MembersZone Subscriber

Default Cordless Hydraulic tools ?!?!

Other than the obvious pictures linked below - anyone seen these yet ?

Apparently these are 24V battery powered versions of the 3120 Combi Tool and/or the 3010 O-Cutter.

From what I have read on the Holmatro web site - these units run on the DeWalt 24VDC battery pack and/or the 110VAC/24VDC adapter.

I'll reserve judgement until I can get these baby's in my hot little hands to play with - but off the cuff I think a light rescue equipped with a 'Cip saw, one of these Combi Tools, a few hand tools, extra battery pack (or two), and the AC/DC adapter might just be a neat thing.

I can also see this becoming a nich item for confined space teams - maybe even for RIT/FAST teams - who knows.

{For those who might have seen this post under the Cordless saw training info thread - I moved it here to a thread of it's own. Dunno what I was thinking when I put it there anyway}
    Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
    Stephen
    FF/Paramedic
    Instructor

Forum Member

Ok.. where is the webpage on these things? What are the technical ratings on them? I have yet to get to use a PowerHawk, and now I need to find one of these things to play with also.
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey Metal - take a look at www.holmatro-usa.com

Once you "dig" down into the site from the main page you will see to small text links that lead you to the spec's.

If you happen to get some of these to play with before I do then you have GOT to come tell us all about it.
    Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
    Stephen
    FF/Paramedic
    Instructor

Forum Member

Looks hella heavy......

At Indy the claim was for a 12 minute run time. We all know what happens to a sawzall battery under constant load, once it heats up it will not be anywhere close to a 12 minute window.

Thumbs up

Have had hands on experience with this tool. It is very impressive, but the tool is not made to be a primary tool. Great for a rescue squad or compliment for your other tools. Lookin at about 15,000 of cutting and 10000 of spreading. Weight is about 30 lbs. These number are all "ball-park" can't remember for sure.

Forum Member

Here are the specs from their webpage

BCT3120

Called the SCRT (Self Contained Rescue Tool).

Spreading force at the back of the tips: 11,690 psi
    Cutting force at the notch: 49,000 psi
    Cutting force on the blade: 18,660 psi
    10.5 inch spread travel

They do not list the spreading force at the end of the tips, but we know that would be significantly less than at the back of them. I agree, this is not a tool you want to rely on to do the job, but if the price is reasonable, it would be nice to have on a ring that would not normally carry any tools or to compliment what you already have. I think the answer to battery life would be to #1 - have the real hydraulics on their way and #2 - buy the AC adapter for the Dewalt battery.
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

Forum Member

I just returned home from the Mid-Atlantic Extrication Comp and I specificaly went to the Holmatro rep to see this new tool. He didn't have one with him but we did go over the lit and specs. It was 6 years in the works as a joint effort between DeWalt and Holamtro (how did they keep that cat in the bag?). It is NOT and electric tool, it is a trus hydralic tool driven by an electric motor. The motor and computer is all Dewalts. The 24 volt battery drives a Dewalt motor that is ablut the size of a soup can. From there a belt drives the Holmatro hydro pump which is about the size of a soda can (pop can for some of you) Total weight is 33 pounds. Battery life will be about 12 minutes but with a backup figure 20-25 minutes of actual tool use. The brochure shows options such as confined space, high angle, wilderness, swat teams, RIT, even in house industrial use. All in all, I think it's pretty cool. And we all must admit, like them or not, if it comes out of the Holmatro plant you can count on performance. I know many of them personaly, the Holmatro name will never go on a tool that does not do what they say it can do. I can't wait to play with one.

Zmag

Thread Information