*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Standard Time unless otherwise indicated)
Friday, April 05, 2002
· QUEENS, NY: All-Hands – Box 7776 @ 31-20 81st St. 2-story brick 20x40 occupied dwelling. Fire top floor. DWH. [EAN2]. 1:07a.m.
· PHILADELPHIA, PA: *Working fire* 1217 Spring Garden St. BC on location with a Truck fire – extension to a Gas Station. 2&2 in service. [EAN3305/EAN3386]. 1:08a.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: All-Hands Box 7776 @ 31-20 81st St. near 32nd Ave. 2-story brick 20x40 occupied dwelling. Fire 2nd floor. BATT-46 reports main body of fire knocked down. Primary search fire floor negative. This fire is PWH. [EAN2]. 1:11a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO. STLFD has a 1st Alarm house fire in the 1900 block of Senate. They have reports of people screaming for help. Pumper 1 reports a 3-story brick with heavy smoke showing. PUMPERS: 1, 11. 14, 7, HL6, BC 802 & 804, SQUAD 1, DC 810. [STL819]. 1:18a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update on STLFD's 1st Alarm house fire in the 1900 block of Senate. They have 4 victims rescued and counting. At least 3 EMS Units have been requested. [STL819]. 1:23a.m.
· JERSEY CITY (HUDSON Co.), NJ: *Fatal 3rd Alarm* Grand & Communipaw. 1 DOA located. Fire was in a 2-story building. [EAN103/2*EAN301]. 1:24a.m.
· CHESTERFIELD TWP. (BURLINGTON Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm* Working fire at 73 Bordentown Crosswicks Rd. Several Companies working. M/A also from Mercer County. Unknown type of building. NFI. [EAN52/EAN3305]. 1:30a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update on STLFD’s 1st Alarm house fire in the 1900 block of senate. DC 810 reports all occupants were accounted for and all firefighters are accounted for. Fire is out. They used 3 EMS Units and a Supervisor. At least 2 patients went to Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital. [STL819]. 1:44a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update on STLFD's 1st Alarm house fire at 1932 Senate. By orders DC810 – strike out the 1st Alarm. Request FIU Car-821 to the scene. [STL819]. 1:48a.m.
· WASHINGTONVILLE (ORANGE Co.), NY: Working fire at 11 Littlebrook Ct. Command on scene requests M/A. South Blooming Grove 1 Ladder, Vails Gate for stand-by. [MNS11]. 1:56a.m.
· ROSELLE (UNION Co.), NJ: 2nd Alarm upon arrival at 231 E. 6th Ave. Fire in an occupied multiple dwelling. Linden Ladder/Cranford Engine to the scene. Full off-duty recall. [EAN44]. 2:01a.m.
· Working fire – NORTH ATTLEBORO, MA: 110 Ellis Rd. Fire in the basement of an occupied dwelling. M/A to cover. [TAC9-C51]. 3:24a.m.
· WEST SAYVILLE, NY: Working fire in the end of West Ave near the Docks. M/A Sayville & Great River for 1 Engine to scene. [MNS 343]. 4:17a.m.
· NEWARK (ESSEX Co.), NJ: *All Hands* 47 Milford Ave. Fire on the 1st & 2nd floors of a 3-story brick building. [EAN318*EAN301]. 4:39a.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: 75-947 at 1369 Atlantic Ave near NY Ave. Fire on the top floor of a 5-story 20x80. 1 line in operation. Removing occupants from building. [MNS#154]. 4:41a.m.
· STLFN: COLLINSVILLE (MADISON Co.), IL: Collinsville FD is working a mobile home fire on "E" Street in the Crescent Mobile Home Park. Heavy fire with wires down. Exposure problems to a hotel. Request Illinois Power. [STL899]. 6:06a.m.
· STLFN: COLLINSVILLE (MADISON Co.), IL: Update - Collinsville FD's working fire on "E" street in the Crescent Mobile Home Park (near Hwy 157, south of I-55/70), still heavy fire. Tanker shuttle operations in progress. [STL899]. 6:25a.m.
