Default Hypothetical Situation

OK here it is:
    You're on a date, with like, the HOTTEST girl ever, having the time of your life (if you know what I mean) and your fire pager goes off.
    Do you leave her and go to the fire (let's say the fire's not toooo big) or do you stay?
    What would you do?

Unless a date is an absolute dog or boring, WHAT THE HELL are you doing wearing your fire pager! Finsih up, take her home gentleman-like but quickly, show up w/ a smile on your face
    Member IACOJ & IACOJ EMS Bureau
    New England FOOL
    "LEATHER FOREVER"
    As always these are strictly my own opinions and views

a couple of the guys at the department always tell me, "Nate, Don't f*ck up any of your chances. Dont ditch her to go to the station. and dont say no i cant go out i have to go to the station that night. Be smart, get laid. If they see you have the chance to go to a fire and you choose them, im sure they will melt." And they will too. Now if it is a dog, get it over with, but i dont see who would go out with a dog anyways.
    Last edited by SFDexplorer; 04-07-2002 at 12:25 PM.
    Nate Breton, Vice President
    Post 333 Salem Fire Rescue

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the ability to work with fear."

Default hot date??

I dont know many guys that wear there pager's on date, unless they know prior to the date that its going to be a boring time. The only exception I can think of is if you get a 6 alarm call and there starting to call for mutual aid then i would be like "will you please excuse me something very urgent has come up" or " I need to go save someones life"

FDNY your losses on 9/11 will never be forgotten

Thumbs up

[FONT=century gothic]I agree with Shamrock
    When you walk through the fire you will not be burned, the flames will not set you ablaze PRAY FOR THE FALLEN

To All the Jr's Good luk n be safe

The previous comments are myn and have nothing to do with the department I represent
    LMTVFC

Well if it`s a not so big fire as you describe it, I may rush things along a bit, and then go to the firehouse later on, or if there still overhaul going on I`d take a ride over and help clean up once I dropped her off at home. If it sounds like something big, then we`d wrap things up and I`d drive her home. When my mom and dad were dating, my mom got stuck at the firehouse with other guys dates more then once, I still here the stories.

The Hottest girl ever?????? Well then, if it wasnt a very big fire.....why would you ever leave her???? I would stay for sure.
    Visit us at http://www.randolphfire.org

Forum Member

last date i went on, i carried my pager... only because the date was at the station. it was an appreciation dinner. and my date is on a neighboring rescue squad... so she understands. but if it was the hottest girl... forget fighting fire! unless it was my house.

Hey, I would be fighting fires, the fires that she starts in bed with me...

Amen Nate! Theres a time to fight the heat and theres time to make the heat so make her hot, leave her wet
    Member IACOJ & IACOJ EMS Bureau
    New England FOOL
    "LEATHER FOREVER"
    As always these are strictly my own opinions and views

Forum Member

Oh boy its good to be back , you guys are a riot... but I would have to say, I wouldn't leave her unless it was boring, or something to that extent. I wouldn't necessarily hurry things up either, I just wouldn't let it take all night. I know that we are normally on scene for about 4 hours with the fire inspectors and that such, so I would have time. And whats wrong with carrying your pager on dates? I would. just leave it on alert, and far down.
    Firefighter/EMT Mitch Cowen
    Hose Co. 1 1st Lieutenant
    Randolph Fire Co. Inc

Forum Member

LEAVE, Fire comes first.

Besides if she was the hottest girl alive
    I'd be dreaming so I'd just come backa nd dream again.

District Chief

Question What's the purpose?

Guys.... I am a bit clouded and confused here (no...not drinking either).

Where do you come up with all these "hypothetical" situation, why do you post them, and above all what is the point? This same question has been asked in some form or another on this forum several times.

Correct me if i am wrong here...but the purpose of these forums is to exchange information about various subjects, such as training, PPE, rules and regulations, SOPs, SOGs, career choices, incident command, hazardous materials, new ideas and products....etc etc....I dont think any of them revolve around how the fire department and having a call effect your sex life....

I can not believe the webteam lets this happen but sensors or corrects other topics.

