Thumbs up 3000 Degrees (Book)

Buy The Book

I am from Worcester Ma. and I just wanted to post and give my opinion and also try to see some of the others opinions. It has always been my dream to become a Worcester firefighter and I hope to fulfill that dream in the coming years. But until the day I have actually earned this right I have been collecting things and learning all that is possible by hangin around the local stations whenever possible. I recieved the newly released 3000 Degrees from my parents for easter and i am already almost completely through it. I'm 15 and this is by far the closest view I've ever gotten to the job and what it is all about. The details in this book made me realize what the job is all about. I went to the site every day and studied all that i could about the fire and I will admit, I believed that I knew all there was to know about what happened that night and the days that followed. This book proved me completely wrong. If any of you have read this book i'd like to hear your opinions. And for those of you who havent read it I urge you to. This book is an amazing display of courage and brotherhood. So now that i have given you my opinion i leave yo with a quote from a Bible passage used throughout the book, "Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for hs brothers".

Default 3000 Degrees

I just read your post and I wanted to wish you luck on your dream to become a fire fighter. I to have had this same dream. Like most boy it begins at an early age, when your Kindergarden class took a trip to the local fire station and all the boys, and some girls in your class thought "this is the coolest job in the world." My dream did began there but it wasnt until I have become of the age of around 15 that I started thinking that this is what I want to do for the rest of my life. I am around 17 now and about 2 years ago I started taking steps in this direction, and I can tell you I am having a blast learning every day new things about the fire service. Good luck on your dream as well.

FDNY we will never forget your losses on 9/11

Temporarily/No Longer Active
    Pittsville Volunteer Fire EMS Rescue Department, Inc. Pittsville MD "Pittsville Pride"

Thanks, I have clicked on the link and I am trying to talk my mom into buying it for me! Thanks.

Thumbs up

I haven't read the book yet, but I did buy it. My dad and I drove all the way up to Worcester (a good hour and a half away) to Tatnuck Bookstore for the signing by the author and Dennis Smith. We got 3000 Degrees, Report From Ground Zero, and my dad's hardcopy of Report from Engine Company 82 that he bought when it first came out signed. There were over one hundred firefighters in that bookstore. I can't wait to read the Ground Zero and Worcester 6 books.

Anthony D. Ruggiero
    Explorer Captain/EMT-B
    Windsor Locks Fire Department Explorer Post 50
    Windsor Locks, Connecticut

Thread Information