I love to tell war stories and all my firefighters are tired of all my old stories- LOL. If I have a regret it would have to be lost brothers. I have buried a friend or two over the years and that never gets easier. I always tell myslef that the last one was the LAST one,but I know it may not be. At least they died doing what they loved. Well, drop me a line and we'll chat. John aka "Irish"
    celer et audax

Forum Member

Smile

Hi everyone...I am from Raleigh, NC .. been a fireman for 17 years and still enjoying it like the day i started...like the web site

Smile

Hello Anastasia,

Welcome aboard! This is the best site for firefighters to hang out and learn from one another. These guys are the best! If you have questions or need help with fire related issues these guys are the ones to ask! I can also say they've got some biggest hearts in the world ! So Enjoy and again Welcome to the Firehouse!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Volunteer Fire Fighter, Coastal Georgia. 90 plus member vol. group.

HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE FIRE SERVICE!!

I HAVE BEEN A FIREFIGHTER/TECHNICIAN WITH THE WASHINGTON,DC FIRE DEPARTMENT FOR THE PAST 17 YEARS AND I LOVE IT JUST AS MUCH NOW AS WHEN I FIRST JOINED THE DEPARTMENT. SINCE YOU ARE RELATIVELY NEW TO THE FIRE SERVICE, MAY I PASS ON A LITTLE ADVICE TO YOU. KEEP THE HEAD IN THE BOOKS, LEARN YOUR DISTRICT, ALWAYS GEAR UP AND STAY LOW!!
    IF YOU FOLLOW THIS ADVICE, YOU'LL BE OK!! - STAY SAFE! -

Cool

Hey Anastasia, Glad to meet you,I too am from PA. Crawford County is in the NW corner of the state.I have been with my dept. for 7 years(seems like forever)but hey I wouldn't change a thing;love it!! So hope to hear more from you and stay safe.
    Stay safe. Joe

Hi Anastasia,
    My name is Amy and I am from McKinleyville VFD in Wellsburg, WV (Brooke County). It is nice to see more female firefighters out there. I have been with my dept 2 1/2 years. I really enjoy doing this. I wouldn/t give it up for the world. Where are you from in PA?

Welcome to the Firehouse Forums you can find out a lot of interesting,helpful,and sometimes weird stuff in here.I am a female firefighter also and have been for 10 years.I don't know how many calls your dept. runs but mine runs about 200 a yr. with no EMS.

Default Hello

Hello Ladyff59,
    My name is Amy and I too am A lady ff. I am From MckInleyville VFD in Wellsburg, WV. I have been in the fire dept for 2 1/2 years and I dearly love doing what I do. I am President of our dept and active fireline. You will love doing this. I will almost guarentee it.

Amy

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information