Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firewomen

[B][I][SIZE=1][FONT=courier new]
    fireman61
    The replies that you are recieving from your post have nothing to do with your qualifications as an EMT or Vollie. Read the replies again and I think you will see a trend of answers that indicated your imaturity in dealing with Firefighters Male or Female. As you stated most of us are from different departments and I am sure that these departments have some type of sensitivty training ( learning to think before speaking ) to ensure that all members do not offend each other or the public. The question or the way you asked shows imaturity and that is what ****ed off everyone. So since you state you are still in school check the class schedule and see if they offer a class on how to act and behave in the real world.

Temporarily/No Longer Active

Incase you haven't noticed, I don't really care. I mean, it is the internet. So I post pointless **** instead of going home and drinking or beating my girlfriend like others do. This is how I blow of steam, no one said you had to read it. So once again, I don't really care. Plus you guys really should relax and check to make sure that it is only air in your air packs. This post is pointless and I don't feel like writting any more about it.

<~~~~Moving on~~~~~~~>

fireman61

I appreciate the fact that you attempted to clarify what your intention of the original post was. Had it been written that way in the first place I am sure that you would not have gotten the negative reaction that you did. I think the thing that you have to understand is that as hard as you have worked, the women that have gotten into various depts have worked just as hard, as have the other men. I don't believe that anyone challenged your competency as an EMT or a FF. Woman take offense to remarks like the ones you made because of what they have had to go through to work in fire service, not all fire depts welcome women with open arms, but you wouldn't understand what that is like since you are a man. You may try to empathize, but you will never really understand because the stigma hasn't been attached to you. The majority of women who work in fire don't want any special consideration or treatment because they have breasts and a uterus, as a matter of fact they would be happier if no one ever noticed at all. When you work as a fire fighter you are generic, it doesn't matter if you are a man or a woman, you are there to do your job.

Oh... if you really want to know about the women in the calander try turning it over, the dept information is usually listed somewhere on the back, or on the inside cover. I'm sure that if you contacted them, they would be happy to tell you if they are models or real fire fighters.

I looked it over, only two were real firefighters, the rest were models. I guess they should name it Models Dressed up like firefighters or something, beats me.

MembersZone Subscriber GENAFIRE's Avatar

Lightbulb egads!

Well Fireman61 I guess theres only one thing to say to you in language your capable of understanding!...

"wOOF!"

Musta been some other blonde...

And you guys question my maturity?

MembersZone Subscriber GENAFIRE's Avatar

Talking

LOL.....WHY YES, YES WE DO!....
    LOL
    Musta been some other blonde...

Hey,
    Isnít anyone going to answer his original question?

Just Kidding

Thread Information