Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just an idea...

Question Just an idea...

Sitting around thinking about stuff I just had an idea.

Since 09-11 we in the fire service have all been struggling to recover and to help our brothers and sisters in FDNY. We have done boot drives, softball games, sold T-Shirts, Stickers, Hats....you name it...and it has most likely been done.

Then I thought...there is a simple thing we have not done that could produce major cash and there would be minimal expense. Only requirement would be a way to audit to insure all is going to the FDNY Widows and Childrens Fund. There would have to be a central point for collection and a sole distribution point for a one time deal.

Here it is......(and the only thing I don't know is how we would reach everyone and pull this off) but...If on a certain day...say 09-11-02 all firefighters and EMS personnel in the U.S. (how many)reach in their pocket and pull out $2.00. If you dont have $2.00 in your pocket then send the change you have. It goes to that central place what would collect the money for 14 days...that way everyone has a chance to get it there...(for those that still use pony express mail) and after 14 days, the account would be audited and the money sent to FDNY Widows and Childrens Fund via Cashiers Check and the account closed.

How much would this raise? (I know it is still only a drop in the bucket) There is the idea...if anyone has a way to put it in motion....jump on it.

God Bless Our Fallen Brothers....Across the Nation...
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

If everyone responded to this good idea it would mean a great deal of money. Hopefully someone will see this and act. Good idea CaptStan

Thumbs up

Sounds like a great idea to me. I guess it's all a matter of knowing the right people to set it up.

Megan

I figured a few folks would think this was a good idea. i am hoping someone who has the contacts to make it happen reads it.
    BMI Investigator
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

MembersZone Subscriber
    No. Providence R.I. : Land of the "How ya doins"

Great idea Cap! Just need to get word out and set up a system.

It does sound great. I'm sure that it would raise a great deal of money that would end up going to the right place

How about instead of $2 we make it $3.43, a penny for every brother lost?

Great Idea, props to captstanm1.

Great suggestion Greg...you outdid me on that one!

Hopefully someone will pick this up and figure out how to logistically manage it!
    BMI Investigator

Lets just try to keep it near the top for now. Maybe someone will pick up on it and help out.

Bump

Thread Information