Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Talking Grants for Explorer Posts

I am one of the Advisors for the City of Riverside Fire Explorer Post 101 in California. I am trying to find any information I can get regarding education grants for my post. Our goal is yto get grant money to purchase new turnout gear, helmets, etc... We do have turnouts and helmets, however, it is equipment handed down to us by the Riverside Fire Dept, that they were going to toss out if we didn't want it. It is sufficent for basic explorer training, but we feel it is unsafe for Explorer Academies, live fire training, etc... If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Jesse D. Aronson
    Associate Advisor/Webmaster
    City of Riverside Fire Explorer Post 101
    http://www.explorerpost101.org

Default Grants

There are many places you can look for grants...but...they are hard to get. Lots of competition. Grant writing is also a tedius task and takes the know how of someone who can do your justification. Lots of hard work.

I suggest you first try your civic organizations in the community, Lions Club, Soroptomist, Elks Lodge, Moose Lodge, Jaycees, any club you can think of that boasts "we support the community!" Lay it out for them and see what you get. The worst they can say is NO!

Then...start preparing yourself for next years FEMA Grants and apply. You will never know if you could have gotten the money unless you ask.

Also, you can try raising money on your on. It is time consuming and takes dedication and participation from entire post. Perhaps a boot drive, a photo drive. I saw one department in Florida raise enough money (of course due to tourist) to buy a thermal imager by having one of those jars in McDonalds that are full of water and you drop coins in to win food. May take longer there if no tourist...but if you raise$5.00 it is more than you had.

Great post by the way...
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Thread Information