· STLFN: COLLINSVILLE (MADISON Co.), IL: Update - Collinsville FD's working fire on "E" Street in the Crescent Mobile Home Park. Collinsville Command reports fire is under control. Request any additional Firefighters at Fire Station for back-up/relief. [STL899]. 6:34a.m.
· NEW ORLEANS, LA: *6th Alarm* 2730 S. Broad St. Old Bohn Ford Auto Dealership. 3-story brick, block long building - total. Interior collapse due to cars on upper floors. Exterior attack. [NOLA]. 7:05a.m.
· HILLSBORO (MONTGOMERY Co.), IL: House fire at 218 N. Welch. Hillsboro FD back en-route for a rekindle of a house. Original fire was approx. 0530hrs this date. [CIFN*1/99]. 7:36a.m.
· THE PLAINS (FAQUIER Co), VA:**2nd Alarm Equiv**4864 O'Bannon Rd. Century-old stone farmhouse fully involved with exposure problems. 6Eng's, 5Tkrs working. M/A from Prince William & Loudoun Co's to work & cover (VFN104) (VFN102). 7:54a.m.
· FAIRFAX Co., VA. **2nd Alarm on arrival with person reported trapped* 2778 Blocker Place. (Co18-Jefferson). Heavy fire showing from rear of townhouse. [DC2]. 8:29a.m.
· 2nd Alarm – YORK, ME: on Route 1. "Estes Oil Company". OIC reports heavy fire conditions in a 1.5 story commercial taxpayer 75 x 100. *154.265* C101 [TAC9-C302]. 8:32a.m.
· FAIRFAX Co., VA: 2nd Alarm Update: 2778 Blocker Place *Medevac requested for rescued burn victim* Heavy fire in Townhouse. LZ is golf course on Lee Hwy. [DC2]. 8:36a.m.
· Update - 2nd Alarm - YORK ME: on Route 1. "Estes Oil Company". OIC reports heavy fire conditions in a 1.5 story commercial taxpayer 75 x 100. Request for (2) extra Engines to the scene. Water problems. *154.265* [TAC9-C302]. 8:39a.m.
· STLFN: COLLINSVILLE (MADISON Co.), IL: Collinsville FD is on scene of a house fire @ 406 S. Aurora St. Heavy smoke showing on arrival AMBO have been requested (STL 835). 9:23a.m.
· 5-5-5-5 It is with regret that we report the death & recovery of the blessed remains of: FF James Papageorge E-23 & FF Mark Whitford of E-23, which occurred on 9/11/01 while operating @ MANHATTAN, NY: 55-8087 (WTC). May they rest in eternal peace. [MNS OFFICE]. 9:23a.m.
· STLFN: COLLINSVILLE (MADISON Co.), IL: Update on Collinsville FD’s working fire @ 406 S. Aurora St. A 2nd AMBO is responding to the scene. Hollywood Heights FD responding M/A. (STL 835). 9:23a.m.
· 65-2: Funeral arrangements for FF James Riches of L114 on ROT in E4 on 9/11/01 operating @ MANHATTAN, NY: 55-8087 (WTC). Wake Wed/Thur 4/10-11, 14-1700 & 19-2100hrs , McLoughlin Funeral Home.,9620 3rd Ave., Brooklyn, NY., Mass Fri 4/12,0930hrs St. Patrick's Cathedral on 5 Ave/51st St. in Manhattan. [MNS OFFICE]. 9:25a.m.
· STLFN: COLLINSVILLE (MADISON Co.), IL: Update on Collinsville FD working fire @ 406 S. Aurora St. M/A also responding from Maryville and Troy FD's. No size up heard as to what type of house it is. Command has now requested Hollywood Heights FD to stand-by @ their Engine House. (STL 835). 9:25a.m.
· N CHARLESTON, SC *Overnight 2nd Alarm* 5402 Dwight Dr. 3-story wood frame, entire roof fully involved. 2 very bad exposure problems. Numerous 1.75" & 2.5" lines stretched operating. 5Es 3Ts 2SQs 2BCs. M/A Ashley River FD. [CFP803*700]. 9:36a.m.
· STLFN: COLLINSVILLE (MADISON Co.), IL: Update on Collinsville FD’s working fire @ 406 S. Aurora St. Collinsville Command has requested both Illinois Power and Gas Division. Red Cross is en-route to the scene. (STL 835). 9:36a.m.
