Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Talking Looking for fellow fire fighters around the states

Hey out there, just looking for fellow fire fighters around the states, to chat. I am a 26 yr old female volunteer fire fighter in PA. Fell free to e-mail me, or post a reply. I am still a rookie, and love to hear stories. I have been a fire fighter now for a yr and 7 mths.
    Stay Safe
    Anastasia

Talking Hi Anastasia

This is a great site. The forums are great place to meet people and hear some great stories. I've been with the Columbus (Ohio) fire deparment for 10 1/2 years. Best job in the world
    Crazy from the heat!!!

Smile

Hey LadyFF,

Welcome to the fire service. I've been a volunteer for about 9 1/2 years and I absolutely love it. They say this is the best job in the world and even though I do it for free I have to agree - there is nothing I'd rather do more!

Be safe,
    Eastside
    To those that have gone before us, you will not be forgotten!

Volunteers do it for free...

Default Thanks

Hey Thanks for the replys. I agree its the best, and if someone would have asked me 5 yrs ago what i would be doing, i never in a million yrs would have said this. but i am glad i did,
    Thanks
    Stay Safe.
    Anastasia

Unhappy Best Job

I have only one regret about joining the fire dept..........I regret I waited till I was 32 to do it. What a great job. Who would ever think that people would enjoy getting up at 1am get back in at 5am and then hurry up to get to their "real" job.

Are we all crazy or what?

Stay safe!
    Jerry

Hello there Anastasia iam a firefighter/firstresponder from berks county pa. I ve been in the service going on 7 years now but grow up in a firehouse all my life. you will get to love this site there is alot to learn from here if you have any questions you can drop a reply here or email.

Hi,
    I'm laurabell, nice to hear form another lady ff in service. I'm in P'cola Fl , I've been volunteering for 3yrs now, but have been a medic for just shy of 7 yrs. I love it and couldn't think of anything more fun than to run into burning buildings in my off time.

MembersZone Subscriber

I started out in Montgomery County, PA over 22 years ago. Welcome on board.

I TOO AM INTERESTED IN MEETING SOME FIREFIGHTERS FROM AROUND THE COUNTRY. I WAS PARTICULARLY INTERESTED IN FINDING FOLKS FROM PA. AND MD.. I AM ORIGINALLY FROM CUMBERLAND, MD. AND STILL HAVE A SOFT SPOT FOR THAT AREA, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE BEEN IN SOUTH CAROLINA FOR 26 YEARS. I HAVE BEEN A FIREFIGHTER HERE SINCE I WAS 15 YEARS OLD AND THIS IS MY SECOND TIME SERVING AS CHIEF. LOOK FORWARD TO TALKING TO YOU AGAIN AND HEARING MORE ABOUT YOU AND YOUR DEPARTMENT. OURS IS A TWO-STATION DEPARTMENT RUNNING TWO ENGINES, THREE TANKERS, A BRUSH TRUCK, AND A SERVICE TRUCK.

Wink

Hello everyone. I am a female fire fighter/first responder with a volunteer department. I strongly agree that this is probably the most rewarding thing I have ever done and never in a million years would I have guessed I would be on a fire department and love it so much.

Default Howdy Every1

I live in NJ I am currently inbetween Fire Dept's (long story)
    I have a summer home in Penna where I belong to there F.B.
    Trails End Vol. Fire Brigade, in Shohola Pa. My pop is Chief this year. If anyone would like to see our trucks goto www.trailsend.org
    or would like to get a summer home with us and join our Fire Brigade please we can use ALL the members we could get. I have been a Junior Firefighter sense I was 14, and one year of Probation and I am off shortly ( I am 19 as of 4-22 ) I can not wait till I get off the Green Shild and get a black one! But the good thing is that I know the trucks better then 1/2 if not more the Brigade. The Department well I will know VERY well. But all I can say to the new comers into the world of old man Fire. Leason to your elders, go threw the training and remember one thing that I will NEVER forget & No don't.
    " You go.....we go."
    Take Care and Stay Safe
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Dan M. B.
    NJ State Firefighter 1
    Passaic County Fire Acadamy
    Class of 2001
    "Let's Not Forget Our Fallen Heroes"
    9-11-01

Sr. Information Officer

Talking To LDYFF/FR

I strongly agree that this is probably the most rewarding thing I have ever done and never in a million years would I have guessed I would be on a fire department and love it so much.
    If you find it rewarding now......just wait, it gets better!

I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do or kindness that I can show to any fellow human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again. - Unknown
    Be Safe out there!

