Thread: Fire Codes
04-28-2002, 12:39 AM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2001
- Upstate New York
Thank you for viewing this post.
It is here because I need a little feedback from the folks who get to ride the engines and trucks on a regular basis. (Yeah, I used to do that, but my current assignment is in Fire Prevention.)
If you could answer the following questions, it would help me to better understand your needs when I am proposing changes to the national fire codes and standards.
0) What is your position title in your department?
1) In your position, do you use your local fire codes and the NFPA standards?
2) How often?
3) Which codes and standards do you use?
4) Have you ever participated in the codes and standards development process, even if only to propose a change to the existing code/standard?
5) How did you participate?
6) Have you ever wondered how these codes and standards get written?
7) Which of the following codes and standards are you familiar with?
--BOCA Fire Code, SBCCI Fire Code, Uniform Fire Code, International Fire Code, NFPA 1, NFPA 10, NFPA 13, NFPA 30, NFPA 72, NFPA 90A, NFPA 96, NFPA 101--
I appreciate any input that you can provide, even if your job does not require that you use these documents.
Thanks in advance.
Dwight H. Havens
FPE and former fire fighter
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)