· CHARLESTON, SC *Overnight – 2nd Alarm* Kennedy @ Ashley. (1) 2.5-story wood frame well involved on arrival with (2) additional exposures on Kennedy & (1) on Line St. (8) 1.5" & (4) 2.5" lines used. 5&2 with numerous off duty Firefighters to the scene. [CFP803*700]. 9:38a.m.
· STLFN: COLLINSVILLE (MADISON Co.), IL: Update on Collinsville FD working fire @ 406 S. Aurora St. Fire is under control. Co.'s hitting hot spots and overhauling. (STL 835). 9:52a.m.
· STLFN: COLLINSVILLE (MADISON Co.), IL: Update on Collinville FD’s fire @ 406 S. Aurora St. Command has requested another AMBO for @ 3 y/o male patient. Hollywood Heights FD moving up to Collinsville FD. (STL 835). 10:01a.m.
· RESERVE, NM Update - Gila National Forest. Fire now 13 miles long. 30,000 acres of Ponderosa Pine & Pinyon Juniper involved. 11 air tankers & 18 Engines on scene. More Engines en-route. Snow Lake, Blair Ranch & Elk Springs evacuated. [MNN244]. 11:17a.m.
· GLENDALE, CA: 2nd Alarm: Stocker and Concorn, 3-story center hallway with 1 unit on 3rd floor well involved. 1 burn victim. [FIREPAGE (R) LA-1R]. 11:54a.m.
· STLFN: EAST ST. LOUIS (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: East St. Louis FD delayed from 2200hrs 4/4/02. East St. Louis FD was on scene of a fully involved 1-story house at 1021 N. 13th St. Companies: 422 & 424 responding. E422 caught a hydrant, E424 off with a Deck Gun & 2 lines. [STL997]. 1:41p.m.
· HAMILTON TWP. (FRANKLIN Co.), OH: **2nd Alarm** 313 Buckeye Circle. 2-story Apartment building. M/A Columbus & Franklin Twp. [FPO/284/D217] (C). 4:44p.m.
· 2nd Alarm – WORCESTER, MA: Box 1229 106 Lakewood Street. OIC reports heavy fire in the rear porches and cockloft area of a structure. *800 & 546* C612/C30 [TAC9-C302]. 4:44p.m.
· 2nd Alarm – FITCHBURG, MA: Boulder Drive. Heavy fire in the basement and first floor of a vacant factory. DWH *154.25* C30 C302 [TAC9-C32]. 4:46p.m.
· WASHINGTON, DC: Fire Truck vs. Civilian vehicles in the 2500 block Wisconsin Ave NW. Engine 20 involved while responding. 5 civilians & 4 Firefighters injured, non-life threatening. 5 civilian vehicles involved. [DC2]. 4:48p.m.
· FITCHBURG, MA: 4th Alarm on Boulder Dr. 2-story vacant Warehouse. [NEFNN/DESK]. 5:22p.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: 22-846 *2nd Alarm + 10-76 High Rise Commercial Assignment* aof 424 Madison Ave x E49th St. Fire out several windows on the 10th fl of a high-rise commercial building. L7 FAST. B7 (Safety Cord) involved in an accident en-route. Request EMS. [MNS432/342]. 6:10p.m.
· Update – MANHATTAN, NY: 22-846 *2nd Alarm + 10-76 High-rise commercial assignment* at 424 Madison Ave x E49 St. Fire out 2 windows on the 10th floor of a 16-story brick high-rise commercial building 100x100. L7 FAST. B2 now SAFETY/B6 COMM CORD/E5 CP CO/E16 CFRD ENG. [MNS432/342]. 6:13p.m.
· Update - MN 22-846 *2nd Alarm + 10-76 High-rise Commercial Assignment* at 424 Madison Ave x E49 St. 2 lines stretched operating by hand, elevators out. Water now on fire. [MNS432/342]. 6:15p.m.
· Update - MANHATTAN 22-846 *2nd Alarm + 10-76 High-rise Commercial assignment* at 424 Madison Ave x E49 St. D3 reports main body of fire knocked down. Return Special Units not on scene. [MNS432/342]. 6:22p.m.
