Default Mobile Breathing Air Trailers

My Department is looking into purchasing a mobile breathing air trailer so that we can refill our SCBA on the scene. A separate trailer seems like a logical choice because we have a heavy-duty pickup truck available to pull it and none of our current apparatus has room to mount such a system. Does anybody have one of these trailers and what has been your experience with them?

Forum Member

Cool trailers

My old dept had a trailer that we towed behind one of the brush trucks. It worked out great, if it was full of air you could fill around 30 to 40 bottles. Last year the dept that I work for bought a 1 ton chevy truck and had 6 bottles installed in the bed, its a 4500 psi system and with it full it should fill 80 to 100 bottles.

Both systems work great, its just what works better for your dept.

Have a good day and be safe.

Joe

Forum Member

Smile

Here at our Plant we have an Eagle Air Compressor on a tandem axle trailer. Around $48,000.00 worth. It has a 4 bottle cascade system and can fill 2 bottles at once. It has worked cery well for us and the surrounding communities. If you want further information please feel free to e-mail me.

Thread Information