Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Firefighting Software

I am new to these forums and was loking for a little help. My department put me in charge of finding a software program that would realisticly simulate a fire incident. I am looking for a product similar to that put out by Firesoft in the early 90s. This program allowed the user to make decisions such as apparatus placement, team assignments(vent,search,etc.), calling for mutual aide, and other Incident Command decisions. The program also simulated the effects of the users decisions(whether they were effective, whether they were successful in putting out the fire). If anyone knows of any similar software or at the very least where to get a copy of the Firesoft software, their help would greatly be appreciated. thank you.

P.S. I had a copy of the Firesoft software but it was damaged and no longer works.I still have a working demo though.

Default A little help

I can't help with any software such as you described. However, the NFA website (under "publications") has 8 or 9 CD's with ICS scenarios that are FREE. I have them myself and found them to be helpful in making you think rather quickly. You can't actually position vehicles, etc. but you are responsible for ALL decisions and actions taken or not. I'm not sure but I believe you get some sort of training certificate on completion. I may be a good start if nothing else.

Lyle Crandall
    Capt Fort Bayou VFD (Mississippi - Gulf Coast)

Forum Member

Arrow I can help you a little

Now itís not exactly what your looking for but it does allow you to somewhat place trucks and it does let you pause the game to look around and explain certain things about the given incident if you so choose. However it lacks many other things which you as well as I was looking for but, it is still a decent game none the less and worth a look even if its just fun to play. I had the misconception that it was going to be easy like most fire games have been in the past however soon you'll find you need to pay attention to the background and what is going on at the entire scene (like you should be) and things will get WAY out of hand if you don't. Several different scenarios which to work with. Hope this helps... any suggestions on fire reporting software from anyone looking to do a massive upgrade at my department and would like to hear suggestions of various software packages pros and cons we already have a system running but I want to find one that would be more efficient and possible talk to the CAD up at dispatch which would make life even better to include service in all or some of our vehicles. If you have something feel free to e-mail me us-army@htd.net

Emergency Fire Response you can purchase it at http://www.wccomputers.com/ or wherever else you can find it.

MembersZone Subscriber

You might also look at the USFA's publications site. They've got some simulations that they'll send for free. Not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for, but you can't beat the price.

MembersZone Subscriber

Give this link a try, http://www.firesimulator.com/

Free fire simulator, made by firefighters, given for free to firefighters for training purposes
    All statements made here do not reflect in any way the opinions or feelings of my employer.

Other than that, stay safe

Forum Member

Hi there,

I've used http://www.digitalcombustion.com/ software before. No complaints from me.

HTH

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Nfa Cd?

Would anyone still copies of the NFA cd ? any way I can get a copy, live in Canada. When I called the NFA offering to pay, I was told their out of production now.

Thanks

Thread Information