· 4th Alarm – FITCHBURG, MA: on Boulder Drive. Vacant factory with heavy fire condition. Master streams and Ladder Pipes operating. *154.25* C30 C302 C461 [TAC9-C32]. 6:23p.m.
· Update – 4th Alarm – FITCHBURG, MA: on Boulder Drive. 2-story vacant factory 150x200. No exposures. Ladder Pipes and Deck Guns operating *154.25* C30 C105 [TAC9-C32]. 6:35p.m.
· Update - 4th ALARM – FITCHBURG, MA: on Boulder Drive. 2-story vacant factory 150x200. Fire thru the roof. S/C Westminster Engine to lay into the Ladder on the Putnam Bridge. *154.25* C30 C105 C461 [TAC9-C32]. 6:56p.m.
· ELIZABETH, NJ: 2nd Alarm on arrival - now a 3rd Alarm at 2nd & Trumbul St. 3-story wood frame - well involved. [EANSTAFF-EAN10]. 7:14p.m.
· QUEENS / BROOKLYN, NY **2nd Alarm** QN-1668 BK-8629: A large area of brush at 83rd St. @ 161st Ave. BN-50 BN-39 DIV-14 [MNS-30] * 7:32p.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, NY: **2nd Alarm** Box 8629 (QN Box 1668) 163 Ave @ 83rd St. A large area of brush. Brooklyn & Queens Units operating. Main body fire knocked down. Fire is PWH DIV-14 [MNS-30] * 7:42p.m.
· Update - ELIZABETH (UNION Co.), NJ: *3rd Alarm* 235 Trumbull St. Command reports he has heavy fire on # 3 floor, roof & cockloft. Master Streams in operation from rear of building and hand lines in operation from roof of exposure B. Fire is still doubtful. [EAN44/STAFF/503]. 7:53p.m.
· Update – ELIZABETH (UNION Co.), NJ: *3rd Alarm* 253 Trumbull St. Command reports he still has heavy fire in 3rd floor, roof & cockloft. Fire is still very doubtful. Collapse zone established for exposures A/B/C. Canteen & Rehab Unit to scene. EAN898/10 on scene. [EANSTAFF/44/503]. 8:07p.m.
· MFN: CAROLINE Co., MD: Box 3-3 (Denton) 2nd Alarm barn fire @ 23952 Willow Pond Rd. Command reporting barn on the ground. Large diameter hose laid. Should handle with present assignment. Mutual Aid Talbot Co. [MFN-66]. 8:19p.m.
· Update - Final: ELIZABETH, NJ: 3rd Alarm++ 200 block of Trumbull St. 50x100 3-story wood frame. Fire 2nd & 3rd floors + thru the roof. Fire now under control. Request emergency demolition. Extended operations. M/A to work/cover. [EANSTAFF-EAN10]. 10:07p.m.
· READINGTON TWP. (HUNTERDON Co.), NJ: *Second Alarm* off Route 523. Fully involved structure. M/A request for coverage and work. [EAN434/700]. 10:56p.m.
*** FirePage Ohio Report for April 5, 2002 ***
FirePage Ohio® covers all of Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Northern Kentucky and we will soon add Eastern Indiana and the City of Indianapolis. Beginning in early 2002, we will be sending all of our incident notifications via E-Mail. So, if you carry an alphanumeric pager, PDA or cell phone, and that device has an email address, we can get the information to you.
For additional information, you can contact us at our office, (937) 399-4197, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our web site at http://www.firepageohio.com.
If you'd like to report an incident, please call our hotline number: 1-888-342-0143, and leave a message. Please make sure you include your name and a call back number.
