We are getting samples and looking into getting new supply line. a lot of what is comming in is polyester outer jacket. Do you use it, is it hard to wash, can you put it back wet? I do know it's lighter. What we have now is rubber covered.
What do you think?
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: Hose maintenance
04-16-2002, 08:54 AM #1
- Join Date
- Mar 2001
- NF / Canada
04-16-2002, 12:37 PM #2
For any new lines go either plastic or synthetic. easier to clean and can be repacked several times with little to no cleaning.Member IACOJ & IACOJ EMS Bureau
New England FOOL
As always these are strictly my own opinions and views
04-19-2002, 05:38 PM #3
- Join Date
- Dec 2001
- Leesburg, Virginia, USA
What size hose?
Is the hose you're considering LDH?
I've used both vinyl and conventional rubber lined / polyester jacket LDH. They each have some advantages and disadvantages.
+ Easy to clean, can be racked wet and somewhat dirty
+ Durable, though pinhole leaks are common
- Very heavy!!! Takes two people to lift a section of 5" (100')
- Tends to be slippery and stiff when new, making falling off the truck more common that you'd like!!
+ A little more abrasion resistant than vinyl and a lot more resistant to cuts
- Difficult to clean (100' sections) We don't have a hose washer for our LDH (do they even make them for LDH?) so just trying to find space to lay out each section can be tough
- Most hose towers cannot accomodate 100' sections, so drying must be done on the bay floor
- Tends to pick up more dirt than the vinyl
My personal preference would be for vinyl, just because I think maintenance is a little simpler. Others may have different ideas, so talk to neighboring companies for their experiences.
I will tell you that we tried vinyl attack line and that was an absolute disaster!! Be cut both sections within 2 weeks of putting it on our test pumper. You have to be very careful where you drag an attack line made of this stuff!!!
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)