Forum Member

Originally posted by fdfire
    SO no MPO's died, the ratio is wrong for LT's to FF's why weren't they with their crews or what gives?
    Let's see ... either a LT or Capt. was w/ every 3.7 FF's. I'd say they were w/ their crews. Considering each company has 1 Captain and 2 LT's, all of the ratios are almost right on. Throw in the fact that most companies were double staffed due to shift change, and many FF's responded on their own ... there are a ton of variables. Nonetheless, you're wrong. The ratios are reasonable.

You got your answer, re-rezad the post, it is quite clear,
    Yep, you would have staged in New Jersey and let all the civilians fend for themselves. Does staging in the next state give you a higher ISO rating, Larry?

at least 24 less guys would have died, maybe a hundred.
    And a few thousand more civilians would have died. It's good to know that you're not willing to risk your life for a civilian. That way, if you ever show up in my town, I'll know not to count on you.

Now, why don't you answer the original question asked of you PA FIREFIGHTER? "? What would you have done?"
    What would I have done? I have no freakin' idea. I probably would have done the same thing that was done. But then again, I'm not on here second guessing what was done, like you are.

Why don't you give a straight-forward answer and spell out step by step what you would have done, since you think you know it all.

Keep trying to put out fires w/ books, Larry. Maybe someday it will work.

Stay Safe

JTL

Well this thread went to hell on a freight train.
    Last edited by JTL; 05-01-2002 at 04:22 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Lardass*,

It must be tough realizing your opinions are loathed by the entire fire community. You continue to create new names and continue to post. What makes it so easy for everyone to see, is this, your total hatred and disdain for the FDNY. For years you have spouted your swill for no other reason than to draw attention to yourself.

You have been kicked out of every fire publication you ever worked for. You’ve been kicked out of these forums more than Billy Martin. You reported a member of these forums to their superiors, why? You continue to come back here, why? What is it you think you have to offer the fire service?

At what point will you put your name to your words so the poor people who pay you for your ISO consultation services will see who they are dealing with. Have a few more shots and think about where your life has gone. Once you see just how pitiful you really are, use one more shot to put yourself out of our misery.

Temporarily/No Longer Active

SO no MPO's died, the ratio is wrong for LT's to FF's why weren't they with their crews or what gives?

SO WHAT ABOUT MPOS?

Let's see ... either a LT or Capt. was w/ every 3.7 FF's. I'd say they were w/ their crews. Considering each company has 1 Captain and 2 LT's, all of the ratios are almost right on. Throw in the fact that most companies were double staffed due to shift change, and many FF's responded on their own ... there are a ton of variables. Nonetheless, you're wrong. The ratios are reasonable.
    OH I’M WRONG HUH, TH RATIOS STAY THE SAME WHEN OFF DUTY GUYS COME IN TOO HUH?
    quote:

You got your answer, re-rezad the post, it is quite clear,

Yep, you would have staged in New Jersey and let all the civilians fend for themselves. Does staging in the next state give you a higher ISO rating, Larry?
    SO YOU FIGHT ALL YOR FIRES WITH COMMAND INSIDE THE FIRE BUILDING? SO THIS SHOULD BE THE NORM FOR THE FUTURE, PLANE HITS BUILDING PUT AS MANY CHIEFS INSIDE AS POSSIBLE. FIGURES YO’D SUGEST THAT.

quote:

at least 24 less guys would have died, maybe a hundred.

And a few thousand more civilians would have died. It's good to know that you're not willing to risk your life for a civilian. That way, if you ever show up in my town, I'll know not to count on you.
    YEAH HAVING COMMAND IN A SAFE PLACE WOULD COST MORE LIVES HUH? WHAT THEY UP TERE PULLIN GPEOPLE OUT TOO, IF SO THEY WERE NOT IN COMMAND WERE THEY. YOU EVER BEEN TO A REAL FIRE SPORT?
    quote:

Now, why don't you answer the original question asked of you PA FIREFIGHTER? "? What would you have done?"

What would I have done? I have no freakin' idea. I probably would have done the same thing that was done. But then again, I'm not on here second guessing what was done, like you are.