This report is complied by FirePage Ohio® Dispatcher Scott Berringer (email@example.com)
Cleveland: W/F 3525 East 81. BN 2 reports a house fire. Cos: Eng 11, 26, Lad 11, Squad 1, & BN 2. Eng 13 - Worker. Lad 13 - RIT. FPO/D703 ©
Cleveland: W/F 3525 East 81. Add Tactical Res5cuE & AC 1 on the card. FPO/D703 ©
Columbus: W/F 1381 Atchison. Cos: Eng 8, 1, Lad 8 (Fire Fightin' 8's), Med 2, Res2cuE, BN 1. S/C Eng 9, 20, Lad 1 (Top Gun), Med 1, EMS 11, SO 2. FPO/D223 ©
Columbus: W/F 1381 Atchison. BN 1 requesting Arson. FPO/D223 ©
Columbus: W/F 1381 Atchison. BN 1 reports fire K/D. Holding all companies. Utilities S/C'd. FPO/D223 ©
Mifflin Twp (Franklin): W/F 323 Dennison Ave. M/A Columbus Eng 28, Med 28, BN 6. FPO/D223 ©
Columbus: W/F Across from 476 South 22nd St. Cos: Eng 8, 3, 2 (War Wagon), Lad 8 (Fire Fightin' 8's), 2, 15, Res2cuE, Med 8, BN 1, 4. 2 sty duplex. FPO/D217 ©
Columbus: W/F Across from 476 South 22nd St. RIC: Eng 15, Med 21, EMS 14, SO 2. Arson S/C'd. FPO/D217 ©
Columbus: W/F Across from 476 South 22nd St. BN 1 reports fire K/D. Holding all companies except Lad 15. FPO/D217 ©
Hamilton Twp (Franklin): W/F 313 Buckeye Circle. Cos: Eng 171, 221 (Rickenbacker Air Base), Lad 172, 22 (Columbus), Med 172, BN 4, Chief 171. 2 sty apt bldg. FPO/D284 ©
Hamilton Twp (Franklin): W/F 313 Buckeye Circle. RIC: Eng 22 (Columbus), 181 (Madison Twp), Lad 15, BN 181. Lad 172 needs 2nd H/L in and reports fire in attic. FPO/D284 ©
Hamilton Twp (Franklin): *2nd Alarm* 313 Buckeye Circle. Lad 172 Command requesting 2nd Alarm. FPO/D284 ©
Hamilton Twp (Franklin): *2nd Alarm* 313 Buckeye Circle. 2nd Alarm Cos: Same as RIC and add Columbus Res4cuE & Med 171. Roof starting to sag. FPO/D284 ©
Hamilton Twp (Franklin): *2nd Alarm* 313 Buckeye Circle. Eng 181 reports fire in adjoining attic (315). Chief 172 requesting extra medic. Air 172 on scene. Red Cross & Utilities S/C'd. FPO/217/D284 ©
Hamilton Twp (Franklin): *2nd Alarm* 313 Buckeye Circle. Med 181 on scene. Chief 172 reports fire K/D. Holding all companies. FPO/217/D284 ©
Cleveland: W/F 11605 Union. BN 5 reports a 2.5 sty house well involved. 3 Engines, 2 Ladders, Squad 1, & BN 5. FPO/D700 ©
Cleveland: (Delayed) W/F 4626 West 121. BN 3 reported heavy smoke from a 2 sty CMHA bldg. 3 Engines, 2 Ladders, Squad 2, & BN 3. FPO/D700 ©
Columbus: W/F 5312 Shannon Lane. Cos: Eng 11, 27, 19, Lad 72 (Upper Arlington), 27, Res11cuE, Med 11, EMS 17, BN 7, 3, 72. BN 7 (Walton) has command). 2 sty apt bldg. No RIC companies needed. FPO/D284 ©
Columbus: W/F 5312 Shannon Lane. BN 7 reports fire K/D. Holding Eng 11, Med 11, Res11cuE, Lad 72, BN 7. FPO/D284 ©
Cleveland: W/F East 79 & Quincy. BN 1 reports a garage fire. Cos: Eng 9, 26, Lad 17, Squad 1, & BN 1. Lad 7 - RIT. FPO/D703 ©
Columbus: MVA/PIN Jason Way & Bethel Rd. Cos: Eng 19, 11, Med 19, 11, 73 (Upper Arlington), Res11cuE, Res71enG, EMS 17, BN 7. FPO/D284 ©
Columbus: MVA/PIN Jason Way & Bethel Rd. Eng 19 cancelled 2nd Rescue. Res11cuE reports extrication complete. Med 13 enroute. FPO/D284 ©
Columbus: MVA/PIN Jason Way & Bethel Rd. Med 19 to Riverside with herad trauma. Med 11 to Riverside. Med 73 (Upper Arlington) to OSU. FPO/249/D284 ©
