Thread: New member

Talking New member

Hi Folks!
    Just wanted to say hi and looking to see if there are any other folks from PA, MD, DE, or VA around. Drop me a line via e-mail to say "howdy". Take care and stay safe!

Dave
    David J. Marti, EMT-B/VFF-I
    Maryland City VFD
    Anne Arundel County Station 27

These are my opinions and mine only. They do not represent those of my employer or the Volunteer organization I belong to.

Default Hello from Australia

Hi David

I am also a new member and just working out you shortened titles, I know what VFD is, what is a PVFF. I am going to the States in November and was thinking of going to a NASCAR race but I don't know if the season is still on. Any info appreciated.

Thanks Ben

District Chief

Welcome Ben and David

David...where you from in Md? I see Ft. Meade...but is that where you live?

I originally was from Virginia...now in Florida. Was a career and volunteer Firefighter. Worked in Prince William County and also at Vint Hill Farms Station for DOD...Volunteered in Warrenton.

Stan
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Cool

Ben and Stan,
    Hi guys, thanks for replying. Let me answer the questions one by one. A PVFF is a Probationary Volunteer Fire Fighter. Until we finish the Firefighter I course we are counted on the counties roster of active personnel as a PVFF. This means no interior work and you are basically the Pump Operators gofer. Yes the NASCAR season is a live and well. I'm doing to Dover Delaware for the race in June. Yes. I live on Ft. Meade for right now, but I volunteer with Maryland City (although I might transfer to either Earleigh Heights or Odenton depending on which house I buy). I always believe in giving something back to whatever community I am stationed in. Since the post has no volunteer positions in either Fire or EMS, I did the next best thing. Hope this answers y'alls wuestions. Oh BTW, I am orignally from Flroida by way of Pennsylvania. Take care and stay safe!

Dave
    David J. Marti, EMT-B/VFF-I
    Maryland City VFD
    Anne Arundel County Station 27

These are my opinions and mine only. They do not represent those of my employer or the Volunteer organization I belong to.

Thread Information