Forum Member

Thumbs up Big thumbs up to Morningside VFD

Just read the report the other day about Morningside (Maryland) VFD
    who paid for the funeral of a small child they had rescued from a fire when they heard that the family could not afford the costs.

This is yet another example of why this has to be one of the noblest jobs in the world. It was heart warming to see that they realised life must go one even after somthing like this and were able to make the pain of the tragedy a little more bearable for the family.

Time & time again I feel we are the most caring organisation in the world. This has just re-inforced that feeling. Well done & best wishes to all at Morningside.

Stay Safe
    United Kingdom branch, IACOJ.

Thumbs up MorningsideVFD!!!!

I will back you up, all of you vollies and career pipe-dogs, any day of the week.
    BubbaBingo
    Engine Co 37
    Baltimore County MD

MembersZone Subscriber

No. Providence R.I. : Land of the "How ya doins"

Just proves to the world what we already know. Firefighters are the best people on earth!!

JTL

Bravo!

Forum Member

Classy move guys! Kudos!
    May we never forget our fallen, worldwide.

I.A.C.O.J. Safety/Traffic Control Officer

E6511

"Who's Who Among American Teachers" - 2005, 2006 Honoree

Temporarily/No Longer Active

Thumbs up

GOOD FOR THEM!!! BUT let us stress the "V ." "Vollies" have already proved themselves as "upstanding citizines." They give of their time, tallents, Love & "service 2 their fellow man" (read person). EVER see an I.A.F.F.'s rep or "Business" agent stand up and do this???

Ya'll on this site who give "vollies" such a hard time, i.e. stealing your jobs, needed 2 join the I.A.F.F., givin' 'em grief for not bein' Professonial ; this just shows how human all them "vollies" is!

It's one thing 2 get paid 2 save a strangers home or life; it's a whole different animal 2 rush in 4 FREE !!! Maybe we can ALL learn a little from these people, huh?

Just a thought; Peace.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Chill out Denver

This was a great thing these Brothers did, don't cheapen it by bringing up this endless paid vs. volly BS.

If you read the articles, you'll see that MVFD is a combination department. These Brothers apparently work well together. Something we ALL should do.

I know that the IAFF local near me supports numerous charities, as most of them probably do.

Give Morningside the praise and credit they deserve and leave the rest of that petty crap out of it.

Just my 2 cents...

Good job Morningside, you make us all proud!
    Last edited by WTFD10; 04-24-2002 at 07:46 AM.
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

There were career and volunteer on the piece that rescued the kids. They obviously are able to put aside their differences in this case (Bravo!). But there are many tensions right now in PG between IAFF and the volunteers. I am not going to knock the carreer guys or get into an argument about resolution 43, but hopefully someone will take this deed to heart and can get past their petty differences and realize that we all do the samae job.

Good job MVFD!!!
    THE ABOVE REFLECTS MY OPINIONS AND IN NO WAY REFLECTS THOSE OF MY DEPARTMENT.

Forum Member

Let it be noted that not all volunteers are out here looking to start something and pound our chests ... like one in particular.

On that note ... what Morningside Fire Dept. did was a wonderful thing for the community and is just one of many things being done to help our public image.

Well done.

Stay Safe

Default Way to go..

DenverFarmBoy,
    Go pick another post to pat yourself on the back.
    BubbaBingo
    BCoFD/ECVFD Co.37

MembersZone Subscriber

Denver-
    Chill out. Also, please do not use numbers in place of words, it really knocks down any credibility that you might have.

Eric

District Chief

Default Dont spoil a good thing

Denverfarmboy...have you ever heard of anger management classes?

A department in PG County Maryland finally does something that gets the department good press and you want to make it a volunteer vs career or IAFF issue.

My hat is off to them for what they did.

Let the other issues be! But...just so you know...I know of IAFF locals that have done similar things for families, like participating in habitat for hunmanity or donating to that etc....

I am not siding with the IAFF here...this should not bve an issue in this post.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Sr. Information Officer

Thumbs down Re: DenverFarmBoy

I will be brief and to the point.

"I am returning this otherwise good typing paper to you because someone has printed gibberish all over it and put your name at the top."

- an English Professor at Ohio University
    "You can observe a lot just by watchin'."

Yogi Berra

MembersZone Subscriber

No. Providence R.I. : Land of the "How ya doins"

HEY DENVERFARMBOY, KEEP THAT GARBAGE OUT OF THESE POSTS. I'M ON BOTH SIDES AND WE DO THE SAME JOB. GO FIND A WILLING SHEEP!
    "I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we know the work which a fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling."

Edward F. Croker
    Chief 1899-1911
    Fire Dept. City of New York

HOOK N' CAN of the I.A.C.O.J.

I have to step back in and agree, that this should not be looked at as volunteer vs. career, this is a case of firefighters showing our true colors. Again, Good Job!
    THE ABOVE REFLECTS MY OPINIONS AND IN NO WAY REFLECTS THOSE OF MY DEPARTMENT.

Default okay oKay Okay

All right sorry for kickin' the farmboy in the jimmies. But we all dont need to jump on him in this post.

BubbaBingo

Thread Information