--- Pages Today: 23
--- Pages YTD: 1292
NEFNN CONNECTICUT FIRE LOG (http://www.nefnn.com)
-by Scott Harris
1611 W/F+ WEST HAVEN CONN 142 Front Ave 2-story frame dwelling - heavy fire thru the roof
0015 2nd ALM NEW LONDON CONN on Crystal Ave - vacant railroad roundhouse fully involved with collapse
1447 W/F ANDOVER CONN 326 Lake Ave garage fire
2116 W/F HARTFORD CONN Box 719 351 Woodland St vacant 3-story brick with fire showing floor #2 - 1 civilian burn victim
0958 W/F CANAAN CONN (Falls Village) on Prospect Rd building fire - mutual aid tankers
2041 W/F BERLIN CONN 525 Christian Ln "Pandolfes Auto Parts" 10+ cars burning with extension to a shed
2314 ACW NEW BRITAIN CONN 58 Winthrop St - EMS for civilian smoke inhalation victim
1128 W/F SHELTON CONN Long Hill Ave & Rocky Rest Rd house fire
1353 W/F HARTFORD CONN Box 415 13 Putnam Hts "Frog Hollow" 3-story brick - fire floor #3
1650 W/F SUFFIELD CONN Rte 159 and Bridge St brush fire extended to (2) small barn style buildings - mutual aid from Windsor Locks to the fire
1825 2nd ALM ON ARRIVAL NEW BRITAIN CONN 56 Daly Ave 3-story brick OMD - heavy fire rear porches
1609 W/F STRATFORD CONN 639 Birdseye St attic fire 1.5-story frame
1522 W/F MERIDEN CONN 36 Orange St 2.5-story frame - fire floor #2
2039 2nd ALM WATERBURY CONN on Bradley Ave - fire in a condo complex
1247 W/F WILLIMANTIC CONN on Cameo Dr house fire
1437 W/F DANBURY CONN on First St house fire with reported civilian injuries
1624 W/F BRIDGEPORT CONN North Ave & Island Brook Ave heavy fire showing from a 1.5-story frame
*** REPORT FROM THE LINE OF FIRE ***
London Fire Brigade Daily Report
02 April 02
1333 E43 Beckenham 4 pump fire, ALP requested at 11 Foxgrove Ave, 3-sty private dwelling 10m x 10m, 3rd flr fully involved thru roof, using 2 jets, 2 hosereels, Aerial Ladder Platform monitor.
1825 F43 Barking 4 pump fire on River Road, 1-sty building 8m x 4m and 20 tons of rubbish involved, using 3 jets.
1944 F27 Bow 6 PUMP FIRE, CYLINDERS REPORTED at Graham Welding on Hancock Road, 1-sty factory unit 30m x 50m, heavy fire from the roof, large number of acetylene cylinders exposed, 3 jets lashed in place, Aerial Ladder Platform monitor operating, 200-meter hazard zone established, crews withdrawn.
2104 F43 Barking 6 PUMP FIRE on River Road at the Barking Electrical sub station 5m x 3m fully involved extended to 25m x 5m 1-sty paper warehouse and 3 vehicles, using 4 jets, 2 ground monitors and sprinkler system
2218 H29 Purley 15 PUMP FIRE!!! at Cane Hill Hospital on Brighton Road, 2-sty vacant hospital 40m x 50m, basement and both floors fully involved and thru the roof, using 4 jets, water relay operations
0139 F26 Bethnal Green 6 PUMP FIRE, PERSONS REPORTED at Monkswell House on Turin Street, 1st flr apartment fire fully involved using 2 hosereels, 6 civilians rescued over ground ladders, 31 additional civilians rescued, 7 adults and 9 children transported to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.
Runs for the day: 841
03 April 02
1944 F27 Bow 6 PUMP FIRE at Graham Welding on Hancock Road, 1-sty factory 30m x 50m, heavy fire thru roof, using 3 jets, 35 cylinders acetylene and propane cylinders involved.
