Thread: Minitor I or II

Post Minitor I or II

Which pager do you guys prefer and/or carry, and explain why you have that particular bias for that pager.

I have a I and dont like it very much, it recieves good, but it looks goofy in public and doesnt go loud enuf volume wise, especialy when Im in a high nose environment. Its darn near impossible to hear my minitor I

Just wondering what you folks think.

Jeremy
    Last edited by TruxtonFD; 04-07-2002 at 05:38 PM.
    Jeremy Miller
    Truxton Fire Dept

I like the III the best, vibrate is perfect for those times where you`d rather not have a whole room turn and look at you, and you`d like to keep the pager on. I have a II though, and it works fine, 1`s are too bulky, we got rid of most of ours.

I miss the hell out of my old minitor I. Compared to the Reach I now carry it was the best thing ever. Now matter how much I beat and mistreated that minitor it worked w/o fail for three years. Though I wouldnt mind a minitor III.
    Member IACOJ & IACOJ EMS Bureau
    New England FOOL
    "LEATHER FOREVER"
    As always these are strictly my own opinions and views

Forum Member

i sure do love my minitor II

Thumbs up

THe minitor III is great. My dept. issues these and the II's and some prefer the II because they say reception and range is better but i have had no problems with the minitor III.

MembersZone Subscriber

I've had the III for about a year and a half, it is a good unit but I prefered the II. When I dont have my III in the holster, the channel seems to get turned to the wrong channel. The reception isn't quite as good with the III either. Other than that it's not too bad.

Forum Member

I like the III with stored voice. I never have to call dispatch to clarify the address.
    I.A.C.O.J. Charter Member
    "Chet, get an inch and a half on that!"

"Not for fame or reward,Not for place or rank. Not lured by ambition or goaded by necessity. But in simple obedience to duty as they understood it. These men suffered,sacrificed,dared all, and died. Let us never forget our fallen friends."

Thumbs up

i love my minitor 2 sv its the best dang thing i ever used
    When you walk through the fire you will not be burned, the flames will not set you ablaze PRAY FOR THE FALLEN

To All the Jr's Good luk n be safe

The previous comments are myn and have nothing to do with the department I represent
    LMTVFC

Forum Member

I have a II, and i love it. The I was good, but its a bit big, and it didnt go loud enough for like mowing the lawn for an example. The III's that we have, and neighboring departments have don't like them. Cause they don't pick up well in our hilly terrain, and they just dont work well. So the number 1 pick, Minitor II all the way.
    Firefighter/EMT Mitch Cowen
    Hose Co. 1 1st Lieutenant
    Randolph Fire Co. Inc

Personally I prefer the Minitor II. It has better reception than my dads desktop scanner and his hads a 20ft. antenna. I have never had the Minitor I, but I think they look awful bulky.
    ***The opinions above belong to me. They do not represent my affiliation***
    (Visit us at www.randolphfire.org)

Talking Love my III

Yes I love my III with Amp I have No problems with it picking upI put it on my shoulder when I mask up so I can hear the operations that is one tought pager!!!!
    Fire Fighter Justin Koshar

Talking Minitor II All The Way!!

Officers in our department carry the Minitor III. However, they've had several problems with them. They had to be sent back in to Motorola to have the problems resolved. While they were in the "shop", the officers carried the same pager as the rest of the department, the Minitor II. The Minitor II is almost perfect (voice storage would make it completely perfect We're now looking at "upgrading" to the Minitor III.
    My old department issued both the Minitor II's plus the Motorola HT-750 (the HT-750 is a combination pager/two-way radio). The Minitor II's were used when you were going to be in a "social" situation which meant carrying the HT-750 would be too bulky. However, if you were responding, it was recommended that you had the HT-750 with you. This way, Command could have the ability to communicate with everyone on the fireground via the two-way radio.
    "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail"

The opinions expressed are mine, and mine alone. They do not reflect the views of my department.

FTM-RFB-PTB-EGH-KTF
    Remember FDNY 9/11

Cool

I have a minitor II right now, and I love it. I used to have a minitor I and it always feel off or got caught on something. I find with the minitor I that it NEVER stayed on my belt and it got pretty good a bouncing off the ground. My minitor II never falls off, and it receives calls just as well, and i can hear it as well as i did my minitor I. Right now we are trying to get money to upgrade to high band, which means we need to buy 80 minitor III's, plus new base stations.
    EMTFD27
    Swanzey, New Hampshire

Cool

Personally I prefer the Minitor II. It has a better range and it can take a beating. A couple of the guys on our Department have the III's and we are constantly having to send them back for repair. Also I prefer the alert tone of the II over the alert of the III because if I am out somewhere and mayhaps I have placed my Pager on the Visor for a second, if I am anywhere near it more likely than not I will hear it. But this is only my opinion take it as you will.
    Live for the moment cause you never know if tomorrow will come.
    God Bless our fallen Brethren. You will never be forgotten.

Forum Member
    Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

i'm happy with either one. my fire dept uses the III's while my ems agency uses II's. I do like the vibrate function along with the fact on the III's if the batteries go dead you can use regular triple A batteries. as for reception never had any problems with either.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Thumbs up Pager used

We use the Mintor III stored voice. The repeat and vibrate options are excellant and the pager can be programmed from a computer (for frequency changes)

Could you clarify. What exactly is the stored voice for the minitors? I have a II right now, that's pretty much all my department uses. We have a few old I's still, but they are just for the guys that we don't like. Kidding. So how does the voice thingy work and what exactly is it?

IACOJ Agitator

Let's see...so far in 10 years I've had the following (in order):

From Broad Brook:
    Minitor I
    Minitor II
    Keynote
    Minitor III (actually have both the KeyNote and III right now, trying the III out).

From Blue Hills:
    Minitor II (currently)
    Minitor III (in a few months)

I prefer the Keynote. It is nice and small, about the size of a small alphanumeric pager. Actually, my alphanumeric pager is slightly bigger. The Keynote also has vibrate for those who like that. The only thing that I like about the II or III better than the Keynote is the ability to leave a channel in the "open" position. The Keynote always stays closed until the tones go off. As far as the batteries go, if the battery goes dead you can replace it with one AA battery.

The Keynote and the III's from both FD's have the voice memory. For those wondering, the pagers can replay X many calls for Y number of seconds (depending on the pager setup) incase you missed the call. For example, my Keynote will store 2 messages of 15 seconds in length. It could be reprogrammed to store 1 message for 30 seconds. My III from Broad Brook can store up to 4 messages of 60 seconds in length.
    Last edited by Adze39; 04-26-2002 at 02:08 AM.

i personally carry the minitor II and thats what i prefer
    IACOJ

Thread Information