Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Do you have bunkers?

do all you juniors/explorers/cadets/etc. have bunkers, i know that our dept doesnt give juniors bunkers till were 16(we can join at 16) when we take essentials/basic?
    IACOJ

Yes all of our explorers after completing some basic training and showing a commitmnet to the post are issued bunker gear- coat,helmet,pants,gloves. Anything else, i always had a hood for training and cold weather, is up to the explorer.
    Member IACOJ & IACOJ EMS Bureau
    New England FOOL
    "LEATHER FOREVER"
    As always these are strictly my own opinions and views

Forum Member

i have everything i will ever need as a junior. pants, coat, boots, gloves, and a hood. plus i have some of my own stuff in there like a cpr barrier, and a knife. that hasnt been used yet at a fire.
    "Let's Roll." Todd Beamer 9/11 first soldier in the war on terror

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. And to the republic for which it stands ONE NATION UNDER GOD indivisible,with liberty, and justice for all.

I.A.C.O.J. Probie and darn proud of it.

Waynesboro, VA, possibly relocating to Virginia Beach in the near future!

Yes, I have bunker gear, but I'm lucky I have it. Currently our department does not issue gear to junior members. But in my case, my dad kept his old gear, in case he decides to respond directly to the scene if he's not on-duty that day. Thank God we're both the same size!!!
    These are my opinions, not those of my career department, my volunteer company, or my affiliates. And by the way, I'm not a Junior.

Buy me a drink, sing me a song, take me as I come 'cause I can't stay long.

Johnny Greene: 2/3/45-5/2/04
    Forever in our hearts

Yeah everyone active, or junior has gear in my department. Being at a fire without it would be breaking about a million rules, and personally if I`m at a scene where I need to work, even just hauling stuff around, I get things done a lot better with gear. Wearing shorts and a T-Shirt I get too concerned about hurting myself on something.

Once a member turns in an application they are issued gear. For probies and junior it may not be the newest gear but it works. If we have no more gear we will usually order more.

Here we do get full gear. However it is a little big and it is used. I also didn't get gear until about five to six months once I joined. You really do have to show comitment and show your officers that you know the basics.

hee hee, i just got a brand-new set of structure gear of course, that's cos im the only guy small enough and tall enough to fit it, but hey. one of our firefighters "left" and so i inherited his gear. unused, man. not even a spot of soot. i gotta do somthing about that!
    JC Makusztak
    Explorer Lieutenant/Firefighter Trainee
    San Bernardino County Fire Dept.
    Station 20, Lytle Creek

Default Bunker Gear

We only have 3 Explorers, but we all have full bunker gear. My bunker pants are really big- I have to sort of 'hop' to get on the first step of the truck- but it works fine. Besides, I have new gear for when I graduate- so waddling around in my huge bunker pants now is really going to make me appreciate my new gear when I get it!

If we have extra gear...we give it to the Juniors. What good is it doin just layin around. Might as well put it on someone. Half the time we dont really need it. But we have it.
    Visit us at http://www.randolphfire.org

Exclamation UPDATW

last night, we were issued bunkers, yay, all of my juniors are very excited to have them, there a lil old, but we arent going in anyway, so its all good
    IACOJ

Thread Information