Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber ChiefReason's Avatar

Default Resume needing a "few" updates!

Just read the story in Firehouse about the resume controversy brewing in DC. Sounds like it is getting nasty. Mayor Williams is being told to get it resolved or fire Chief Few. Though I believe that our chief in South Carolina is getting screwed, you won't get any argument out of me on this one.
    Save yourselves some grief. Write your own resumes and state only fact.
    Resumes should be found in the biography section of your life and not be a work of fiction!
    DC Fire; as if you need more crap in your lives. Maybe.....just maybe?
    Stay safe.

Thumbs up

Amen Chief........
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

JTL

Chief Reason

True words. It bites you and when it does it alaways seems to come in the middle of other controversy. He is a lame duck chief. Perhaps now he will "proofread" his resume.

MembersZone Subscriber

I just might be able to believe that ONE resume was "improperly handled" by support staff....But Chief Few AND all three of his "Chief" Deputies? I might suggest that anytime any of us thinks that things are really bad at our respective departments that we take a "few" seconds(sorry!) to think about DCFD.

It does gimme a warm fuzzy to know that the DC fellas have performed in an outstanding/professional manner irregardless of the goings on downtown. Without a doubt- this is the standard we should all aim for.......

In so much as canning the Chief :

"And there was much rejoicing....."
    Rob

"Well done is better than well said" - B. Franklin

Thank You all for your support of the DCFD. As most realize, there is an incredible amount of talented and dedicated members within the department and most if not all are embarrassed with the current administration. We can only hope that that slow train to Georgia is about ready to board, and on it are our fire chief, assistants, and any of his other false resume' appointees. Remember, our department is built on years of tradition, and we are 1300+ strong, it is these members who make the department..... Long live the traditon, only set back the last 16 months, but who's counting.....

Temporarily/No Longer Active

How convient, "oh I didn't write it", it wasn't me, I didn't do it, must have een a mistake, but is sure was convient and well timed at the right time.

JTL

but is sure was convient and well timed at the right time.
    Exactly

When Few needed the job he was willing to pad his resume. It then becomes easy to blame it on another person who prepared it. This chief has more holes in him than swiss cheese. I hate to say it but if he were not a minority he would have already been handed his head on a platter. As it is, more mud has to be thrown. I hope that DC can find someone with a plan to move that department out of the doldrums and into the 21st century. The men and women of the department, as well as the citizens of DC, deserve it.

Temporarily/No Longer Active

Gee, a check to Dr. Harry and the chief could say, "heck no I don't have a Masters I have a Doctorate, see!"

Old Fric:
    Where ya at on this one? You busy doing post-FDIC stuff?
    Get in here; this one is way too easy.
    DC is a shining example of professionalism under fire; a department who can operate in spite of their "chief".
    T4LIFE:
    You're going to send him to Georgia? Russia or U.S.?
    RSchmidt:
    The fact that the entire upper command have questionable qualifications isn't coincidental but criminal. Can you say "continuing criminal enterprise"? Fraud? Conspiracy to commit fraud? Deviate criminal sexual assault because these four guys have
    "screwed" the entire U.S. fire service with their selfish acts.
    I hope that they never work in the fire service again.
    Whoops! Innocent until proven guilty. Dammit!
    I'll reserve my opinion until further notice.
    How many officers does it take to deceive a department? A Few!
    Stay safe.

How nice - blame the poor administrative assistant who prepared your resume.

Somehow, flat-out untruths would pop out while proofreading....if he did at all.

One word for his excuse. LAME>
    Spec. Krista M. Aukeman, United States Army

Some day, in years to come, you will be wrestling with the great temptation, or trembling under the great sorrow of your life. But the real struggle is here, now, in these quiet weeks. Now it is being decided whether, in the day of your supreme sorrow or temptation, you shall miserably fail or gloriously conquer. Character cannot be made except by a steady, long continued process.
    - Phillips Brooks

MembersZone Subscriber
    No. Providence R.I. : Land of the "How ya doins"

As the good Chief said above, ironic that the entire command staff had bogus resumes. This guy is a mutt and a moron who should have been fired along with the other three clowns as soon as the discrepancies were confirmed. It is apparent the Mayor doesn't have the stones to fire him, especially after the article stated that he dragged his feet firing the parks director. These guys are a black mark to the fire service and they should never work in the fire service again! To the brothers in DCFD, my best wishes, and hope you guys get a chief that realizes the outstanding job you guys do in spite of all the bulls***. Stay Strong!

MembersZone Subscriber

Exclamation IT'S NOT THE ENTIRE COMMAND STAFF!!!

Some of you are posting that it's the entire command staff that is in question. The only people on his staff that have lied are the three carpet baggers he brought with him from Georgia.

MembersZone Subscriber
    No. Providence R.I. : Land of the "How ya doins"

My bad! I stand corrected! Change it to the "3 carpet baggers in my previous post!

Thumbs down BRETHREN!

Let me try and give you an idea of what kind of people the brothers form D.C. have to deal with.
    It was on the Washington news reports today that the Mayor of D.C., a "DEMOCRAT" is holding a fundraiser for a "REPUBLICAN" Congresswoman! Need I say more on how big a moron they are dealing with!

Peace!

JTL

Chief Reason - I am old fric

JTL:
    Sorry; I didn't get the memo on that!
    I will drop you a PM.

JTL

No problem!!! I decided nicknames were not best for me so I am using my initials. Stay safe brother!

"The Artist Formerly Known as Old Fric" perhaps?

Why do I feel as though we will be hearing about more cases like this in the future? RESUME CHECK!!!!!!!!!!!
    May we never forget our fallen, worldwide.

I.A.C.O.J. Safety/Traffic Control Officer

E6511

"Who's Who Among American Teachers" - 2005, 2006 Honoree

Thread Information