1038 E27 Erith 4 pump fire at Erith Oil Works on Church Manor Way, fire in an oil seed rape hopper, using 2 jets.
1737 E28 Bexley 4 pump fire at 43 Bean Road, detached garage 4m x 10m fully involved, using 1 jet and 1 hosereel.
2113 F43 Barking 4 pump fire, cylinders involved on Old Power Station Road, 1-sty workshop 6m x 12m and 4 stacks of rubbish involved with unknown number of cylinders involved, defensive operation with 200 meter hazard zone.
Runs for the day: 934
04 April 02
1242 G29 Park Royal 4 pump fire, persons reported at 59 Tubbs Road, 2-sty terraced house 8m x 10m, heavy fire 2nd flr using 1 jet and 2 hosereels.
0232 H31 Croydon Persons reported fire at 30 Saint Peters Street, 2-sty private dwelling 6m x 15m 1st flr fire using 2 hosereels & thermal imaging camera, 1 civilian rescued unconscous.
Runs for the day: 930
05 April 02
0112 E27 Erith Persons reported fire at 264 Brook Street, 2-sty private dwelling 5m x 10m, 1st flr fire using 1 hosereel, 4 civilians escaped, 1 civilian rescued unconscious.
Runs for the day: 908
Runs for the year: 68083
LEWISVILLE, TX: 1 Alarm Structure Fire. Box 327. 1050 Pebblebrook. 1-Story single family dwelling with fire in the attic. Companies led out, building ventilated, all searches clear. Battalion 161, Quint 163, Engines 161, 165, Truck 161, Medic 163, Chiefs 163, 161, Investigator 162, 168, Rehab 162. 2103 Hours.
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 11:32
NUMBER ONE ISLAND GA, Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge, FWS. This fire has grown to 5,168 acres and is located 14 miles SW of Folkston, GA. Area received light rain yesterday keeping fire activity minimal. 33 FF's w/ 2 Eng. + 2 choppers working the fire.
Brooklyn, N.Y. 04/05/02 @ 22:45 hrs.
East New York Section
address: 111 Essex Street
between: Arlington Ave. & Ridgewood Ave.
1911 @ 22:44
Engs. 236, 332, 225
Lads. 175, 107
10 - 75 - 1911 @ 22:48
TowerLadder 120 is designated as the "FAST" Truck
Rescue Co. #2
Squad Co. #252
Batt. 39 Division 15
2 Story Frame 20 x 45
Exp. #1: is a Street
Exp. #2: Is a Similar Type attach
Exp. #3: Is a Rear Yard
Exp. #4: Is a Similar Type attach
All - Hands:
7 - 5 - 1911 @ 22:52
Batt. 44 reports, Using all hands for a fire in the basement of a 2 story frame dwelling. We have 2 - lines stretched, 1 - line in operation. Trucks are "Opening Up" Fire's Doubtful.
@ 22:59 Batt. 44: All searches are negative. Still Doubtful.
Special Call an add. Engine & Truck. Eng. 290 & Lad. 103 are s/c
@ 23:04 Division 15: Primary search thru out the fire bldg. is negative. Trucks are still opening up small pockets of fire in certain areas. Fire is Still Doubtful.
Division 15: Secondary searches still being conducted. Probably Will Hold
Division 15: Secondary searches thru out are negative.
By orders of Deputy Chief Jackson, Division 15, Fire is UnderControl.
