Default Holmatro hilift type jacks

Has anyone used any of the hilift type jacks available from Holmatro?? Does the operating handle ratchet up and down or make complete revolutions?
    They look to be more versatile than a Hi-lift since you can lift from the side of an object or position the jack directly underneath and lift with the top of the jack.
    If you have any firsthand knowledge of these tools, would you recommend their purchase?
    Here's a photo..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

FIGJAM

Thumbs up

It looks like a variation on what we call the Trewalla Jack. If it is, we take them to every car into building we get called to. I've got some photos of it in use soemwhere on my PC- I'll find them and post them. (Our Trewalla looks similar except it has the "normal" jacking motion to operate it...)

We used it recently at a car that reversed into a double besser brick wall. It knocked out the bottom few rows of the brick support pillar. We simply put the jack in, cranked it up to hold the weight of the wall/pillar, removed the car and left the jacks in place until the builders arrived to assess and repair the damage....

Luke

FIGJAM

I found the photo's!

I forgot to mention, assuming the holmatro ones are similar to the trewalla's we are using in the photos- look out! They're heavy! 2 people required to lift them....
    Luke

FIGJAM

Kbud- you're also correct in that you can lift from the side as we have done in these photos, but also straight off the top, the same as a ram would....
    Luke

Bud,
    It's a railroad jack to me. Yes, I've used it over here & at ICET in Netherlands-they work well. Not quite as high as a high lift jack. Lifts quite a bit but has some of the same problems as the high lift jack-small footprint & contact area.
    Hope this helps!
    Be safe,
    Dave D
    Be dynamic..or go home!

Default HOMATRO JACK

LOOKS LIKE YOU GOT YOUR PICTURE FROM THE HOLMATRO WEB SITE. THE SPECS. FOR THE 22,000 LB. UNIT, IT HAS A CRANK HANDLE, IS 31 IN. TALL AND LIFTS 11". IT ALSO WEIGHS 93 LBS. OUCH!!!

Thread Information