Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy death of a FDNY EMT

My thoughts and prayers are with the family of Andre Lahens, an EMT with the FDNY. He died a week after a drunk driver hit the ambulance he was working on while responding to a call.

May we never forget this wonderful man.

Andre-peace be with you
    Alisa Tappana, NREMT-B/CNA

All the views, comments, etc expressed herein are mine and not those of my training program or my employer.

"You can't make footprints in the sands of time if you're sitting on your butt. And who wants to make buttprints in the sands of time?"
    -Bob Mowad

Administrator

Just to clarify for everyone, while certainly a tragic accident, the New York Post today INCORRECTLY reported the victim had died.

We have an excellent relationship with the Post following 9-11 and unfortunately they posted incorrect information which we then picked up. It is certainly a rare occurance, especially given the circumstances here.

They have taken down their story -- which appear in today's editions of their paper -- as we did immediately upon learning that in fact the EMT remains in critical condition at the hospital.

Thanks
    WebTeam

Sr. Information Officer NJFFSA16's Avatar

Unhappy UPDATE

CONFIRMED
    Confirmation from the official New York City website:

Mayor Bloomberg and Fire Commissioner Scoppetta sadly announce the death of Fire Department EMT Andre Lahens

Friday, April 26, 2002 - Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Fire Commissioner Nicholas Scoppetta today announced the death of Fire Department EMT Andre Lahens, age 47, of EMS Battalion 39 in Brooklyn. EMT Lahens, a 25-year veteran of the FDNY EMS Bureau, died earlier today as a result of injuries sustained in the line of duty on April 18, 2002.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/html/home2.html

Rest in peace Andre. God bless and comfort his family and friends!
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Thread Information