Gee what would I have done, SECOND GUESSING HUH, LET’S HERE THE GUYS IN CHARGE SECOND GUESS SHALL WE? common sense huh, let’s ask chief’s who were there.
    Because of the collapse of the World Trade Center towers, fire chiefs around the world will be less likely to send firefighters to the upper floors of burning skyscrapers, the former fire commissioner of New York City said Saturday.
    Otherwise, strategies for battling such fires are unlikely to change much in the wake of the terrorist attacks on the twin towers, said Thomas Van Essen, who retired in January.
    ``If there was a fire today in a high-rise in New York City, we would respond in the way we have for the last 30 years,'' he said before addressing a New Jersey City University forum on the trade center disaster.
    “No one prepares for jet planes crashing into their buildings.''”
    Go or no go? He says:
    ``If you have something of this enormity, if the (Sears) tower in Chicago got hit by an enormous jet plane, the chiefs handling the fire will be very wary about sending people up to such high floors,'' Von Essen said.”
    He did suggest better radios, but they knew they sucked before the event and dual plumbing to sprinklers, the math and reality of such a thing ought to be interesting if at all possible.
    “The trade center attack also highlighted the need for better radio communications for firefighters, Von Essen said. He noted that many of the firefighters who died in the collapse never heard the order to get out.
    He added that Sept. 11 also demonstrated the importance of having more than one water source for sprinkler systems. The jetliners that crashed into the twin towers sliced through the vertical pipes that were the sole source of water for sprinkler systems. “
    So where did all the money collected go:
    http://www.firetimes.com/story.asp?FragID=3329

"True of false one month after 9/11 Houston allowed a floor on a 42 story highrise to burn for 1 hour and 47 minutes? Yep. No water applied at all. Did it fall? Nope.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    True. No plane hit it either. "

SO NO PLANE HITS LIFE GOES ON EVERYONE GOES HOME, GLAD YOU AGREE

"You guys know him better than I do. "

NO THEY DON'T

"if someone says something logical, such as the points made above, if we are to be honest with ourselves, we must see if they meet our test of beliefs.
    "

AMEN

Forum Member

For the love of god, Larry just answer the questions. You answer a question w/ a question and answer that w/ another question. Sorry, but spewing out a whole bunch of what may or may not be technical mumbo jumbo which we're not sure you even understand does not count as an answer. I'll make it simple for you ...

1 Chief to apx. every 3 company officers
    1 company officer to apx. every 3.7 firemen

Is that simple enough for you?

Now, back to what would you have done ... okay, you have the chiefs outside ... congratulations, you're a freakin' fire genius ...

NOW WHAT?

Furthermore, I've determined from your rantings that high-rise buildings, in general, unless hit by a plane, do not collapse ... so why do you not set up command in the lobby of a high-rise fire where a plane is not involved? Which is it?

Stay Safe
    Last edited by PAVolunteer; 05-01-2002 at 05:05 PM.

Forum Member

Originally posted by JTL
    Well this thread went to hell on a freight train.
    Yes, good point ... with myself partly to blame. On that note, I'm done. What's the point? Larry just makes stuff up to fit his party line anyway.

Stay Safe

MembersZone Subscriber

high-rise buildings, in general, unless hit by a plane, do not collapse ... so why do you not set up command in the lobby of a high-rise
    BINGO!

Forum Member

People, people, please do not fall into the trap that this piece of trash has set for all of you. He makes remarks that he knows will agitate you and get your blood pumping.

He has used at least 6 alias' that I know of. He claims that he has influenced more people than would respond to a thousand alarm tumbleweed fire, when in reality he couldn't coax a horsefly on to steaming pile of horse crap.

He will be swatted away by the Webteam when they look at this forum just like he has been all the other times. It is only a matter of time....Larry.
    Kevin M. Fitzhenry
    Captain, Rescue Company 1
    City of Bayonne (NJ) Fire Department

Sr. Information Officer

Question

This guy Larry Stevens....does he live in New Auburn, Wisconsin?

Two (or more) can play his game.
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Larry, if you were first on the scene at the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001, what would you have done?
    Same as the "Tumbleweed Conflagration"...cleaned out his pants.

Angry

Boy oh boy! You people really disappoint me. With all the "professional" Monday morning quarter-backs swiftly seeking a position of high esteem concerning 9/11, you really think this butt-head needs to be answered? Just consider him among the rest of the throw-out trash for the monday garbage pick-up. Better, more Knowledgeable, more Educated Butt-Heads have explained their reasons.......why fire on this jerk. The bottom line is, and will continue to beunless) YOU HAD KNOWLEDGE THAT TWO 100 STORY BUILDINGS WERE TO COLLASPE AFTER A TERRORIST ATTACK AND KILL OVER 3,000 PEOPLE INCLUDING 341 + OF FDNY'S bravest, before the attack then you've got nothing to say! It's over, our guys won't be back, and this crap about HOW or WHY sickens me. Nothing will be garnered by supposition......should another attack occur, it will be of a different occurrance. I'm sure most of the Air-Heads out there can figure that one
    out easily enough. I would like to request only one thing personally.........Leave the LODD's and their Tomb be for a while. They deserve that much at least!
    "All gave some...Some gave all!"
    9/11/01 Lest we forget!
    FDNYRR

Temporarily/No Longer Active

Meaning no personal disrespect......."Give it a friggin' break!"

