Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Talking

Originally posted by sergeant125
    I'm reading this 'bout these leather boots, and I'm liking it!

What is the ave. cost, and a good brand to start out with?

I'll probably have to purchase my own, but I want something lighter than the Servus I'm currently wearing.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up Re: Leather Boots

I agree Leather boots are the way to go. As far as cost we found we got a much better price when we got about 5 o 6 stations to go in on the purchase. As far as the wear on the toes, we found in you treat the toes with a special compound made for hockey skates they hold up much longer and currently have pairs 4 to 5 years old with the toes completely intact.(you can get this stuff from sporting good stores)

MembersZone Subscriber

Smile Leather firefighting boots

We went to leather boots last year. They are the greatest! Hopefully if you get into a haz-mat incident you will be able to charge the cost of the boots to the spiller.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default leather boots

Our department has been issuing leathers as we replace footwear. They are the best damn piece of turnout gear I have. They can be expensive compared to rubbers but your feet will thank you. I would be careful of the "sno-seal". They can seal up your boot to the point where your feet can't brethe. Leathers fit like a tennis shoe. No false ankle support.

sprink35
    IAFF L 1511

All the talk about leather boots and the research I have been doing lately on the boots caused me to purchase my very first pair.

I have Warrington Pro's on the way and will let you know what I think. Been wearing rubber for 12 years so maybe I will feel like an idiot for waiting for so long.

Stay tuned....

MembersZone Subscriber

I switched from rubber to leather about 4 months ago, went with the Warringtons. I love them, I could fall asleep in them. Though I wish they didn't scratch or scuff as easily as they have.. Anyone have tricks or secrets? I dont think I can handle seeing another scrape in the leather

BTW- some of the guys have La Crosse and Black Diamond here, they think my Warringtons are more comfortable, so if anyone is debating over what brand i'd say spend the extra and get the Warringtons

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up

I HAVE BEEN WEARING WARRINGTON PROS FOR OVER 12 YEARS NOW. THE FIRST PAIR LASTED 9 YEARS AND STILL HAD A SMALL AMOUNT OF LEATHER LEFT ON THE TOES. AFTER ABOUT 7 YEARS WITH MY ORIGINAL PAIR THE LINING SEPERATED FROM THE BOOT, I SENT THEM IN AND THEY INJECTED GLUE BETWEEN THE LINING AND BOOT. I NEVER HAD ANOTHER PROBLEM WITH THEM. ALL BOOTS ARE SLIPPERY TO WEAR IN THE WINTER, BUT THE WARRINGTONS ARE A LITTLE WORSE THAN RUBBER. THAT WOULD BE MY ONE AND ONLY COMPLAINT (IF YOU WANT TO CALL IT THAT). AS FAR AS WARMTH AND COMFORT THEY RIVAL ANYTHING I HAVE EVER HAD ON MY FEET. I CARRY MY GEAR IN MY PERSONAL VEHICLE, AND HAVE PULLED THEM OUT MANY TIMES IN SUB ZERO WEATHER AND HAVE NEVER HAD THEM TAKE MORE THAN A COUPLE MINUTES TO WARM UP.

Try Tradition Footwear..... www.fireboot.com

They have a newer style boot that is far superior to most...even the new HAIX boot. Contact them for your nearest local distributor. I think you will like them.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up leather fireboots

Leather fire boots are the best PPE I have ever worn on my feet. They are light-weight and give excellent footing working on a roof. I use the warrington pro 14" pull up's.

jasonsfd LADDER5
    IAFF L 2801
    WOODEN LADDERS AND IRON MEN

Thread Information