Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fire Season

Question Fire Season

I was wondering when does your department start to recieve brush/grass fire calls? Many departments around my area have already started receiving them. It gets really bad around July down here. Usually when a brush fire gets paged out in July, they usually request mutual aid right after the tones drop, or at least have another department on stand-by.
    BC

We fight what you fear

Forum Member

We normally start to recieve them right around may, june, somewhere in that area, and we run a lot of them. A lot up in the median of the expressway, shoulders of roads, corn fields, woods, you name it thats where we go. We normally don't have any mutual aid cause none of them really amount to anything. We just use the tanker and a trash line or if its it really small, we use our old metal honkie tanks (can't call them indian tanks anymore, might be considered offensive by indians...grrrrrr!)
    Have a nice day.
    Firefighter/EMT Mitch Cowen
    Hose Co. 1 1st Lieutenant
    Randolph Fire Co. Inc

Post Fire Season

Fire season in North East Texas starts in late may and doesn't stop until the first frost of the winter (bit of an exaggeration). We ( the explorers) have recieved many classes on wildland firefighting, and I have obtained a certification from TFS in basic/intermediate wildland firefighting. For the most part the department itself is a bit under trained for wildland firefighting and doesn't quite grasp the concept of PPE. I stress it and will not back down on a scene on an explorer who is not wearing his/hers. A big pet peave.

Cody Winniford
    Captain - Explorer Post 200
    Talco Texas

As soon as the snow melts we go in the woods. Its usually worse in May-August, but continues right up to the snow comes.
    Member IACOJ & IACOJ EMS Bureau
    New England FOOL
    "LEATHER FOREVER"
    As always these are strictly my own opinions and views

Default Fire season??

I live in Idaho and since last week we have been flooded with burn requests. Although know fire yet this season is going to be big

FDNY we will never forget you losses on 9/11

Well, I just got back from a brush fire... We usually don't get many brush calls until May, but this year has been different. This is kinda odd considering we have had a pretty good bit of rain. I think we're up to about 5 brush calls (in the last 2 weeks) now.

Right now.
    May we never forget our fallen, worldwide.

I.A.C.O.J. Safety/Traffic Control Officer

E6511

"Who's Who Among American Teachers" - 2005, 2006 Honoree

Default Already started

Actually we've already had a few runs for brush/grass fires. It's mostly stupid stuff that start them around this time( cigarettes and burning trash). There isn't a FD in a 20mile radius that hasn't had at least one yet. I have a feeling this might be a busy summer for em.

code_blue81
    Jeremy Culver
    IACOJ Bureau of EMS

These views are my own and do not represent the views or opinions of anyambulance service that I am affiliated with.

Help our fellow firefighters.
    www.helpingourown.com
    "Firefighters Helping Firefighters"

It's been pretty dry around here lately, so we've gotten quite a few over the past few weeks.

Megan

The paid department downtown actually had a decent brush fire last week, got a few new cars going and all. It was in the brush around some train tracks, and there isn`t much brush to burn downtown so it was a freak thing. We`ll probably get some this summer, but I can`t remember anything needing anything except a trash line in years.

Thread Information