Some of you from time to time ask very good questions and at times come up with very mature and responsible answers. This is not one of them.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Sr. Information Officer

Thumbs down ??????

I agree with capstanm1....the questions are ridiculous and belong in a chat room somewhere....not on Firehouse Forums. This medium should remain an exchange of "realistic" information. There are some hypothetical situations that could generate excellent discussion among the members of this forum. However, this particular thread is not one of them.

"Some of you from time to time ask very good questions and at times come up with very mature and responsible answers. This is not one of them."

By the way....since you asked. The last date I was on, they hadn't invented pagers! (Just kidding guys)

Forum Member
    Waynesboro, VA, possibly relocating to Virginia Beach in the near future!

I think I would have to agree with both captstanm1 and NJFFS_A16, this thread is pretty dumb. Ya'll come up with good stuff, it's just that some stuff just ain't appropiate for these forums. If you wanna talk about that kind of stuff, start a chat on AIM or something, just not here.
    These are my opinions, not those of my career department, my volunteer company, or my affiliates. And by the way, I'm not a Junior.

Buy me a drink, sing me a song, take me as I come 'cause I can't stay long.

Johnny Greene: 2/3/45-5/2/04
    Forever in our hearts

Thumbs down Wake up guys

Guys...If your going to be effective firefighters, you need to do what is most important. If you have a working structure fire, I would kindly explain to the young lady, the situation and apologize for the innconveince and make it up to her. Serving your community comes before your self. 1.family 2.community 3. your self. Thats the way it is in my book. I think posts like this make you explorers and juniors look foolish, childish and immature. Just to be hypothetical, if I were out on a date and my pager went off for a structure fire, I would apologize to the girl and explain to her my duties and obligations to my department and community and get back with her at a later date.

Guys use your heads....
    Last edited by TruxtonFD; 04-09-2002 at 07:51 PM.
    Jeremy Miller
    Truxton Fire Dept

Frist off truxton, Im an explorer, its not like im 100% needed at every fire. And im sure when I go in after the date or later that week and the guys ask I will get more praise from being on a date with a grade A top choice hottie then ditching her and going to a fire. Trust me they would kill me if they knew I ditched a goddess for a fire. And Second, why would I tell a girl "hey baby, im sorry i gotta go to this fire and forget about our great night together." Now if she wanted me to go and kept saying to go and she wanted to see me do the stuff great, but most girls would probably rather spend a night with you, rather than watching you fill bottles.

And to cap. To be in the fire service you need a good sense of humor. Thats one thing I do know for a fact. So we are having fun, whether or not its relivent to you we are having fun, So if you dont like the convo, don't read it.

Ok, I have never really spent much time reading through the different messages that are posted on these forums; however, one was brought to my attention. I don't think it is any huge deal what you talk about, but one thing I can guarentee you guys, if you keep referring to women as "chicks, babes" or any other form of animal, you most likely won't have to worry about that hypothetical situation. I am a firefighter and I admit, there are times when my pager does not go with me places...but if I have my pager with me, I respond. If you don't want to respond or you think you are going to be too engrossed in a date, don't even bother. Either way you are going to be upset, if you miss the big one or if you have to drop the date.
    Second of all, I agree with the others that have said this, these hypothetical situations are great, but what place do they have in this forum. Maybe I am out of place because I have never really spent a great time discussing this, but from what I understand reading through this thread, this seems more like an IM conversation. Sex and what you chose to do with your personal life is your own business...I don't really need to know the details, and I especially don't need to hear them when you are talking about "getting laid", "dumping the dog", or "being out with the hot chick". Have a little respect guys. I understand that men refer to women with these nicknames, and I admit I get them a lot at the fire hall, but that is from friends who I respect and joke around with...not from random people.

District Chief

To the last post....BRAVO.....

As I said in the other "hypothetical" thread:

"I can not believe the WEBTEAM lets this go on and on. What is the point?
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Sr. Information Officer

Thumbs up

HsEtRaErYsEs

I'd like to shake your hand. Well said, well written, well done and hopefully, well taken!

Lets move on.

Thread Information