Wink Spify new job

I am really excited to start training next month. I just got on full time here in KY and so far love the "family." I don't even know anyone by name yet and they call me by name. Well most of the time they call me probie, but that gets confusing. Since I dealt with brushfires as a conservationist a few years back I have never been happier working with these guys. They already tease my wife like she is a member of the family too. Incredible.
    God bless

PD

Smile

Im a fellow female firefighter/emt from Maryland. Welcome to the forums. Ive been a firefighter now for 3 yrs but Im coming up on 4yrs of being a memember of my station. I also work for Rural/Metro as an emt. Been an EMT for 3 yrs now as well. Take stay safe and low.

Heather Helm
    Firefighter I,II, Fire Officer I/EMT-B
    Carroll Co. Station 13
    Rural/Metro Mid-Atlantic
    "The above statement is my opinion and not that of my station."

Default Welcome Lady FF

A BIG welcome to the new lady FF. Whilst I am nowhere near
    you over there you are still family.
    Just for info. I am also a volunteer FF (our Service is called
    CFA - Country Fire Authority - and is staffed by several
    hundred professional firefighters but something like 65000
    volunteers like myself)and have been with the service for just
    on six years. I am a retired paramedic having spent 25 years
    in that profession. We don't YET have the services combined.
    I too just love it when working and regret having made the choices I did all those years ago, although it was pretty satisfying with the
    ambulance service.
    Anyway enuf. said. Again it is WELCOME. Take care, listen carefully
    and learn a lot.
    The very best wishes from 'down under'.

MembersZone Subscriber

I am a 20 year old female firefighter/EMT, I also work full time as a 911 dispatcher. I have been on a volunteer department for almost 2 years, but I have been working with these guys for years. Right now we are gearing up for a busy wildfire season in Colorado.
    I am interestec in meeting other firefighters from the area.
    Cassie

Not quite in your neck of the woods lady, but if your ever in Louisville stop by....
    FF/Paramedic Louisville, Ky

welcome LadyFF59
    welcome to the best job in the world, were else can you work and have fun with the largest family ever. If your ever in Los Angeles let me know, will show you the sites. good luck and be safe.

Default Please help this little boy

I want to tell you about a sick little boy name Bradlee T. He likes to be called "Fireman Bradlee" the Urbana, Illinois Fire Department has "Adopted" him. He even has his own little firesuit with his last name on it. When Bradlee heard about the 911 tradegy he had his Mom send his "love quilt" to New York so that the Firemen could feel safe. (It always made him feel safe) Isn't that the sweetest thing? His Mom would like to make him another quilt. It was made with different patches from several Fire Stations Would you please send him a patch? You can e-mail me for his address. deb12c@yahoo.com
    Thank you for your time and may God Bless you and keep you safe.
    Thank you for keeping us all safe.
    Debbie

check out his web site
    http://www.geocities.com/enchantedfo.../7910/UFD.html
    Last edited by deb12c; 05-17-2002 at 12:52 PM.

Glad to see there are more and more female ff out there. I to
    am a female ff. I just completed and passed my medic class but I
    have been a ff for jus over 5 yrs now. I lve what I do and i
    have to say so do my five children. My husband is on the dept. with me and so our children will probably all grow up to ff themselves.
    Which is okay by me. I am from western ny area (genesee county).so
    I too am looking to find brother and sister ff to meet and talk with. though I have seen and dealt with alot in five yrs I'm sure theres others with interesting stories. feel free to email me if you wish.

Exclamation

Hey welcome aboard . im 23 from delaware county pa . been doing this for almost 6 years now . i have had lots of fun and met some intresting people along the way. anyway its a good thing . take care stay safe . check us out on the we b www.drexelhillfire.com

we are delaware county station 20
    all volunteer all the time

take care

Jeff

Hi.
    It is always good to hear of other female firefighters out there. I live in Central New York. I am a class A fire fighter and an EMT. There are many stories to tell and not all are pretty.
    What made you decide to become a FF? Are you paid or volunteer?
    Shannon.

Smile

Hello there! I'm from a volunteer fire company in PA as well. My husband and I have been in the service for a number of years. how many calls does your company run a year, on average?
    firelady17

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

Hello ladyff, I'm also from Pa., Philadelphia/ Montgomery County area. Welcome to the forum's.
    "Never mistake knowledge for intelligence; it is like mistaking a cup of milk for an entire cow."-Thomas Jefferson

I.A.C.O.J. Member and F.A.R.T.'s local 4 founding member

Mama said she only raised one fool.....Hey wait a minute I'm an ONLY CHILD???

Welcome to the fire service, I am head dispatcher and vol.ff (and the only female)for a rural community in Texas. I have been with the dept for 5 yrs. and I absolutely love it, even the 24hr shifts. Along with ff, we are first responders in our part of the county and Skywarn weather spotters. After being involved with the dept. for 4 yrs I went back to school to get my bachelors in Fire Investigation.
    Good luck and take care.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information