Boy oh boy! You people really disappoint me. With all the "professional" Monday morning quarter-backs swiftly seeking a position of high esteem concerning 9/11, you really think this butt-head needs to be answered? Just consider him among the rest of the throw-out trash for the monday garbage pick-up. Better, more Knowledgeable, more Educated Butt-Heads have explained their reasons.......why fire on this jerk. The bottom line is, and will continue to be unless) YOU HAD KNOWLEDGE THAT TWO 100 STORY BUILDINGS WERE TO COLLASPE AFTER A TERRORIST ATTACK AND KILL OVER 3,000 PEOPLE INCLUDING 341 + OF FDNY'S bravest, before the attack then you've got nothing to say! It's over, our guys won't be back, and this crap about HOW or WHY sickens me. Nothing will be garnered by supposition......should another attack occur, it will be of a different occurrance. I'm sure most of the Air-Heads out there can figure that one
    out easily enough. I would like to request only one thing personally.........Leave the LODD's and their Tomb be for a while. They deserve that much at least!

Forum Member

Well,

Good Ole Larry couldn't let it be..........

Never in my life have I seen one person disrespect so many.

Larry...you obviously have no clue about the brotherhood. Spout all you want about your ideas and logic(if it can be called such) I can't imagine one brother listening to you due to your total disrespect for the fallen.

FDNYRR - I appreaciate your comments and will end mine here. Unfortunately Good Ole Larry has a way of pushing us beyond the point of no comment.

Oh yeah ....Larry .... Joan Rivers is looking for someone to help with her act. I submiited your "resume".

JTL

hfd66truck
    Don't end it because of comments by the previous two people. They don't have to read it and their intent is to stifle any conversation. Steer the thread back to topic. In the future these threads will get worse unless they are talked about.

Default What would you have done???

I would have done the same thing that the Chiefs of FDNY did that day. Other than i would have had the staging in lets say building 7 of the WTC complex. But i would have had as many people in there as i could to try and save some civilains.. FDQUINT, you would have done the same thing if you were a true firefighter, you wouldnt just sit there and let the freaking fire burn. Real firefighters know the dangers of the job and you know what! THEY STILL PUT THERE LIVES ON THE LINE!. thats all i gots to say. Stay Safe
    "It's a tear from bottled-up emototions for fallen comrades. A tear for commitment to that funny piece of cloth called the American Flag. It's a tear for all the pain and suffering they have encountered. And it's a tear for their commitment to caring for and saving the lives of their fellow man!" From Creation of the Firefighter

JTL

I would have done the same thing that the Chiefs of FDNY did that day.

Okay!

Other than i would have had the staging in lets say building 7 of the WTC complex.

Well then, thats not the same thing.

Disillusioned Subscriber

Other than i would have had the staging in lets say building 7 of the WTC complex.
    Didn't 7 collapse, too?
    Steve Gallagher
    IACOJ BOT
    ----------------------------
    "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

JTL

Yeah Steamer

Post What would you do?

I think all of us would have done the exact same thing. I myself don't second-guess my officers. When I'm given an order I do it. Most officers know more. They have been there and done that a lot longer than me. Instead of re-hashing what said and done and won't be changed regardless of what anyone says or does, I leave you with this final thought. The majority on FDNY Firefighters that where first on scene did not know what was going on for the most part. For all they knew an accident had just taken place, the building was on fire, and there were a lot of people to evacuate, a lot of people trapped, and a lot of people to save. They just did their job. What they were trained and paid to do, and most important what we all love to do. Let them rest in peace instead of them looking down at us to see us all arguing over something that can't and will not change. I myself commend all Firefighters for doing what we do everyday and for not just seeing it as a job but a part of our lives. I respect all brave men and women that have gone on before me, and all of those who remain to carry on.

God Bless All and Stay Safe Always.

Default ...what he said!

rescue10Lt., E ngine Lt, FitzBFDT2, FDNYRR, hfd66truck and ff5082:

DITTO, brothers!

God Bless all those in the FDNY for we surely cannot begin to fathom what they have been through and are going through.
    An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!

JTL

I think all of us would have done the exact same thing.
    Thats is possible.

I myself don't second-guess my officers.
    What if you have more experience and know that what the officer is doing will result in injury or death?

Most officers know more.
    Ok

What if you have more experience and know that what the officer is doing will result in injury or death?

Everyone is different I'm just giving my 2 cents. I've only been in the fire service going on 4 years and all of my officers have been in it for 8 or more.
    I have second guessed my officer once but so did everyone else that day. Common sense told you something was wrong but that's a whole other story and besides I said "most" officers know more!

Last edited by ff5082; 05-06-2002 at 03:16 PM.

Just a little information link on the subject...
    www.vincentdunn.com/wtc.html

Forum Member

Newly released report on the collapse of the WTC buildings. Just started reading it so I can't attest to whether there's anything earth-shaking in it.

http://www.house.gov/science/hot/wtc/wtcreport.htm

Thread Information