***BALTIMORE, MARYLAND FIRE HISTORY***
for April 5th:
1924: 6 Alarms - Box#43 - 636-640 W Pratt St - Downtown West - Fire involved the 6 story brick Carriage & Toy Company warehouse - The building was fully involved & firefighters concentrated their efforts in saving the surrounding highly combustible buildings in the Old Mill block - When the walls of the burning warehouse fell, Lieutenants Michael Beine, E-10, & John Fairley, T-3, received wounds about the legs - Firefighter William Huff, E-15, was burned about the face. (TUH)
1954: 4 Alarms - Box#6524 - Cherryland & Bridgeview Rds - Cherry Hill (South Baltimore) - Fire involved a portable school building. (CHM1)
1979: 5 Alarms - Box#56 - 827 S Howard St - Otterbein (South Of Downtown) - Fire involved a 2 story brick vacant warehouse. (CHM1)
2000: 4 Alarms - Box#29-11 - 1502hrs - 4661-4671 Delaware Ave - Pimlico (Northwest Baltimore) - Fire involved (7) 2 story brick vacant & occupied rowhouses - (Note: Companies with a "*" have since been disbanded) 1st alarm @ 1502hrs = E-29, E-52, E-45, E-44, T-16 from T-27, T-25, & *BC-7* (Now BC-5) - Working fire @ 1507hrs = *T-9*, Air Cascade-1, & BC-4 - 2nd alarm @ 1512hrs = E-46, E-40, E-21, T-10, & Rescue-1 - 3rd alarm @ 1525hrs = E-13 from E-46, E-8, E-20 (LDH), T-18, T-1 (Snorkel), & Shift Commander - 4th alarm @ 1537hrs = *E-19*, E-31, E-4, T-3 from E-46, BC-3, & Assistant Chief Of Operations - Fire under control @ 1614hrs - "A/D" Shifts. (TGA*GTE)
2001: 3 Alarms - Box#54-12 - 0629hrs - 5502 Belair Rd - Gardenville (Northeast Baltimore) - Fire involved the 1 story masonry 40x100 Tim's Automotive Shop - Tactical box @ 0629hrs = E-54, E-27, & T-30 - Fill the box @ 0630hrs = E-42, E-56, T-26, & BC-4 - Working fire @ 0641hrs = T-29, Air Cascade-2, & BC-1 - 2nd alarm @ 0650hrs = E-4, E-33, T-5, & Rescue-1 - 3rd alarm @ 0714hrs = E-41 from E-54, E-44 from E-42, E-31 (LDH), T-16 from T-30, T-1 (Snorkel), BC-2, & Shift Commander - "D" Shift. (RC*GTE*TGA)
2001: Carroll County - 2nd Alarm - Main (Md Rt30) & York Sts - Co#4 - Manchester VFC - Fire involved a dwelling. (GTE)
George T. Ehrman
· The Original Chicago FireHISTORY: April 4, 1957 ENGINE 15 reorganized and TRUCK 59 organized at 8028 S. Kedzie. *April 4, 1959 WATER TOWER 4 (6-2-4) relocated to 4659 S. Wentworth at Engine 50. This was G145 the 1958 GMC/ Pitman 50’ Snorkel (the FIRST Snorkel) that was organized 10/14/58 @ Engine 1. Also, WATER TOWER 5 (6-2-5) organized at 324 S. DesPlaines at Engine 5 with a 1959 Ford/Hi-Ranger 75’ Snorkel. **April 5, 1968 the first fire after the start of the riots following the death of Dr. Martin Luther King started at 2235 W. Madison in an appliance store. The late Bob Freeman, driving the 18th Battalion Chief, pulled Box 560 – which was the start of arson, looting and destruction never seen in Chicago – before or since. Hundreds of buildings burned and the suburbs were called to help. Most of the vacant lots on Madison today, west from Leavitt (2200 W.), were the result of the riots. [CHGO-18]. 9:00p.m.
Spring Hill Fire Rescue, FL web page. It has department information including "On Scene" section concerning recent incidents complete with pictures. Communications Officer Ed Guillen is our "webmaster" and has spent many on and off duty hours developing the page. He developed the page in house at no cost to the District. We are proud of our site, when time allows take a look. Come back often as the "webmaster" is making constant updates.
Thanks for taking the time to read us brag!!
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
NEFNN (New England Fire Inc)
PO Box 590387
Newton Mass 02459
paging carrier Arch Wireless
Paging fire info since 1989 oldest known group around.
Paging fires from all of New England, New York, New Jersey and Major cities thru-out the United States and Canada.
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
Box 8 Club of St. Louis Inc.
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportfirstname.lastname@example.org
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2002 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: World Of Fire Report: 04-05-02
04-08-2002, 12:03 AM #1
World Of Fire Report: 04-05-02
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)